• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

DicedDeuceMan

They did this to me , year after I got a radar plotter. This is a piece of plexiglas with cicles on it. By then, this worthess piece of platic had gotton broke, and was filed in the landfill . Via My moms trash truck. Can you believe they wanted to verify that is was there, by contacting landfill operators, Hey phil, did you see this in the 20 tons of bagged trash a year ago? WTF. They were pissed at me, sent me all kinds of paperwork to fill out, notorize ect. My account never reopened, guess they didn't like my answere about the second demil, when I said SCRAP YARD... Can we verify? thats when I laughed at them.. I still got a certified letter a year after that.

Good luck..

Chief_919

Maybe you could bob it and thus discourage GL from actually wanting it back?
They don't care about condition.

All they want to do is check the box. They need to be able to say either "item X recovered and sent to demil" or "Item X certified as demilled by XXXx".

They could get it back burned to the bare frame, as long as they can check the box on their forms they won't care.

Pawnshop

If anyone gets to the bottom of this I would like to know if they are chasing the NSN stated on the GL invoice or the ACTUAL NSN of the truck. I know of a vehicle with the wrong NSN on the invoice (that is all I will explain at this time:))

Capt.Marion

You signed a contract. Honor the contract.

Unless you want me to believe that you're one who doesn't give a flying f*** about contracts, so if I sign a contract on a truck with you, I can do whatever I like, regardless of the contract and its stipulations?

Just because the Gov't may not be noted for its extreme honesty or integrity doesn't mean that you should be dishonest or untrustworthy. If that's a good enough excuse to fly off the handle (and shrug off common sense), we're all screwed.

Chill out. Things always work out in the end. If they ain't worked out yet, it ain't over yet.

This is directed at everyone in the thread.

Last edited:

saddamsnightmare

The Byrd will make them fly or shake in their boots.

Yea, Go Senator Robert C. Byrd.....!!!!! I wished I still lived back in W.Va. because Senator Byrd is the man...:-D

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

N.B. take a page from the Clunkers for bucks program, Waterglass it at the end, as its nothing but a high priced clunker.

DanielP

The Byrd thing is a good idea. A phone call from Byrd's staff may make GL decide they do not want the truck back.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The Byrd will make them fly or shake in their boots.

Yea, Go Senator Robert C. Byrd.....!!!!! I wished I still lived back in W.Va. because Senator Byrd is the man...:-D

Cheers,

Kyle F. McGrogan

N.B. take a page from the Clunkers for bucks program, Waterglass it at the end, as its nothing but a high priced clunker.

Yeah, destroy it now! Burn it, bury it, hide it, etc...

Guys 98 % of these responses are plain ole speculation and bad advice. I'm locking this thread for a day, maybe you'll all pull your heads out of your butts by then, and have something better to say.:oops:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Does anyone have any facts to share, that might help Savage Sam?

Please keep it real...:wink:

cyberspace_7

Had a few thoughts here... From what I'm reading here it would seem the culprit is something to do with the M185A3 Instrumentation Shop Van? So it could most likely be a piece of equipment they want. What if you unknowingly removed the piece and returned the truck? And I don't mean "unknowingly" I mean seriously you didn't know! Also...what if you took pictures of everything on the truck, would that be classified...and thus illegal?:?:

tie6044

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So what happens if I buy a truck for $1000 and sell it for $10,000 (yes they are made up figures)? Is the government going to pay my buyer the $10,000? Cause I sure as heck don't have it anymore. Also, what about the ones I've honestly scrapped out? Do I have to prove I scrapped them? I have 15 sets of Rockwells sitting out back if that proves anything.

TexAndy

So what happens if I buy a truck for $1000 and sell it for $10,000 (yes they are made up figures)? Is the government going to pay my buyer the $10,000? Cause I sure as heck don't have it anymore. Also, what about the ones I've honestly scrapped out? Do I have to prove I scrapped them? I have 15 sets of Rockwells sitting out back if that proves anything.

The Constitution explicitly says that the government MAY NOT take property without compensation.

If they paid 10k and the government only gives them 1k, that is not compensation, in my book.

Westex

Savage Sam--please refer to my post #115, concentrate on the "render" part, and execute. Don't give up your truck. I personally think it's ok for now.

For the rest of our site members, there is no recall of M35A2 trucks and none is anticipated. Now or in the future.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hopefully this will get resolved by the gummy getting their electronic crap back. That would be reasonable.

It's sad how the many nice communications radios and the like are destroyed wantonly, a huge waste of millions in taxpayer money :evil: for which the government entity should be held accountable and individuals meaningfully punished :evil:. I'll let them off easy though. Just stop scrapping radios. Pull the crypto board out and sell them otherwise complete for $1500 to collectors and hams. yes they would sell like hotcakes. There's your darn tax money you're so short on. Most of the radios will work with no mods on at least one ham radio band and they are fun to collect and use.

There was a huge trailer full of laser communications gear someone was scrapping out a few years back in order to have a "trailer". Wonder if they'll get a letter.. well the trailer, if it still exist, is just an empty trailer, and the electronics is long gone to parts and scrap. Someone else got the lasers. :roll:

I heard that the 5 ton program may be restarted because the FMTV has proven a bit unreliable in some cases. That would apply to 900 series anyway.

As for tie6044, - well you better have gotten that guy's payment irrevocably and be ready cause he's gonna be unhappy when you finger him for the truck. He might sue, right or wrong. He may have no worry though, since he did not obligate himself to any agreements.

When it comes to "proving" things, there are forms to be filled out and sworn to, this is basically giving one's word on the subject, and nobody would want to perjur themselves by intentionally obfuscating. I suppose it is fair to say one does not remember where this or that went to scrap, if that is the case. Just twll the truth, right?

I never had to supply an EUC or agree to anything when I bought my truck from an individual. Same for the green colored 386-type PC computers. I do not think I am obligated for squat. "Only your lawyer knows for sure.."

So, in the GL demil code part of the agreement, under what conditions do the obligations of it apply to the next owner? It did not seem clear to me.

Last edited:

TexAndy

You're not obligated in any way to GL as a secondary buyer. They're just a private entity same as you or anyone else.

You are, however, obligated to give any property you own to the Federal government if it asks for it. Whether they owned it originally or not. Including your house, cars, and probably first born child. Just so long as the property seizure is exercised as a power necessary and proper to the execution of the enumerated powers, it's perfectly legal. And fortunately for the Federal Government, the Judicial branch of the Federal government has ruled that there's almost no limit to the enumerated power of regulating interstate commerce.

All they're required to do is compensate you for it.

ABN173

I'm telling you guys, they're not coming after anybodys trucks. Relax. Just a small glitch with somebody at DOD. Or whomever.
Really? Then refer to post #1:

GL notified me that the demilitarization code for a M185A3 Instrumentation Shop Van that I purchased in February 2009 was changed from DTID to DEMIL "F". The change was made after the sale. Now they want it back. What can I do to keep the Duece?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks