• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Going to live in my deuce in Oklahoma....

merlot566jka

They were well aware of the situation about the three vehicles, and they only were angered about the amount for healthcare... That started a political rant about numerous subjects we cannot and will not discuss here.
They know the whole story.

VenomInjected

They were well aware of the situation about the three vehicles, and they only were angered about the amount for healthcare... That started a political rant about numerous subjects we cannot and will not discuss here.
They know the whole story.

Well.... whatever... I say cut the losses... 3-4,000 worth of debt is alot easier to climb out of then 34,000

But again.. if your not ready for the life lesson... your not ready.... but don't worry... that many toys without the di$cipline will catch up.... always does.

islandguydon

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you think of filing for chapter "7" bankrupsty..? I am sorry to read this thread and to see the loss of the home. I will pray for you.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow! Talk about out of the mouths of babes. Sounds like you have a very smart daughter.

Like I said, you'll come through this a stronger man in the end, just pay attention to the life lessons you are getting.

RodUSMC1962

Does anyone think this guy is pulling our chain? Three girls he barely knows are letting him move ,three vehicles, his folks and brother hate him, and in three months everything is going to be great, and he won`t sell his toys.Either this guy is making this alll up or he is is living in a fantasy world. :jumpin:

gungearz

Does anyone think this guy is pulling our chain? Three girls he barely knows are letting him move ,three vehicles, his folks and brother hate him, and in three months everything is going to be great, and he won`t sell his toys.Either this guy is making this alll up or he is is living in a fantasy world. :jumpin:
Agreed... I was almost in the same situation 10 years ago but my wife stood by me the whole time with the kids. Although my brother at least gave me a hand. Sh*t happens to people and we all just gotta be fortunate in our own situations.

Atwater

one recommendation on the new possible living arrangement.
just to be sure everyone is on the same page you might want to sit down with them and write up some sort of house rules.
ie what is expected of each person2cents

plym49

What an intresting thread!

Here are my suggestions:

#1: You are a father. That always comes first, no matter what. If whatever plan you end up going with means you cannot afford as much as a chocolate bar for your child, then sell or pawn or do whatever it takes. No matter what, it is unacceptable to make that little girl want.

#2: This is America. Americans go forward, not backwards. Drive on, no excuses. I do not agree that you need to sell your Deuce or Vette EXCEPT if keeping them affects #1 above.

#3: Sell the Sonic. It is not anything you have an emotional attachment to, and it is an additional financial liability. Get rid of it and buy a decent used pickup truck, SUV or van that is dependable enough to use as a DD to go to work or visit your daughter. Buy it for cash if you can and maintain it yourself.

#4: That free room deal sounds fishy. Don't abuse it, make sure you do the work they ask, and pay some rent regardless.

#5: If that does not work out, keep looking for decent rentals/roomate situations. You will get good at finding them.

#6: If that fails, get a fugly used camper.

#7: Work out a financial plan for when, 4 months out, your income picks up. Stick to it until you are completely back on your feet and have at least $5K in the bank.

That's it.

Good Luck Buddy! I appreciate your service. You may think that you are at the end of your rope but you aren't. Remember, it is always the darkest before the dawn. That said, sell the vette, deuce,...., ......., ......, but leave or get yourself the most economical means of transportation that you can find. Now is not the time for toys and you certainly don't need a vette or a deuce. Finish school and do everything you can to make your daughter have the best life she can have.

Years from now when you have a house, plenty of savings, and a college fund for your daughter, then you should reward yourself with a toy or two.

hilber

Thanks for your service. Good luck and enough advice has been given so I'll remain quiet on that front. I will however pray for you and your daughter.

I am however struck by the number of people that have lived out of cars. I have had hard times but never quite to that point.

Kohburn

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I wouldn't mind having the 'Vette as I'm the age where men buy them to recapture their youth but then I remember my youth.........

rickf

I wouldn't mind having the 'Vette as I'm the age where men buy them to recapture their youth but then I remember my youth.........
I have never met you but somewhere I seem to remember you described your size as being akin to your avatar? In a Vette? I am 6'3" and I fit into one quite well when I was 35 but at 60................................the fit is not the problem. The entry and exit is.:oops:

Rick

ridingshotgun

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad to see you are taking the tough but necessary steps to secure your future. You have reached the point where you are sick and tired of being sick and tired...to quote Dave Ramsey. You will soon reach the point where you realize how much wealth you are missing out on simply by making loan payments and what peace of mind you can have by getting out of debt. You have the income and the assets to accomplish it very easily. Don't take some of these harsh comments personally, just realize that these folks WANT you to come out on top. I make approximately what you said you make in a year and the only debt I have is about 4 years left of payments on my farm. All vehicles, equipment, livestock and toys are paid for and are not purchased unless I have the cash available. It took me a while to develop that mindset because I had the same addiction to stuff that you do. But, it is really liberating to finally reach the point where your future means more than your present and you sacrifice today so you can live like you want to tomorrow. Best of luck! :deadhorse:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks