• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert PA Military Vehicle Rally Sept 21-24th, 2006

m816

Went friday, got a few good buys, saw a lot of friends and got a wet butt. went back Saturday with my wife. She has been ill and really wanted to make the show. With the weather being better today we made the return trip. It really did her good to see all her friends who all gave her a big hug. It made the world of good for her and I'm sure glad she got to see everyone.
It would be a good idea for some of you SS guys to wear name tags or a big sign with your SS name so I could put the faces to names It sure was a good show.

Srjeeper

Steel Soldiers Strong !!!!!

Hot, humid, rain, mud, deals everywhere, great showing by the Steel Soldiers community, MTA Club, NY-Penn Club, Redball of course and did I mention Great Deals????

It seems the poorer the weather, the better time to be had at these type events.

Saw many old friends and made many more new ones. The best part of the show for me was seein m816's beautiful wife Linda come walkin down the road with a big smile just to say Hi !!!!!!!

Good friends, good times and good deals.....Life is GOOD!!!

My thanks to everyone that made this years Redball Show & Rally such a success in spite of the rain....:beer:

Rhodanish

Funny I was thinking about the name tag thing too. The gentlemen I bought my Hardtop from had gotten his box truck stuck in the mud ( he was back by jatonka) so I gave him a tug out before leaving. Good times !

WarrenD

I don't know, Bill, I wouldn't say it was hot. You better check your thermostat, buddy, either that or it's menopause....:shock:
It was a good time.

rickf

Yep, I saw it and got some pictures of it. Nice looking truck.

Rick

OTE=HFDm715;945600]I made the 100 mile trip up this am in my m715, dont know if anyone saw it in the vehicle display area. picked up a real nice original paint 69 dated jerry can. a pair of vietnam era pilots sunglasses, a yellow bridgeplate, and a couple other little things. saw a guy that had an original cargo cover for my 715, but didnt really have enough money to bargain. rain sucked but had a good time anyway.

Duane

1967 m715
1968 m101a1
1963 cj5
1952 m100
1945 gpw[/QUOTE]

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One event you had to be there for....... The great tent takedown of Saturday evening..... If you have to ask, you werent there for that part.

Last edited:

C15TA

The show was great and worth the all night drive to get there. Thanks antennaclimber for the time you spent with Wilf and I explaining the glow plug controllers. I'm the guy that your wife asked if Wilf and I were married because we argue so much!!! Wilf bought a Mule and we got it in the back of his M1008 for the trip back to Canada. I too wish there were name tags for the SS guys, as it would have been nice to put some faces with the names.
Barry

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Barry, Are you the guy with the decked out M1008A1 that was on display in the show area?

Name tags, gonna have one next year. I'll ask Jim Gilmore if he can help with that also(when signing in).

The show was a great time, even in the rain. It was great to meet some new friends, and see all the old friends(not calling you old Bill) as well.

It was cool to to see Johns MKT in action.(Thank you for breakfast). I heard many people say how impressed by it, they were.

Thanks to all who stopped by to say hello( we truly enjoyed everyones conversation and company)

DHwife should be posting pics soon.

Already looking forward to next year.

SteveKuhn

Big success for me 'cause I didn't spend any money. I've gone through plenty in the last couple of months. Nothin' I needed - except the Jeep for sale and that CCKW . . . . .

I vote for name tags or signs on Easy Ups or somethin'. You get very strange looks at the checkin table when you tell them you're trying to locate DogHead's booth.

I did accomplish Goal 1 for the show which was to meet a little over a dozen people I read here regularly and to let them know I appreciate what they provide. I picked 2 landmarks (Jatonka & SRJeeper's Deuce) and asked from there.

Goal 2 was met as well by getting to see the equipment there and talk to the owners to get a real handle on the cost/benefit of details in the paint job now underway. A sanity check was in order and I got one of the 1st order. The range of opinions and chance to study the trucks closeup was a big help.

A while back I stumbled on to a bunch of YouTube links for the War and Peace show and got a big kick out of the people taking Deuce rides. So, I answered last call for the same in the WWII 2 1/2 ton and got out the Flip for a ride around the fairgrounds. Maybe some who couldn't make it will get an idea of why everybody was so pleased. Pardon the wobbles.

I should admit that I envied one thing: Those 3 boys sitting across from me were decked out for the day as I only dreamed of being at their age. Them I envied.

Steve

Last edited:

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, it was good meeting you. I hope my directions to Doghead's spot were good... "look for the pile of ammo cans in the back"

m816

I'm glad I missed the Big Tent erection and the big tent take down. But the rest of the show is as good as they always
are. Linda was so happy to see all our friends. It really made her day on Saturday. Thanks all

mikes47jeep

It was a good show like always, a little smaller than usual, but I think the rain scared some people off

It’s always good to meet up with other insane MV collectors

GamaGoatGirl

Here are the pictures that I took at the show...not many since it rained on Friday! Thanks to all of you that were so nice to my nephew! He had a great time and as you can see by the pictures.... was asleep within 15 miles of the show when we headed home!

Attachments

ohiomgman

I had been wanting to attend the Gilbert Red Ball show for a very long time. Made the seven hour trip Friday Morning and got there Friday afternoon. Weather control was lax. Fire the bums. Found the RT524 radio set that I had been looking for and a ton of misc small parts paint and doo dads...etc. Great show. well worth the drive. We left late friday afternoon...as it was becoming nice and sunny...

I will try to make it next year.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks