• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

tsmall07

Details are everything. You don't have to GIVE the gov't anything that belongs to you. They are required to give just compensation for property they are going to take. You DON'T have to TAKE their first offer. You can counter offer and get what you think you deserve for the property. It's the same with insurance companies. Too many people think they have to take exactly what the gov't offers even if it is less than the actual value/cost. You don't!

Desert Deuce

Steel Soldiers Supporter
M185A3 is no different than an M109A3 by the time we get our hands on them. There are no extra gauges in that truck. It comes down to the type of benches or shelves that the truck was outfitted with. Sometimes they're in the truck sometimes not.

Savage Sam

Talked with the item manager for my truck. He said that the truck needed demilitarized due to the gauges in the shop van. I told him that the only thing in the van was work benches. No electronic equipment, gauges or any thing else.
He said he was working on the situation and his equipment manager would be back next week. He would call me by Thursday and let me know what to do.
In the meantime I am to hang tight and wait on his call.

Thanks Chief_919 for your help in finding the person that I needed to talk too.

Chief_919

Talked with the item manager for my truck. He said that the truck needed demilitarized due to the gauges in the shop van. I told him that the only thing in the van was work benches. No electronic equipment, gauges or any thing else.
He said he was working on the situation and his equipment manager would be back next week. He would call me by Thursday and let me know what to do.

Good to hear that calling him worked out. Sometimes it just takes finding the person with the ability and desire to make things happen.

Last edited:

kurtkds

Hopefully your situation will be resolved so that you can keep your truck.

Do you have pictures ready to go or a local contact that you can take the truck to, to prove that the truck is empty?

We're all pulling for you!!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm telling you guys, they're not coming after anybodys trucks. Relax. Just a small glitch with somebody at DOD. Or whomever.
Yeah, I'm so uptight about the whole deal I keep spending time and money working on it to make it all the better for the repo man. :)

I wish they would repo the 109 box - save me from hauling it to the scrapper................................

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
DUG, In case you did not know it, your truck is the same vehicle that is used to launch the SKUD missle, out of the back of the109 box. I think they are worried that they misplaced a few SKUDs and are clandestinely looking for them under the the ruse of "a few guages". are missing Once they see you are SKUD-Free, off you can go with a fresh demil MV. It will all be over in a week or two. I can just imagine getting that letter and thinking they are taking my baby!!!

DUG

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Dudley - Looking at the roof of the 109 box it looks like a few SCUDs took the wrong path leaving. I can see the OP being stressed, but I don't see the need to worry until my crack legal team tells me the fight is over and I have to give her back. And by "crack legal team" I mean the cousin of a friend who's uncle works as a paralegal on the side..........................

greenjeepster

Finally something worth reading in this thread;-)

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wonder why Timex, didn't recall the watches they made, with Iridium numbers? I loved that watch....

greenjeepster

Every body needs to go back and read the terms of sale contract again. I can see why GSA and GL are sending out these read the term of sale letters. Apparently nobody read it prior to accepting the terms.

There is no grandfather clause when it comes to a contract sale like buying a deuce from DRMS. It clearly states in the contract that if the demil class is changed, you will return the item.

Saying that it has a grandfather clause is like saying that you don't have to stop at a stop sign because it wasn't there yesterday:roll:

tsmall07

Saying that it has a grandfather clause is like saying that you don't have to stop at a stop sign because it wasn't there yesterday:roll:
That statement is idiotic and wrong. If the verbiage wasn't in the contract when it was signed by the purchaser, changing the contract after it is signed will not apply to the signer. THAT'S THE POINT OF A CONTRACT! If that weren't the case, any contract would be a worthless piece of paper because it could be changed at any time. Any changes in a contract must be presented to the signer and it must be resigned to have any effect.

Michael

First I would like to say that the original poster should thank his lucky stars that he posted here and that Chief_919 saw it and got that number for you. GL sure wouldn't have given it to you and you would have probably had to take that truck back. I bet that there are very few people on the list that knows how to find the one person that has any say in undoing a demil code change.

The other thing I would like to point out is that there are many reasons not to pay full retail for a truck on GL and this is perhaps the number one reason. You are signing a contract to take any item back that at DOD's whim gets the demil code changed. It also states exactly how much you will get back which is the purchase price plus so much a mile to take it back. They don't care how much you have spent on it or how much it cost you to come get it.

Last edited:

Chief_919

That gauge thing is not good news, people. Make preps accordingly.

Huh?

They are talking about the equipment that was in the back, not the stuff on the dashboard.

Absolutely no reason to panic. The NSN for that behicle included the specilaized equipment in the back, and that is what the DOD is concerned about. The entire disconnect appears to be that whenever they saw that NSN listed they assumed all the specialized equipment was still in the back.

TexAndy

According to a GL Site manager, the reason for all the deuces being reclassified as demil F was because of the detection of radiation coming from a gauge. And they've already given the yard manager the specifics on the demil procedure, i.e. where to cut the frames.

No, I did not hear this first hand. I was busy trying to unass the truck from trying to go out of a gate that was closed while this convo was happening.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well that makes zero sense to me. If you have a radiation issue cutting the frames has no effect on that. This same thing happens every year or two. The trucks will be back on there soon enough, although there's what-less than 300 M35A2's left in active service???

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks