• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GA 2011 Rally After Action Report

Blythewoodjoe

I just read over a lot of the post from the last couple of days and I have a suggestion or two.

I may be wrong, but I suspect a lot of the stuff that stressed some of us out at the rally could be done long before hand via the internet. Obviously reserving a cabin or RV spot is done long before hand. I did not look into it, but it might be possible to do a waiver ahead of time and mail it in?

And it would appear lots of folks don't understand the details of rally attendance. I thought Clinto explained it very well in the first post on rally info thread. Maybe we should have some kind of pre-registration for the rally which would include a pdf file or something with a printable version of "the GA rally for dummies". DT's web site is a little difficult to navigate at times, but all the info needed is there. After all, we are no different in their eyes than all those nuts that where there to ride or camp. The other guys don't have special privileges. I'm not trying to step on anybodies toes here, but like the man said, "Everyone comes to meet, greet and ride...not to make sure someone else is complying with rules nor to accept someone else's responsibility." (PAPA BEAR)

I think a friendly reminder at the gate to take care of DT obligations and maybe a sheet of paper or two with a few helpful tips and rules might reduce the confusion. I think most of the confusion comes from the fact that some people don't realize that the rally is not a real entity but DT is. They are a business and when you turn off of the paved road, you have entered their property. Steelsoldiers had no real property there. In fact if you get down to it, we can't keep anybody that has complied with the DT rules off our little road through camp. I say that to make a point not to be disrespectful. I think some of us just don't realize what part DT plays in this fantastic event.

To quote PB one more time:
"I say this year was as close to perfect as it needs to be."

I rest my case your honor.
Joe Trapp
Assassin of Joy

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Good post Joe...and let me follow up just a bit.

My military experience was about 14 years light Infantry and about 6 years Mechanized...here's how that works:

In light/airassault/aircav, you have what you can carry on your back and maybe...if your lucky...somebody with trucks, choppers or airplanes will resupply ya...sometime...maybe.
So...that's the camping in the horse pasture part...if ya walk :-D

Heck...everbody that comes...does so in some kinda vehicle...military or civilian..so ya don't have to carry what ya survive with on your back...you just have ta think ahead and bring what you need...in/on your vehicle...get it?
Target aquired...target destroyed.

When ya get there (DTP) just walk up to the nice ladies and say:
"Hey, I'm ******* and I'm gonna play in the horse pasture for 4 days with 7 MVs and ride stuff...how much do I owe ya?? They will guide you thru...trust me...I saw it happen.:grin:

To recap...ya need to pay what ya owe...find out what it is.
Ya need to wash yer hands...plan for it
Ya need to be careful driving in the site..ask for a ground guide
Ya can't park in a travel lane
Ya can't expect someone else to accept your responsibility

Ya NEED to have a good time...and so do the folks who organize this event...so pull your own weight and let's all party:driver:

Attachments

poppop

Maybe when wreckerman is making noise on the pa system he could put out some friendly reminders to check at the gate for the rules of the day.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PB that picture of Richard looks like he is singing an Italian Opera...............

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CARNAC and myself were querying folks on checking in at DT. A flyer is a good idea, we had them for the trails, just need one for the event.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
gimpyrobb, I just noticed your avatar, What are you doing with Elmo.....? I hope this was legal. I don't know a possums anatomy but should,nt her tail be up...?

Last edited:

zout

Mama thought I deleted her pic's on her camera when we came back - she took it to WallyWorld and they were able to pull them off.
Will post em up on the multimedia thread tonight hopefully.

Great shots of Adam burried up to his elbows and the ole girl pushing mud off the front bumper up to the radiator.

Far off shot of Tigger burried up to the hilt in the Jeep - and getting pulled out and hands in the air with a big whoopla of - glad he's outta the chit hole.

PB holding a baby pig and MB holding her pooch - look like an old couple on retirement retreat hanging out with the youngins (rofl)

Great shots of the Penz as well and the GamaGoat. You think these guys are coming down the hills when in fact they are both in in reverse backing up the hills - very cool.

dinger65

Camo

I don't get on often. PapaBear could not have said it any better. "Sorry Ass" is being polite. I vote for Camo to render Honors. Papa Bear, you're a class act. Thanks Bud (dinger65)
If you all will allow us, CAMO will be proud to render honors to the colors and perform a Command Retreat Ceremony on any...or every night at 16:30hrs as prescribed.

As far as anyone being "put upon" to participate, my best advise is if you don't want to honor our Nation, Her Colors, and Her fallen, then just keep your sorry ass at home and let real Americans take care of business.

And yes...you are oldroflrofl

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Richard,

That was a needed laugh. I hope the poor thing heals well. Did you get your movie posted I was looking for it a while ago and could not find it.....?

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
I have not received raw video footage from anybody. I had some folks promise to send me some....if I get it the Prof. said we can do the video next week........I can do it using still pics but some footage from the covoy would be great.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Elmo has gotten over the drunken dubaunchery and Gimpy's vile assault.....the doc says with proper therapy he might be almost normal again....someday.....perhaps..........

At least the possum has a chance...:razz:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks