• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexAndy

What's really sad/strange is that I had an EUC returned as approved yesterday... and another sent to battle creek, today.

That doesn't mean anything one way or the other, regarding whether or not we'll be able to keep our property. They could very well know we'll all have to return them anyways, but just not really care. It's our time and expense to do so, not their's.

Chief_919

According to a GL Site manager, the reason for all the deuces being reclassified as demil F was because of the detection of radiation coming from a gauge. And they've already given the yard manager the specifics on the demil procedure, i.e. where to cut the frames.

No, I did not hear this first hand. I was busy trying to unass the truck from trying to go out of a gate that was closed while this convo was happening.
There has been plenty of stuff with tritium guages sold, they just remove the guages, not crush the whole thing.

I have purchased hundreds of radios that had tritium meters, they just removed the meters and sold the rest.

greenjeepster

The trucks will be back on there soon enough, although there's what-less than 300 M35A2's left in active service???
What they have in service and what they have left to sell are two different things. I have seen M37s on GL a few years ago, they have been out of service for 40 years, but still had a few kicking around somewhere.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
One other thing: If this ever happens again you can go to the DRMS web site and fill out a demil classification challenge form and argue the change in classification. For example if you had a GL picture showing the inside of the box being empty when GL sold the truck, it's pretty apparent you do not have the gear in question. There is a recourse for everything.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug, you know the rules, no current GL listing links!:roll:

TexAndy

What next they going to want all the CUCVs & M88os back. :p

Stimulus for GM. "If you want a Blazer, you do like the rest of the peasants and buy a brand new one!"

Er, isn't that what they did with the hummer and AM General?

eta: Tho that raises an interesting question:

How were the owners of surplus auction sold humvee's treated? Did the .gov try to track all those vehicles down or what?

I just spent the better part of an hour reading this thread from post #1. I want to sincerely thank Chief_919 for being willing to go the extra mile to help a fellow SS member and get him the information he needed.

Although some of those original responses regarding illegal/improper actions like swapping data plates and destroying/hiding the vehicle MAY have been in jest, I got the impression that some of you would not HESITATE to take such action, just to "screw the government".

As someone said in their signature line a while back "Character is doing right when no one is looking." :rant:

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dug, you know the rules, no current GL listing links!:roll:
Um, yeah, um, oooooppsss - my bad. Anyways, what I meant was - I don't see where GL is selling them anywhere, but I have been wrong a couple times in the past.

greenjeepster

Um, yeah, um, oooooppsss - my bad. Anyways, what I meant was - I don't see where GL is selling them anywhere, but I have been wrong a couple times in the past.
They are not listed. If you read the "why did they pull all the M35A2s" thread a member received a correspondence from DRMS which stated that the have been recoded as F (must be destroyed) Apparently they are discussing:roll: the situation

velociT

If you guys remember brass as one point was changed to needing mutilation and then reversed.

I'm not saying that is for sure what is happening here, just providing a historical referrence.

We need more rare sense. It's not so common anymore.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not listed. If you read the "why did they pull all the M35A2s" thread a member received a correspondence from DRMS which stated that the have been recoded as F (must be destroyed) Apparently they are discussing:roll: the situation

Code
Description

A
DML not required
B
DML not required. Trade Security Controls (TSCs) required at disposition.
C
Remove and/or demilitarize installed key point(s) as prescribed in the Defense Demilitarization Manual, or lethal parts, components and accessories.
D
Total destruction of the item and components so as to preclude restoration or repair to a usable condition by melting, cutting, tearing, scratching, crushing, breaking, punching, neutralizing, etc. (As an alternate, burial or deep water dumping may be used when coordinated with the DoD Demilitarization Program Office.)
E
Additional critical items/material determined to require demilitarization, either key point or total destruction. Demilitarization instructions to be furnished by the DOD Demilitarization Program Office.
F
Demilitarization Instructions to be furnished by the Item/Technical Manager.
G
Demilitarization required. Ammunition, explosives, and dangerous articles (AEDA). Demilitarization, and if required, declassification and/or removal of sensitive markings or information, will be accomplished. This code will be used for all AEDA items, including those which also require declassification and/or removal of sensitive markings or information.
P
Security classified item - Declassification and any additional demilitarization and removal of any sensitive markings or information will be accomplished prior to accountability or physical transfer to a DRMO. This code will not be assigned to AEDA items.
Q
Strategic List Item (SLI). Demilitarization not required. SLI are non-MLI(Munitions List Items) controlled by the U.S. Dept. of Commerce through the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and indicated on the Commerce Control List (CCL). Each CCL entry is preceded by a four-digit Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) and those ECCNs ending in the letter "A" or "B" are defined as Strategic List Items. These items are subject to Import Certification and Delivery Verification (IC/DV) control and other trade security controls.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The other thing I would like to point out is that there are many reasons not to pay full retail for a truck on GL and this is perhaps the number one reason..
Well even if you buy your truck from a private sale you still might have to give it back. They will go to the guy that bought the truck from GL and he will say he sold it to you. They will then find you and take the truck back. The real question is will they pay you what you gave for the truck or will they only pay the amount it sold for through GL? I tend to think they will only pay what the original purchase price was and whatever over that you paid would be lost. This could turn into a big mess if they try and take back trucks that have passed through 2 or more hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks