• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gov Planet zero accountability

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would really like you to explain what the difference is. I would really appreciate it. Under style it says OH and I’m assuming that stands for Off Highway. You have any idea what the DMV would think it is? Would I be able to get on road title? I understand that you are not the DMV but you seem to have an idea about it. Thank you for your help View attachment 853523
This is why I suggested just going to the DMV as a first step. They may just issue a NV title and registration.

Calling them will do no good. What they say on the phone bears little resemblance to what they'll actually do or refuse to do when you're there.

My suggestion is informed by dozens of MVs in multiple states. (But none of it specific to NV)

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The head of the title department said it was an off highway title and I can add airbags or whatever is needed to make it on highway. I’m really glad I can get help here. I appreciate you all.
This is why I suggested just going to the DMV as a first step. They may just issue a NV title and registration.

Calling them will do no good. What they say on the phone bears little resemblance to what they'll actually do or refuse to do when you're there.

My suggestion is informed by dozens of MVs in multiple states. (But none of it specific to NV)
I have an appointment on 1/28/22 so I will give it a try. Worse case I can go with Dirt Legal.

Action

The head of the title department said it was an off highway title and I can add airbags or whatever is needed to make it on highway. I’m really glad I can get help here. I appreciate you all.

I have an appointment on 1/28/22 so I will give it a try. Worse case I can go with Dirt Legal.
Try not to get an attitude while you are there. Wasn’t that you that went off on AMG about their website?

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Try not to get an attitude while you are there. Wasn’t that you that went off on AMG about their website?
I don’t think I was that hard on anyone an AMG and it was directed at the website and not a person. I did talk to a snowflake that was offended by it but I imagine his panties gets in a wad several times a day. I just walk away before it gets to that point because nothing you say or how you say it will change their minds.

revhrd

Well, I can say that it's all dependent on how you conduct yourself with Gov planet on the phone and with dmv reps in person/over the phone. I agree with @Action that your title looks like a normal title. It took me a few trips and explaining my paperwork but in the end it was processed. I don't think you have to do the whole airbag thing, but then again, I have an m998 not a newer one and that may constitute a different approach.

M1165A1

On a montana title, your code should be "LL" for suburban/SUV. I've had to have a title reissued on account of that once (they mistakenly listed "truck", which triggers a huge fee increase on my local toll roads).

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think what you have is a title in GP's name, transferring it to you.
I will put my cheaters on and read the bottom of it. I did see my name hand written on it so you are probably right about it.
Yes title is in Iron Planets name and they are transferring it to me

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure when GP says "clean title" or "clean SF97" that they are implying that it means it is for on highway use, I have never seen it defined.
Edit: In Texas generally a "clean" title means a title unencumbered by liens

Last edited:

TomTime

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will put my cheaters on and read the bottom of it. I did see my name hand written on it so you are probably right about it.
Yes title is in Iron Planets name and they are transferring it to me
My sales receipt from the auction had GovPlanet's name on it. When I got my title it had RitchieBros name on it.

Went to MVA (Maryland's DMV) and I was told that since the names did not match from the sales receipt and the title they would not accept it. They have to have the same name on them.

It may not be a problem in your state, but I would make sure your paper work matches...it may save you sometime and headaches.

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am not sure when GP says "clean title" or "clean SF97" that they are implying that it means it is for on highway use, I have never seen it defined.
Edit: In Texas generally a "clean" title means a title unencumbered by liens
Did Gov planet ever have SF97’s that were stamped “off road “ I found a sample of the stamped “off road only “ clean SF97 means it’s not stamped off road only. What else could it mean? I know there’s not a lien against it.227C007F-9D4B-4AF9-B2F6-B41CE86D4D51.jpeg

Last edited:

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did Gov planet ever have SF97’s that were stamped “off road “ I found a sample of the stamped “off road only “ clean SF97 means it’s not stamped off road only. What else could it mean? I know there’s not a lien against it.View attachment 853532
Yes, my 93 M998 SF97 came with a "off road use only" stamp
But it did not say "clean SF97" in the sale, it said "standard SF97" farther down in the sale just like all sales have that I looked at.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, my 93 M998 SF97 came with a "off road use only" stamp
But it did not say "clean SF97" in the sale, it said "standard SF97" farther down in the sale just like all sales have that I looked at.
So clean SF97 means it’s not stamped off road only… mine clearly says clean SF97. I don’t know what I have and I was hoping that someone else has had this same style Montana title.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So clean SF97 means it’s not stamped off road only… mine clearly says clean SF97. I don’t know what I have and I was hoping that someone else has had this same style Montana title.
One could assume it means no off road but unless it is clearly defined in print that is only an assumption...

Reactions: 98G
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks