• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

GL wants my Deuce back

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexAndy

Well gang, its official. I got a letter in the mail today. They are asking about my trucks. I have not bought ANY trucks from GL, just parts. This sucks azz.

Well, that doesn't sound very official... but it doesn't sound very good, either.

First off, whom did you get a letter from? Govliquidation or the government?

Second, would you mind posting the exact text of the letter, minus any personal details?

wsucougarx

Wow, just sitting here reading all of these posts:roll: Let's keep things honest guys. Integrity is worth much more than iron sitting on 10 tires. Don't get me wrong, I love my trucks but I do not place their value over honesty and integrity! Once upon a time the words "Honor, Courage, Commitment" were instilled in me by GYSGT Lewis. Let's keep on the straight and narrow path gentlemen

Last edited:

TexAndy

Wow, just sitting here reading all of these posts:roll: Let's keep things honest guys. Integrity is worth much more than iron sitting on 10 tires. Don't get me wrong, I love my trucks but I do not place their value over honesty and integrity! Once upon a time the words "Honor, Courage, Commitment" were instilled in me by GYSGT Lewis. Let's keep on the straight and narrow path gentlemen

Honesty.

You mean like selling trucks that are past their utility to the military to the civilians who paid for them in taxes in the first place... only to arbitrarily demand them back after same civilians put in countless hours and significant wealth into transporting and restoring them? That kind of honesty?

Oh, and they want you to go to the expense of sending it back to them. Then maybe they'll reimburse you. Eventually. If it's what they consider a reasonable expense.

Please.

AaronW

Honesty.

You mean like selling trucks that are past their utility to the military to the civilians who paid for them in taxes in the first place... only to arbitrarily demand them back after same civilians put in countless hours and significant wealth into transporting and restoring them? That kind of honesty?

Oh, and they want you to go to the expense of sending it back to them. Then maybe they'll reimburse you. Eventually. If it's what they consider a reasonable expense.

Please.
I think you have it all wrong Tex. Mike is refering to us abiding by the contract we signed to aquire these trucks if in fact we bought them from the US Government via GL.

wsucougarx

Honesty.

Please.
Roger that! I'm speaking about the honesty that was and is still instilled into each and everyone of us. That kind of honesty that can be counted on when no one is looking. The kind of honesty that can be counted on regardless of the situation. The kind of honesty that does not falter due to human made circumstances. The kind of honesty that I wish more people had in this Great County! Now I understand we all have a beef and concern about the perceived circumstances surrounding this situation. But this is no reason to lessen our values or who we are due to "FEAR". As far as transportation expenses, I myself made took that chance of paying out of pocket when I signed my name on the EUC.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
I agree wsucogarx.

I like to joke around with the best of folks but when it comes down to brass tacks...it's strictly business and toe the line.....although I stand my ground if I think I'm right.

If ya read the fine print and the GL rules...they and the Guvmunt can sorta / kinda do what they need/want/have to:cry:

There are legal ways and means of addressing problems/concerns...none of which include swapping data plates etc. That can only lead to more problems as each vehicle has the serial #/ VIN stamped in other locations.:idea:

Let's not start a problem where there should not be one:?:

Csm Davis

ok here is my take, GL asked for a part of a apc i bought as part of a lot that i had for months. They sent me a letter with an NSN and said it was a transmission well there was four diffrent transmissions all diffrent and all the tags were gone. they will come get the items but i didn't know if i still had the one they wanted and they could not tell me what it looked like. The one they wanted had been melted down. But if the gov wants ityou better be ready they will come get it. Now if you think you get shafted on the money on a truck better hope they don't come after part of a lot, they have a screwy way to figure out what they owe you hope it wasnt why you bid so high or you can be hosed bad. BTW I have quit buying from GL three diffrent times because i have been ripped off for lots of money.:evil: good luck!

nhdiesel

Yes the Govt. will come and get what they want, and there isn't much you can do about it. But regardless of what the fine print says, it doesn't make it morally right. If you buy a house, live there for years, make it your home and invest your life and savings into it, you pretty much think its yours. But what if the govt. comes and decides they want your land, and take it by eminent domain? They have that right, but it doesn't make it morally right. Regardless of what its worth, or what you have into it, they make you an offer and you had better take it.

That happened to a good friend. He and his wife built a new house on family land. They had over $150k into the house alone, the town had it appraised for well over $200k. A couple years later (house wasn't even 100% finished) the state decided a new road was going through there. They offered my friend $125k for the property, or $80k towards moving the house to a new property. Take it or leave it, if they refused they would get nothing and be out on the street. By the time they found new land in the area, had the house moved, then paid for all the repairs and damage from the moving process, they were out another $200k.

So if the govt. wants your truck, theres nothing you can say or do, fighting you over a truck is nothing to them, and you WILL lose.

But its still not right.

Of course like I had said in a previous post, we are most likely worked up over nothing, and its probably a 1-time thing that won't affect the rest of us. Cross your fingers and hope.

Jim

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Well lets throw some more napalm on the fire. . . .

What about trucks sold through GSA?, I don't recall any resrictions or EUC/Demil BS requirements on those trucks. . .

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Ed

greenjeepster

Well lets throw some more napalm on the fire. . . .

What about trucks sold through GSA?, I don't recall any resrictions or EUC/Demil BS requirements on those trucks. . .

Please feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Ed
Those trucks are not fresh off of military service, they have spent years in forest service or some state government roll. Not sure why that makes a difference other than that the Dept of Defense and GL is not involved in those sales.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
From GSA:

Attention GSA Auctions® Bidders
In an effort to provide bidders with a consistency of sales services and the most efficient bidding, payment and removal process possible, the General Services Administration is reaffirming its strict enforcement of the GSA Auctions® Online Sale Terms and Conditions. Particular attention will focus on the requirements regarding payment of items within 2 business days and property removal within 10 business days from the date and time the award email notification was sent.
We urge customers to familiarize themselves with the Online Sale Terms and Conditions to include, the Standard Form 114C, General Sales Terms and Conditions, and the Special Requirements and Conditions which reference special terms such as the Bid Deposit Sales, Export Restrictions, End Use Certifications and Statement of Intent Documents. Bidders are cautioned to periodically review these terms and conditions to ensure they remain familiar with them for subsequent bidding.

gunboy1656

OK, well now I had a question come to mind.

They want to change the demil code so they can recover the trucks/ parts, well what are they going to do about all the trucks they sold to foreign governments and left overseas cause they did not want to bring them home? Seems to me the trucks/ parts in question are better off in our hands then theirs.

I know we left a lot of those trucks over in the desert when I came home in 2005.

Chief_919

Ok everybody.

I have done the research and determined who the item manager is for the OP's truck. This is important for two reasons, one is that the item manager determines demil codes, the other is that the item manager determines what the demil requirements are.

I sent the OP an PM with the name, email, and phone number for the item manager. I suggest he call him directly and politely explain what is happening and ask what the demil requirments are and if, by virtue of having all the instrumentation repair gear stripped, his truck would meet the demil requirements.

Sometimes the best way to fight stupid decisions is find the person responsible, and see if they know what the consequences of their actions are. The guy could be an ass and refuse to even talk, or he could be great and help the OP keep his truck- can't make it any worse at this point.

Last edited:

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok everybody.

I have done the research and determined who the item manager is for the OP's truck. This is important for two reasons, one is that the item manager determines demil codes, the other is that the item manager determines what the demil requirements are.

I sent the OP an PM with the name, email, and phone number for the item manager. I suggest he call him directly and politely explain what is happening and ask what the demil requirments are and if, by virtue of having all the instrumentation repair gear stripped, his truck would meet the demil requirements.

Sometimes the best way to fight stupid decisions is find the person responsible, and see if they know what the consequences of their actions are. The guy could be an ass and refuse to even talk, or he could be great and help the OP keep his truck- can't make it any worse at this point.

Chief:
A Snap SALUTE to you, Sir:!:

As instructed in Basic Training, Lackland AFB, 1975.... in the Day-Long class on RUMORS & PROPAGANDA.... Get to the facts BEFORE things get out of control:roll:

You're keeping a cool head and getting to the source.

THANK YOU:-D

:grd:

:not worthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks