• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert PA Military Vehicle Rally Sept 21-24th, 2006

rickf

DHWife, Your nephew was a very polite young man. He did look pretty crispy by the time I left. I would say he gave it his all.:-D It was nice meeting you and........................whats his name?......................... Oh yea, Doghead.:beer:

Rick

LanceRobson

I saw a guy that had an original cargo cover for my 715, but didnt really have enough money to bargain.
Duane

1967 m715
1968 m101a1
1963 cj5
1952 m100
1945 gpw
Duane, it could well have been Ed and I that had the original M715 cargo cover. The only M715 canvas we have left, unless something is hiding in the pallet racks or in the loft, is a cab cover and a cargo cover. Shoot me a PM and I'll give you Ed's contact info. If you guys work out a deal be might be able to get the cover to you without freight. Nancy and I have two sons living in different parts of NJ and they come up often.

I'm not sure what show OMG was at but if he saw sun at Gilbert Friday afternoon he was at 8,000 feet with WWIIbird....

About 6 hours after it started raining I poured a cup of coffee and when it was empty I left it on the tailgate by the S-280 door. Sat. AM it had almost 2-1/2" of rain in it.

Good show though. Heck, MV shows are like hunting, fishing and shooting matches. A bad day at the show is still better than a good day of most other crud.

Lance

ohiomgman

It is a small world ...when we are ridding around on electrons.... Rained all the time I was at Gilbert pretty much on Friday... Saturday it was better...

lindyp38

it was a great show......mud and straw.......and more mud and more straw......but at least sun came out sat pm......just in time to help pack up.............it was nice seeing s/s members and putting faces together with their names here.......

cruzinz28

Well, I attached a few pictures of our "home away from home" from Thursday-Saturday. Without the Maintenance Tent it would have been a really wet event for sure.

As you can see in the other pictures it was Muddy on our end of the field and we definitly took our turns pulling truck, vans and even tractor trailer out of the mud at one point or another.

It was my first year attending Gilbert, but I will be back next year for sure. Hope everyone had a safe trip back home!

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Once again had a great time at the 2011 Gilbert MV show and Mud Bog. Very wet on Friday, but Saturday was fairly nice, slept nice and warm in the Dawg House, lots of folks enjoyed the Vietnam display and the wet weather and mud made it all the more realistic. Now it's just gonna take a week or so of airing everything out to let it dry. The drive home is 245 miles long, but the trailer towed fine and the show was worth every mile. This show always is.

Was great seeing all the Steel Soldiers I know, and meeting new ones. Thanks for all the help that was given me by folks who know what a tough situation I am in at the moment, jatonka for selling a couple things of mine, the Gypsy crew for having me over for a meal or two, and yankeedeuce for the brews. This show is one of the best in the country for the venue, the folks who come to it, and the deals you get. Better than Aberdeen in my opinion.

Can't wait for next year!

SteveKuhn

Doyle Presentation

I was unable to attend more than about the 1st 25 minutes . That made it the one thing that I didn't count as a win for the show. Hope that he'll be doing it again and that I can catch the whole thing. He was putting out some really interesting stuff.

GM-M1008

I was there Saturday, talk to a few members that I know. I apparently talk to a few members that I didn't know where members. cruzinz28 if that was you with the big tent I bought my antenna and antenna bracket off of you for my truck. I also went a little overboard with taking pictures so here is some of them

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
any pics of what was pulling the halftrack loaded trailer in pic #4

SteveKuhn

You can see the half track rig if you look at the video in the ride around the fairgrounds link in my earlier message.

There's a fair glimpse of the whole display area.

Steve

C15TA

Hi Doghead
Unfortunately that's not my truck you are referring to. It belongs to Frank Moore and he has done a real nice job of installing the kit. My truck is actually an M1010, the Cadillac of CUCV's.
Barry

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well as usual I went too far. The tent was great in one sense but horrible in another. Actually it was more the fact I spent a week loading, transporting, and unloading stuff and by the time the show hit I was SPENT. Add to that the rain and I wasn't the happiest camper in the world. If I acted a little crabby, I was. I'm getting too old but at least I'm not as old as JATonka---now that's old.

I actually ran into David Doyle the day after the show as we were pulling in to a gas station. Always a pleasure.

I got word not long after arriving that my dog went into renal failure. By the time I left, they weren't sure they could keep her alive until I got home. Another issue that was constantly plaguing me.

Thanks to 'The MKT Guys' for help in loading out and tearing down the tent. Thanks also to Emmado22, CruizinZ28, JohnD, Larry, Mike, Ken, Becky, and of course John Tennis for helping out during the show. without these folks, my live would have been an even bigger living he!!. THANKS!!!!

HAWKMAN

Carnac,
Thanks again for picking up those trailers for me at Haver! It was a pleasure helping you out for the show and look forward
to seeing what you have at Aberdeen! also sorry to hear about your dog, I know how you feel as I had to put mine down a couple weeks ago and it sucked:(. Hopefully the next event you do is high and dry. :D:D:D:D

blackrock

Well as usual I went too far. The tent was great in one sense but horrible in another. Actually it was more the fact I spent a week loading, transporting, and unloading stuff and by the time the show hit I was SPENT. Add to that the rain and I wasn't the happiest camper in the world. If I acted a little crabby, I was. I'm getting too old but at least I'm not as old as JATonka---now that's old.

I actually ran into David Doyle the day after the show as we were pulling in to a gas station. Always a pleasure.

I got word not long after arriving that my dog went into renal failure. By the time I left, they weren't sure they could keep her alive until I got home. Another issue that was constantly plaguing me.

Thanks to 'The MKT Guys' for help in loading out and tearing down the tent. Thanks also to Emmado22, CruizinZ28, JohnD, Larry, Mike, Ken, Becky, and of course John Tennis for helping out during the show. without these folks, my live would have been an even bigger living he!!. THANKS!!!!

Sorry we didn't get to meet, but thanks again for taking that winch back home with you. Thanks Kyle

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks