• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL Trouble

ida34

Robyn,
I went reading up the other day on obtaining an SF-97. Before I thought there was a one year time limit on requesting the SF-97 and I thought it was printed on the SF-97 request form. Now when I look I can find no reference to the one year time limit. Is there still a time limit in place for requesting an sf-97?

Thanks
Chuck

EdMontana

USMilitarySurplus said:
Just an FYI, I'm compiling a list of the suggestions and concerns being expressed here so that when the GL thread is created, they can be addressed directly. And ad nauseam. :wink:
Hello Robyn,

Is very nice to know that we have you around to listen the ongoing problems between GL and us and to try find solutions, we surely appreciate it.

I am dealing with GL for some time now with other kinds of surplus but recently I purchased 4 trucks, received 3 and another one this coming week....everything was flawless, auction, EUC, girls in the online help and phone help are super dedicated but the big and only snag seems to be the SF97 Dept.

I faxed the paper work 3 times now as the first two I was told that they never got it (?!?), and from what I was told they retrieved the last fax....they told me that would take 2 weeks but 3 weeks passed from my third fax (going way over a month now since first fax) and my Credit Card still not showing any charges for the $120 (2 SF-97's)

I also was told that is only one lady handling all the SF-97's, perhaps this Dept. is under staffed?? I would say that is GL's interest in CASH IN this additional funds as soon is possible, and so is mine in acquire the SF-97's.

I see folks saying that not too long ago the SF-97 was free and would come faster....and now that we need pay for it is more difficult :oops:

Regards,

Ed from HDPS CORP./TN

USMilitarySurplus

Chuck: We did away with the time restraint but....

Ed: The removal of the time restraint now means that our Titling Dept has quite the backlog. We're aware that the turn around time has gotten longer and we're attempting to make the process more efficient. Actually, your posts here will be helpful in emphasizing this point.

Melvinitis

Robyn, I too have been having great luck with the GL staff in the last month... prior... well things are improving. I am excited to say my CUCV 1008 will be picked up tomorrow, if all goes to plan! I am PMing you about a non vehicle purchase.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
EdMontana said:
USMilitarySurplus said:
Just an FYI, I'm compiling a list of the suggestions and concerns being expressed here so that when the GL thread is created, they can be addressed directly. And ad nauseam. :wink:
Hello Robyn,

Is very nice to know that we have you around to listen the ongoing problems between GL and us and to try find solutions, we surely appreciate it.

I am dealing with GL for some time now with other kinds of surplus but recently I purchased 4 trucks, received 3 and another one this coming week....everything was flawless, auction, EUC, girls in the online help and phone help are super dedicated but the big and only snag seems to be the SF97 Dept.

I faxed the paper work 3 times now as the first two I was told that they never got it (?!?), and from what I was told they retrieved the last fax....they told me that would take 2 weeks but 3 weeks passed from my third fax (going way over a month now since first fax) and my Credit Card still not showing any charges for the $120 (2 SF-97's)

I also was told that is only one lady handling all the SF-97's, perhaps this Dept. is under staffed?? I would say that is GL's interest in CASH IN this additional funds as soon is possible, and so is mine in acquire the SF-97's.

I see folks saying that not too long ago the SF-97 was free and would come faster....and now that we need pay for it is more difficult :oops:

Regards,

Ed from HDPS CORP./TN

I have an almost identical situation.........and New Mexico charges a late fee if a title is not applied for within 30 days of purchse....

Ed aka: FMJ

ida34

Robyn,
I sent in a request for a cucv I have not gotten road ready yet. How does one make sure you guys got the request. I have no problem waiting but I would like to make sure my request was received.

Thanks
Chuck

USMilitarySurplus

This morning I was notified that we will be waiving the vehicle titling fee from now until further notice. The suspension of the invoicing portion of the process will cut the wait time in half. Please allow for a lag time while the backlog is being processed. In a month or so, it should be back to normal.

Paperwork in the pipeline as of today will continue to be processed and not assessed the fee.

As I stated yesterday, we wanted to make the process more efficient. This was the best way to do so.

Spread the word....

surpdlr

FORM 97

USMilitarySurplus said:
This morning I was notified that we will be waiving the vehicle titling fee from now until further notice.
Spread the word....
It’s about time you STOPPED charging for something that was ALWAYS FREE from the Government!!!!

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im happliy suprised.. From all the negative talk (GL advertising here) when this whole idea was first brought up look what happened. SF-97 fees get waived, an open conversation is happening with "real, holy cow they listened to the customer and are actively working to better customer relations" things going on. We can ask questions and get answers AND action.... This is a GREAT start!

chuck500cc

This may have been asked, but I will ask again. When you have folks who buy alot of stuff from GL, is there a way to allow those in a type of express lane on thier clearance? I haven't had it happen to me but rumors have it that even though you have bought many from items/vehicles GL it can take an very long time to clear. I have found that when I have a lack of information/knowledge, it can make it not make sense on how things are supposed to go.

Thank you
Chuck XD Fan

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
USMilitarySurplus said:
This morning I was notified that we will be waiving the vehicle titling fee from now until further notice. The suspension of the invoicing portion of the process will cut the wait time in half. Please allow for a lag time while the backlog is being processed. In a month or so, it should be back to normal.

Paperwork in the pipeline as of today will continue to be processed and not assessed the fee.

As I stated yesterday, we wanted to make the process more efficient. This was the best way to do so.

Spread the word....
ok, I need to send in an SF97 request right now-but the GL site hasn't been updated. The request for SF97 form still shows the $60 fee. If I fill this out and send it in is there going to be an issue or do I need to wait until the updated SF97 form shows up?

Thanks

C

Fred431

This a praise of GL rather than a complaint. I Purchased a M101A1 trailer on 1-3-08 and was a first time buyer My EUC was approved in less than a month. My GL rep(Sheila Rozum)processed the paperwork with a few glitches(my fault). I Called Letterkenny and made a appointment for 9AM yesterday to pickup my trailer. I arrived at 0800 having driven all night from New Hampshire. I met Justin at the gate who already had my trailer pulled out. We hooked it up and was out of there in 15 minutes. No complaints here with GL. My only complaint is the cost of diesel fuel to drive down and back and driving 1100 miles in a M1008 at 55mph. $275 for fuel and tolls. Something you might want to consider when you bid on a item thats not close to your house. The fuel cost me more than the price of the trailer

USMilitarySurplus

I was out of town for a few days and some of you were concerned that I left the forum. Guess you guys missed me. :wink:

There's also a rumor that I posted false information regarding the titling fees and that there were conflicting reports depending on who you talked to within our company. I can only imagine the crazy conspiracy theories that are currently being circulated.

So here again is what I posted previously and also an official notice from our office about the titling fees. I suppose you're free to discuss it here [the moderator will let us know if not] and I can certainly take any suggestions to the higher ups that you might post. But if you have any questions or concerns about the titling process, please contact Customer Service in writing to make your opinion official: info at govliquidation dot com

/// "I was notified that we will be waiving the vehicle titling fee from now until further notice. The suspension of the invoicing portion of the process will cut the wait time in half. Please allow for a lag time while the backlog is being processed. In a month or so, it should be back to normal. Paperwork in the pipeline as of today will continue to be processed and not assessed the fee." ///

/// "Because of a significant increase in vehicle sales volume, turnaround times to receive SF97s are longer than normal. We have made several adjustments to bring these turnaround times back to normal, including waiving eligible titling fees as a courtesy. This is a temporary adjustment and once the backlog has been cleared out, the fees will resume as stated in our Terms and Conditions." ///

ida34

Robyn,
I chatted with Meredith and was basically told that even if my EUC request was from a week ago if it did not take longer than 30 days it would not be free. So it looked like a gamble as if you guys get caught up I will be charged the fee. Your post above seems to say that if I have one in as of a week ago it will be free even if it only takes 3 weeks. Can you clarify. She did also add in the second paragraph in the chat session but not the first paragraph.

Thanks
Chuck

USMilitarySurplus

Chuck: I will check into this on Monday when everyone is back in the office. Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I will inquire further and repost a response here.

I'm sorry for any confusion, gang. Continue to let me know about any concerns you may have regarding this topic.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks