• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Guys I really made a boo-boo -warning carnage!

jrou111

Oh and another thing :evil:

I was keeping an eye on some rednecks passing by, when I FELL OFF THE BUMPER! Onto the stump and then rolled down the hill. About 5ft total. I'm all banged and scratched up.

pevrs114

I'm trying to visualize it... did the truck slide backwards into the tree, striking just rear of the cab, and then tearing everything up, finally resting on the bumper?

Either way, what a sickening feeling. Hope you get it out OK. Good luck!

FreightTrain

Banned
Looks like the tree hit the wheel first,proceeded rearward straightening out the fender,crushing the tool box,and hit the bed,then he tried to back out.Tree made it round the wheel and the truck fell over so the tree got behind the bumper where it broke the drag link and trying to back up he straightned the bumper out and stopped.How close am I?......not like....I am .....speaking through personal experiances or anything....nah never......

militarytrux

Not to add insult to injury but take a look at the drag link, I did'nt think they were that cheesy, looks weak.

Sorry about your truck : (

SR71BLACKBIRD

That tree has got to go!! If the bumper wasnt 4 feet from the fender that may not have happened. Maybe there is a way to close off thet vonerable spot between the two. Sorry to see the old girl take a hit like that.

jrou111

That tree has got to go!! If the bumper wasnt 4 feet from the fender that may not have happened. Maybe there is a way to close off thet vonerable spot between the two. Sorry to see the old girl take a hit like that.

Yeah, if I had taken the wo/w truck I would have had a better chance. :roll:

Freighttrain, you are pretty much correct.

And yes, that steel is pretty weak on the drag link. Lowest bidder, remember :wink:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have found out (and it looks like you have too) that the stock tires do ok going in mud but have almost no side traction. Both my M35A2C and my M715 will slide sideways like crazy if you get on even a small side slope and it is the least bit wet.

Sorry to hear about your truck :cry:.

Jakob

I have found out (and it looks like you have too) that the stock tires do ok going in mud but have almost no side traction. Both my M35A2C and my M715 will slide sideways like crazy if you get on even a small side slope and it is the least bit wet.

Sorry to hear about your truck :cry:.
Sliding sideways is the worst when off-roading. It's unpredictable and no way to control it once it happens.

Good luck in your recovery. It's one thing being stuck on private land. It's a completely different ball game to be stuck on public land.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good luck, hope you get it home with no other mishaps! The fender is.....interesting. I think i'd hang the damaged parts on the garage wall. They'll make great conversation pieces and you'll have great stories to tell when you and your buds are out there suckin up your favorite beverage.

steelandcanvas

One of those days you should have stayed in bed. You'll look back in a couple of months and laugh. Do as Will suggested, hang the parts in the shop, something to start some real good bench racing stories! Thanks for the photos!