• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gilbert PA Military Vehicle Rally Sept 21-24th, 2006

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Well, we planned to take her into the vet tomorrow (Wed) to put her down. I spent the night with her and her breathing was quite labored. The wife and I were discussing moving up the timeline to today and I helped the dog get up to go outside and pee. She came back in and went to laydown. Just after she layed down, she went into a seizure followed by respiratory arrest and most likely v-fib. I could feel her heart just doing unsyncronized beating. The vet office is 15 minutes away, she was already heading down the path, so I just let nature take it's course. She died in my arms this morning at 7:15. I'm glad to have made it home in time and spend a few hours with her. She fought to hold out until I got home and then gave up the good fight.

rickf

Sorry to hear that, I lost a dog the same way a couple of years ago and it is real hard. Anyone who has not had that happen has no idea how tough it is. You always second guess yourself thinking there was maybe something you could have done.

Rick

Well, we planned to take her into the vet tomorrow (Wed) to put her down. I spent the night with her and her breathing was quite labored. The wife and I were discussing moving up the timeline to today and I helped the dog get up to go outside and pee. She came back in and went to laydown. Just after she layed down, she went into a seizure followed by respiratory arrest and most likely v-fib. I could feel her heart just doing unsyncronized beating. The vet office is 15 minutes away, she was already heading down the path, so I just let nature take it's course. She died in my arms this morning at 7:15. I'm glad to have made it home in time and spend a few hours with her. She fought to hold out until I got home and then gave up the good fight.
Kevin,
So sorry about your dog. I am glad she hung on until you arrived home. Dogs are the most loyal friends and partners you will ever have. Losing them is always very hard, but just try and remember all the good times you both had together. God bless and she is up there in the sky waiting for you, just like she did until you made it home. Great to see you and the boys at the show, thank you so much for the lights(They work great in the MKT). I hope at least we helped a bit in the big take down and packing up. Sorry you missed dinner but we all knew you guys wanted to get home. Looking forward to Sussex, NJ and Aberdeen. Thanks again.

John(25thIDAirAssault)

Reactions: art

ohiomgman

The Rainboy Bridge....

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

rlwm211

Kevin;

I am so sorry that you lost your dog. A good dog is like a best friend, or perhaps better.
They are there for you always and their love is unquestioning.

Your being there when she died I am sure was a comfort and made her passing easier for her
and although it brought the pain into focus immediately for you,
in time you will know it was all according to God's plan.

I would also be quite confident in saying that you will have another dog to replace her
as it is in your heart to own, or rather, to have your heart owned by a dog.

Again, I am so very sorry for your loss of a wonderful friend and pet.

RL

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
................ I'm glad to have made it home in time and spend a few hours with her. She fought to hold out until I got home and then gave up the good fight.
Very sorry for your loss.... I love dogs (or say they love me) and I know to well how it hurts...!
Very clear now why you left Gilbert sooner... reason enough!!!

G.

Srjeeper

Sorrowful news...

Kevin, these quotes come to mind at this time. I sincerely hope they bring you some comfort.

She died as she had been born and as she had lived, in my care, and surrounded by those who loved her.
Vicki W. Fowler

Not the least hard thing to bear when they go from us, these quiet friends, is that they carry away with them so many years of our own lives.
John Galsworthy

My condolence to you & the family.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks