• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

oilcan

Why sure I am Oilcan. Nice to see you again. We were discussing this magnificent event over there on Jeep Forum. I'm rounding up all my Jeep guys and a couple of Mogs to come over to Haspin and be witness to the military invasion.

It's usually quite a sight for those that aren't around this stuff all the time, but this year should be pretty spectacularrrrrr.

I say bring all the mogs you can round up. And the jeeps will make nice wheel chocks! :wink: I just wish I could have the flattie ready in time. (Not gonna happen.)

Oldgrunt

Has anyone been keeping track of how many people are going to show up, and has anyone talked to the folks over a Haspin about reserving us a spot ?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah, It's getting close enough, someone should give Pete a call. He said we were very welcome there and he would do what he could to accommodate us.:wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I talked to Cabell and we're going to try and convoy in at least part of the way from the east. Not sure if Chris S. wants to do the same, but the offer is open to anyone who wants to convoy in. I'm heading westbound all day Wednesday before the rally.

Oldgrunt

It sound like the Ohio guys are talking about meeting up on Thursday at the truck stop at route 70 and 42, that way if anyone needs parts they would be able to go to Rogers wright down the street and get some. Any suggestions on a time? 9:00am maybe

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am hoping to go out on Wednesday and come back on Friday. I can't stay the whole time and some of my plans changed with the Boss about 15 minutes ago.

:)

Oldgrunt

Has anyone given any thought to event tee shirts. I thought we talked about it early on, but maybe not. If its O.K. to proceed, we could start getting some ideas for the design. I know of a silk screen guy here close that owes me a favor. If I get some printed up how many of you guys and gals would want one. I will try to get a cost per shirt, and pass that onto everyone, no extra charge.

Brett

wilson1010

Being just a spectator, I'm reluctant to offer opinions here, but I think if you guys would decide where you want to camp, Pete might reserve it for you by taping it off. Locating your camp site on Google Earth map would also help if someone has to call him. You could also send out a scout to rope it off early in the week. There are a lot of folks who know Pete better than I do but I'd be happy to call him.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We camped around the Pavilion, last year. Pete did offer to "hold" the area for us, If we requested it.

oilcan

I used to get bummed when t shirts weren't available. Right now I'm just happy to get a chance to wheel the big iron. If someone were to take the initiative and have some nice shirts printed up, I'd likely be on board.

When we show up on wednesday, the place is pretty dead. All we'll have to do is stake out the area we want and it's ours. The manager likes to see us every year, and the security guy (can't remember his name) likes to stop by to goof around with us, too.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks