• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL no longer processing trailer titles ( m1101)

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
Since you are in AZ and GL is also in AZ why don't you pay them a visit. They are a free for all. That's what you get with a bunch of minimum wage employees at remote locations who could care less or are too dumb to know better. Massive amounts of stuff goes missing. Several sites have have been visited by police. I can tell you GL does not like when the pd shows up because they are usually in the wrong. GL hides behind their policies they act like a gov agency but they are not. They are just a company with a gov contract. I buy a lot of stuff and I have gotten into it with them before.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
The serial on the trailer is fine for CT. They don't complain about the short number. If it's pre 1981 you can do it with just a bill of sale.

Gunzy

I just bought an M1101 from GL and then called them after I picked it up and was told they are still issuing SF97s on trailers. So I went ahead and filled out the SF97 application, now I will see what happens. My trailer is a 2009 and weighs over 750lbs, so in Utah I am required to license it and they want titling papers on it because of the age.

From what I understand now, the state of New Mexico is requiring receipts for all materials used to "build" a trailer someone wants to title as homemade or shop made. So if you have no receipts, they will not title it. At that point you have to get a bond to get it titled. This is according to a friend that custom builds trailers here.

Mike929

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TX doesn't require one but I like the added security and also in case I decide to sell it out of state or, heaven forbid, move to another state.
They do now, if you want to register it as a FMV or over 4000 gross vehicle weight. Either will require that it be titled.

They will not issue a title without the sf97 unless you want to set up and pay for a bonded title.

Kelzamos

Today I called GL regarding the sf97 I paid for on July 10th for my M1101 trailer. I was told this it was shown to be in payment due status. After presenting my payment information, I recieved the following.
Dear Customer, I have received word that you were inquiring about this sale/lot. I am sorry for the delay, however, the AZMVD has stopped processing our titles for the time being (we haven’t been told exactly why) so your application has been on hold. We have been working with AZ and are hoping to have this resolved shortly. The SF97 is prepared and if you wish to have that sent to you with a Bill of Sale, you might be able to register this small trailer. Let me know if that is what you want and I will get them right out to you.
Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience but this situation has been beyond our control.
Regards,

Since I live in Illinois, there is no way to register my new paperweight. Can't do bonded title, can't do homebuilt, nothing. As a nonsmoker, I suddenly am craving a cigarette because GL @#%& me.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you get the SF-97, what's the problem? Just take that to Il DMV and get a title. I have never gotten an AZ title for anything.

Kelzamos

If you get the SF-97, what's the problem? Just take that to Il DMV and get a title. I have never gotten an AZ title for anything.
GL issues titles for states whose laws require one, including Illinois. States have different laws and some don't even require registration for a smaller trailer. My first "problem" is that had I not inquired about the missing SF97, it appears that they would have never sent anything and charged me for the screwing. Secondly, my previous trailer caused some trouble to register even with a good title from Arizona because of the unusual vin and Kassel as not being a recognized manufacturer by the State of Illinois. I have had my trailer since mid-June and have not been able to use it and probably won't be able to. I own a tan paperweight. GL is sending a "bill of sale". I will take it to the DMV and will post the results.

goldneagle

Today I called GL regarding the sf97 I paid for on July 10th for my M1101 trailer. I was told this it was shown to be in payment due status. After presenting my payment information, I recieved the following.
Dear Customer, I have received word that you were inquiring about this sale/lot. I am sorry for the delay, however, the AZMVD has stopped processing our titles for the time being (we haven’t been told exactly why) so your application has been on hold. We have been working with AZ and are hoping to have this resolved shortly. The SF97 is prepared and if you wish to have that sent to you with a Bill of Sale, you might be able to register this small trailer. Let me know if that is what you want and I will get them right out to you.
Again, we are sorry for the inconvenience but this situation has been beyond our control.
Regards,

Since I live in Illinois, there is no way to register my new paperweight. Can't do bonded title, can't do homebuilt, nothing. As a nonsmoker, I suddenly am craving a cigarette because GL @#%& me.
Most states will accept a SF97 and Bill of Sale to title a MV or trailer. According to what you wrote GL can provide those for you. You did not state that IL will not accept SF97 for titling a trailer.

Kelzamos

"Customers requiring a state certificate of title will be charged $77.75. GL will determine whether your state requires a state certificate of title or a Sf97." Now they are telling us they can't get titles so...

FloridaAKM

Since I live in Florida, the two M1102's I bought from GL, are required to have a Bill of Sale to get registration & a tag only, since they are both under 2000 lbs. The title is a not going to happen deal, so there is not much more that I can do @ this point. A Bill of Sale is free, the Title in Florida is $77.75 each, so it is not a total dissapointment to me right now!

Gunzy

I received my SF97 with bill of sale for my M1101 from GL yesterday. So they ARE still issuing the paperwork needed to license and title the trailers.

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
From the information I got, this is a issue limited to AZ. It appears AZ is not accepting the SF97 as a 'title-able' document.

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AZ MVD accepted my SF97 and turned it into a AZ on August 6th with no problems. (23 days ago)

So much of policy seems to be dictated by who is behind the counter that day and how helpful (or not) they're feeling.

Last edited:

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Email from gl title supervisor says AZ not giving gl titles and won't issue titles off of an sf97. I suspect this is the official updated policy but that not everyone got the word, resulting in some getting titled with an sf97, depending on who is behind the counter....

bigbe5678

Good luck registering a trailer in NY without a title. Ihad a title and had to go 5 times (short vin #had to produce picture of vin #on trailer) you need a notary public to stamp the title with signature ofseller For my M101a3 145$ fee No more home built if made by manufacture andthen take it to a service station within ten days and have them inspect it. NewYork state troopers will confiscate the trailer with no plates or reg

Kelzamos

SF 97 Bill of Sale = Illinois Title!

97Update on SF 97 for title in Illinois.
Hello Men. After waiting patiently for an SF97, I phoned Government Liquidation to check the status and found that it was on hold due to an erroneous “awaiting payment” status. I received a follow up phone call from GL informing me that GL is no longer issuing titles from the State of Arizona and that they could send the bill of sale. I assumed that since I live in Illinois, and GL has sent me titles in the past, that I was screwed. This is Illinois!Well, GL sent the bill of sale from them to me, as well as the one they received when they purchased my trailer from the Government. The original sale price to them was LOW so I was right about the screwing part!

I received a TITLE from Illinois today using the bill of sale via the SF 97. In short, no Arizona title via SF 97 from GL in Illinois = no problem. Thanks for listening.

Last edited:

Over

Fort Bliss Anybody?

Anybody need a trailer to bring stuff back from Fort Bliss to Phoenix AZ? I just won a M1011 and was wondering if I could pay someone a few bucks to get it to Phoenix?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks