• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

oilcan

I don't know how a pinz would do on a towbar. If you're nervous about it you could either use an equipment trailer, or stick a reciever hitch on your 109 and pull a properly sized car trailer. The car trailer option would surely be lighter and might slow you down a little less on the hills. Plus you'd have brakes on at least one of the trailer axles... Maybe both.

If you do go with the towbar option, you might be able to borrow one of mine.

B3.3T

I would not tow a Pinz that far. I suggest renting/borrowing a trailer for it. The M109 can certainly handle it with no problem.

oilcan

The first thing I would do is look for some manuals or a knowledgable person that'll tell you if a pinz can even be flat towed. It might be as smple as putting the t-case in neutral and taking off, or you might need to pull the drive shafts and drag link, and have a voodoo witch doctor peform a lengthy ceremony in the parking lot of a KFC.

A reciever hitch off a 73-87 fullsize chevy pickup fits the deuce framerails nicely.

wilson1010

Should I post maps for Haspin?

Directions to Haspin

Take I-74 to the Brookville US52 Exit. Goes East on 52 through Brookvile and Metamora and just a mile or two west of Metamora turn north on Indiana 121. 5 miles to Laurel, turn right in the middle of town, go across the bridge and the entrance to Haspin is on the right. Up the hill, pay the money and straight ahead.
See map and photos.

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Metamora,+IN,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=title

http://www.google.com/maps?q=Laurel,+IN,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image
The photo is how you go through Laurel. That lake on the right side is in the middle of Haspin.

Here's where you turn off US52 onto 121:

Last edited:

wilson1010

A mog owner in Cincy huh!? Welcome to the forums.
Yea, and when I figure out how to put up a photo, I'll post one.

Hehe. and thanks for the heads up in your sig, I'll read those instructions before jumping out of the plane. In my defense, I wanted to put the maps up, but breakfast was calling. And, I don't miss breakfast.

Speaking of which, Haspin has a breakfast that is cheap and better than an MRE in case anyone is interested.

wilson1010

Why sure I am Oilcan. Nice to see you again. We were discussing this magnificent event over there on Jeep Forum. I'm rounding up all my Jeep guys and a couple of Mogs to come over to Haspin and be witness to the military invasion.

tm america

june 10-14 works for me. i'll be there :-Dit's like 211 miles for me. i cant wait if theres anyone else riding down from nw indiana we could convoy down together

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks