• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Seems like a lot of guys are leaning towards June. Personally, I like it cool and wet, but that's why I asked for opinions. :wink: MD308, I'm not sure how June is any farther away from May than April :p

What about June 10-14?

Stan

I hope to be there whenever it is. However, those April temps didn't thrill me. Early to mid June has been nice the last 2 years. Pic a date and let me know what I can do to help.

The advantage of the June dates re: Aberdeen is that everyone can bring all the goodies they bought at that show to play with. And/or they're not worried about making final prep for the show, they can bring leftovers that didn't sell, they used the Aberdeen show to make final prep for the rally and get just the piece they needed, final plans for food (Cabell) can be made in person, etc. :-D

I, personally, would prefer the June dates as I may have a second week of vacation by then. But I cannot commit to making it to the event. A lot of other changes going on right now.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The advantage of the June dates re: Aberdeen is that everyone can bring all the goodies they bought at that show to play with. And/or they're not worried about making final prep for the show, they can bring leftovers that didn't sell, they used the Aberdeen show to make final prep for the rally and get just the piece they needed, final plans for food (Cabell) can be made in person, etc. :-D
Good points, Brian. Plus, we can hype it up everyone in MD and get them so darn excited about Haspin that they have to come to that too!

Stonepicker1

June is good for me. It will be my first rally. I don't mine driving my MV from South Florida. I made the trip to Michigan two years ago pulling a trailer. When is the rally in Florida(i'm a newbe)???
I'm going to Iraq in July 09 for a year.:cry:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Florida rally is in Feb. A quick search should bring up the info. If you hit that and Haspin, you will have hit some of the best rallys possible. IMHO

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Any other comments on the June 10-14 date? It seems like that is going to work well for quite a few folks. I would like to be able to set it in stone so people can start planning their vacation days, etc... Please let me know if there are any other conflicts. Thanks!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Works for me. I will be driving the deuce this time. And Amy (dhwife) will appreciate that no jeep will be tagging along this time.

boomer

Update-
O.K., I take it that the haspin event is that which is in Laurel, In. If so, then it's definatly in the midwest. June or July should be good. August (last two weeks- Don't forget about the mvpa convention) should be good too.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Works for me. I will be driving the deuce this time. And Amy (dhwife) will appreciate that no jeep will be tagging along this time.
If all goes well, we will be bringing our M38A1, better hope it doesn't rain!:wink: