• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

oilcan

Maybe we should add a parking-lot-donut-contest to the list of events. The trophy will be a... Oh, nevermind.

I'm already looking forward to the trip. This thread reminded me to get my camping gear reorganized and repacked after the GA rally. (I couldn't find anything while I was there!)

19kilo

So from 7 days to 5 days? (was about 7 days in April). Either way, I hope to be able to come, not sure yet due to lots going on. Either way, I'll try to attend. If things work out, I might be able to convoy from MO.. (Long haul I know).

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
sounds good to me r we gonna have a sled for some truck pullsif need be i can check on them
I'm all for it if there is enough interest. Anyone know if sled pulls have been done as Haspin before? If not sled pulls, then I'm sure we could arrange to do some mud drags. Anyone have a HEMTT water tanker that we can take to the river to make a mud bog in case we don't have rain? :)

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
So from 7 days to 5 days? (was about 7 days in April). Either way, I hope to be able to come, not sure yet due to lots going on. Either way, I'll try to attend. If things work out, I might be able to convoy from MO.. (Long haul I know).
I would consider having it longer if people were interested. I don't know that I will be able to do a whole week. I was thinking about driving in on Wednesday and heading out on Sunday.

Any vendor interest out there in SS land?

oilcan

Anyone have a HEMTT water tanker that we can take to the river to make a mud bog in case we don't have rain? :)

I'm the last guy to discourage anyone from bringing a tanker of any kind, but there's a big machine already on site that they use to soak down the parking areas for dust control. Also, there's a pond in the camp site, so water access isn't a problem. Maybe if the tractor operator were introduced to our friends, Washington or Lincoln :wink:, he'd be willing to hydrate an area for us.

Gimp, I think the rally was officially set for thursday to sunday, but a few of us showed up early.

oilcan

S'pose kwai will come up and drive his M49 out there? Ahh, there's still some residual diesel in the tank, and it'd be bad juju to pump it out on the ground.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Nice! Last time we were there I saw a dozer behind the barn. Maybe the owner would scoop out a pit for us and fill it with H2O :-D How long is a regulation pit? I can't wait to run the 925A2 through it. I better get my CTIS working so I can set the tires to 10 psi on SAND mode :twisted:

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Like an actual pit for mud racing? I know there were lots of various sized mud pits there last time I was there, but not any that were long enough where you could actually do a race. I would like to do something semi-formal with different classes and prizes for the class winners.

oilcan

Like an actual pit for mud racing? I know there were lots of various sized mud pits there last time I was there, but not any that were long enough where you could actually do a race. I would like to do something semi-formal with different classes and prizes for the class winners.

There are two holes side-by-side, but one is a little deeper and longer than the other. Both have pretty hard bottoms. Then there's another big sloppy mess not too far away that's just full of goo. Mama bird made it through that one on the ATV, but stretch's flattie sank pretty quick. Then ole' Hank Hill tried it in a deuce... We still haven't found him!

oilcan

Good to hear from ya' Hank! I see you finally fixed your avatar.

You have a hat packed for this year?

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, let's seen now. I have to work on the Miss Ohio program the 17th thru 20th of June so I should be able to make Haspin the week before.

Woohoo!!

Last year they were the same time and yes, I do have my priorities straight. 26 beautiful young women on stage or you guys.........

I should have kipman's old truck there.

:)