• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

going to bob my deuce

MO MV man

adjusting drag link made a big difference now the rest i believe is just the interstate on 2 lane hwy drives perfect
Now start saving your money for lockouts.
They made a world of difference on my deuce.
I got my AVM's from C&C Equipment in IN.
Clint had an awesome price.

bjsmith

i have a deal right now to get reb kit for transfer case since forward sprag is messed up. might pick up some paint tomorrow to repaint it. think i might try to get new wheels before lock outs

bjsmith

also think im gonna try to start fabbing up a 4" lift for the front with some of the frame i cut off and maybe some 3 or 4" blocks for the rear

MO MV man

Great idea on the wheels.
HEMTT? They're worlds easier to mount tires on than stockers!
That's what I had and man do they fit and look sweet.
I mounted my 395/85R20 Michelins in my garage! :)
There are stamped steel wheels out there, too.
You just have to have someone mount the tires on 'em. No big deal.

That being said.....you gonna flip the hubs in the back? While you got it down.....might as well.

bjsmith

Probly will be the hemtt wheels and I plan on flipping hubs with them. I can right now if I do the tire will hit the bed. I know they have to be alot easier to mount my 14.00r20s on than the stocks that was a job

MO MV man

That's gonna COMPLETELY change the look of your rig.
Awesome, man.

How much are HEMTT's going for now? They were fairly reasonable back when I got mine Spring of 2010.

I'll PM you where I got mine.

ryker725

i have a deal right now to get reb kit for transfer case since forward sprag is messed up. might pick up some paint tomorrow to repaint it. think i might try to get new wheels before lock outs
I had no idea it was messed up. Couldn't tell driving down the highway.. Never tried anything where I needed the front tires to pull..

Truck looks great by the way.. And a HEMTT wheels will make it look even better..

bjsmith

No big deal I should have checked it but didn't think about it. Id rather have the kit in than the spag anyway positive engagement and front and rear pull same speed instead of front slower. Thanks on way it looks its about to get new paint job soon as I get a weekend with no rain

ryker725

Going back with the camo scheme, or maybe changing up to desert tan or just an OD or old school green?

I did put the new hood hinges in the truck, did I? The ones on there seemed to have a lot of play..

bjsmith

yes i have the hinges. i going back camo just going make it look new will most likely spray whole truck with green let it cure then roll on the black and brown

HanksDeuce

I talked to BJ's buddy Ross and he said he's a hard working guy. Ross also said he works fast. Judging by this thread I totally agree. Good thing he is going the three color camo because I'm going desert tan.

BJ, maybe you could help me with my bob project? Lol.

bjsmith

heres the first coat of paint will do another tomorrow then still have to get the brown and black but i went to sherwin williams and had them try to match a good peice i had from under the hood and they couldnt match it. so i took there color chart and matched up close as i could and the color is called secret garden in satin finish and a100 exterior acrylic house paint. i painted everything but the side boards also need to mask everything and finish but the bottom two board all the way to the back i did paint boards and its a real close match

Attachments

bjsmith

here it is with 3 color camo the brown is sherwin williams sw6104 kaffe and the black is just black all sherwin williams a100 satin exterior acrylic paint i also painted the top dont know if it will hold up but top was faded bad so wanted to make it look new

Attachments

RIDDLE1

Man it is looking great with the new paint job!! I am going to paint mine as soon as I can figure out what color/scheme I want it.

Oh I own MO MV mans truck by the way.

bjsmith

thanks i just wish the brown was a lil darker. the paint card i had looked closer that it does now but it was dark when i was comparing them but it will do. still on my to do list is install reb kit and try to tuck exhaust closer to fender or move to under truck and out the back

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks