• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Gun Trucks to Carlisle

gunboy1656

You are a good troop fer helping them fellers....you need to follow them down to the Gathering and meet some other good troops!!:driver::grd:
I am trying to work out the logistics to do that. Right now I am unemployed and the only job I have right now is non paid (raising my boy). I don't think I can make it out for the whole thing, but I might be able to make it for a day.

I can't wait to see the trucks up close, I have only seen one gun truck in my life. And it was an M813 that was in Iraq.Those guys would not let me get real close to inspect it.

Guntrucker

Logistics planning for Carlisle

Driver,

I talked with Dan, and let him know I can, give them a place to stay on the way out on Monday.
Can't wait to see them here.
Scott,
Which part of Carlisle Gathering logistics do you need help with most?
A. Transport to & from
B. Meals
C. A place to shower and shave? ( I know you've camped in worse places.)
D. All the above?

Don't have to answer here, just wanted to sort things out.
we'll talk again in the next 36 hours or so.
Dan

gunboy1656

Dan,

It's more like "E", all the above plus finding a sitter for my boy. Like I said I have a birthday coming up this Saturday, so I may have a little money for meals. The rest would still be difficult. Think I still have a tent here somewhere.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Gunboy...I can't get you to the Gathering...or back...but I will guarantee that if you can get there you won't go hungry....Wreckerman gave me his recipe for armored possum and SCS-G4 posted the chiliemac formula!!

Of course you may wake up with a headache if you drink the "CAMO Water"!!! :grd:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Got an email from Calvin and a follow up from Barbara today:

As fate would have it, Calvin's Sister is having serious medical issues and he won't make it. That certainly takes the wind outta my sail!!!
Calvin was the only crewmember coming from PROUD and we sure wanted him to see her.

The CAMO crew has put so much into this truck I hate to abort the mission...waiting to see what the crew thinks.

Srjeeper

PB, sorry to hear of this latest glitch.

I hope you know that we are all looking forward to seeing Proud', but just as many of us are looking forward to spending time with PB and the CAMO crew.

We're with you whatever you decide, but know you'll all be missed :!:

Last edited:

jatonka

Papa Bear, I sure hope you can make it, I lost 1/2 of my gun crew yesterday, but I'm still coming down. I sure hope you make it. I took Aces & Eights down the pike to our Rod and Gun club annual car show/pig roast today and she ran good, got all the guns up and everybody really liked checking it out. They wanted to know if I came to shoot. JT

Driver523

Thats great PB---I'm looking forward to seeing that camo crew and Proud again---Sorry to hear about Calvins sister, he was worried about her when we went to gray TN in June---Here's hopeing for the best-------Driver

Recht71

Wild Thing guntruck and trucks will be leaving monday at 1pm heading south on indiana interstate 69,to state road 33 south on to inter state 70 ohio, stopping some where for the night , connecting to 76 on into Carlisle.Will be crusing at 60 mph honk if you see us . We will arrive Carlisle tuesday after noon. Till Later Randy

Attachments

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Dang Randy...I feel like moving out Monday to!!! Unfortunately...we can't, but we will burn up some asphault Wednesday evening headed north!!

Might just dump a couple of bottles of "Crown" in the tank of the ole KW to give her a little extra "spunk":lol:

Attachments

Driver523

These guys are hittin the roads, lets see what kind of spotters we have out there---let us know if you see any trucks headin to the Gathering----Driver

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
These guys are hittin the roads, lets see what kind of spotters we have out there---let us know if you see any trucks headin to the Gathering----Driver

Better look close, hard and fast for the Proud when we leave Wednesday!!!
She will be advancing under the cover of darkness and will be North Bound and Hammer Down!!:driver::jumpin:

Driver523

Shutin this thing down an goin to bed--I'll be leaving at 5 in the morning-----weather or not yer heading to the Gathering stay safe an Happy Trails-----------Driver

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
I broke down and bought me a new car trailer today. So I will load up the M-2-4 on Wed nite and right after work on Thursday I will head to Carlisle. I will be there by 6pm, if not sooner. Someone needs to tell me where everyone is staying. Tomorrow is final PM on both trucks. Wed is load day and shake down the trailer with a load. Thurs is sneak out of work early and hit the road. Friday is Gun truck Day... It should be a National Holiday...

Last edited:

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
ATD:
The ORP address is 1255 Harrisburg Pike...Carlisle, PA. 17013-1621...that's the Hotel where most folks are staying and the rear area display / jumpoff point for the other missions.

Everyone should be closed back on that CP by 17-18:00 hrs Thursday when you arrive.:driver:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks