• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my deuce

Awesome Possum

Looks like a mean truck i want to do this to "Isabell" just can't do it. My hand starts to shake as hold the blow torch :cry:
Are you being literal here? If so, I have a tremor and found the recip saw is my friend, and the cutting torch setup is now on Craigslist. (My wife says I should sell it before I REALLY hurt myself!) If you're not being literal, oops!

DeucesWild11

bj, I went around a few times with insurance, you can get regular and insure as commercial but I went the Historical route through Hagerty $89/year on $10,000 agreed value. If you or a close friend have a garage that will fit then that will work. Otherwise there is a group in FL that insures trucks as Historical without a garage, can't remember the name at this time..

bjsmith

bj, I went around a few times with insurance, you can get regular and insure as commercial but I went the Historical route through Hagerty $89/year on $10,000 agreed value. If you or a close friend have a garage that will fit then that will work. Otherwise there is a group in FL that insures trucks as Historical without a garage, can't remember the name at this time..
i had ins on my last deuce though state farm as a personal comercial policy but they had it as a stake truck so i sent them picks of it without side rails and just waiting to see what they classify it as to get coverage

HASSON1911

Well, I just came across another M35A2 in the big town of Roseau.(Pop. 3000). although this one already has alot of custom work into it I know and trust the guy for his work. He has extended the frame to make it a crew cab while keeping the tandams i know some people bob thiers when they do a crew cab but i gotta say i love the looks of this truck. If the price ain't too high I might buy it at the end of next summer.

bjsmith

took it through a ditch across from my house last night to check driveshaft clearence when suspension flexs and have plenty of clearance, but front tire bent the exhaust so im going to try to tuck it closer to fender or run out the back, and i need to fix sprag couldnt make it all the way through ditch which it not that deep because once the opposite side dropped all the way down no traction and no go withoout front pulling:-( i also went to day since everything is leagal now to the gas station down the street for first real run at hwy speed did good wonders a lil but not to bad. while at gas station when i can out i had a guy in a lil low rider truck want to take a pic next to mine. my tire was taller than his roof when he let the air out of the air bags should have taken my own pic. tomorrow will be the real test when i drive it 30 miles to work:D

MO MV man

With regards to your wander......what I found the cause of my wander was the draglink end sockets weren't properly tightened. Followed the TM to the letter and no more wander.

Slap some lockout hubs on there and it'll be a completely different truck.
C&C has a decent price on AVM's-what I used and where I got 'em.

Congrats on getting it roadworthy!!

bjsmith

Might be checking drag link this evening wanders alot more on the interstate definetly have to pay attention and the roads here are not the best to start with need all the control I can have to keep it in the center of my lane but other than that truck did good this morning

bjsmith

and another pic with cover on. also got all 3 belts changed and wasnt to bad doing compressor with a 1 13/16 wrench and big pair of channel locks and as you can see in the pic i need to seal the top of fuel tank

Attachments

RANDYDIRT

Might be checking drag link this evening wanders alot more on the interstate definetly have to pay attention and the roads here are not the best to start with need all the control I can have to keep it in the center of my lane but other than that truck did good this morning
Crank in 1 turn of toe. Just loosen both tie rod ends, and grab a pipe wrench. You want to lengthen your tierod by 1 turn. It really helped mine from wandering. If it don't work, what have you lost? Just turn it back.

Dirt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks