• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Haspin 2009: SS 10th Anniversary Rally June 10-14

Westech

CPL
Well if you have not heard from the SS grape vine my leave was approved! I took a couple bribes (no joke) but I got it. The wife, dog and I will be arriving in the late afternoon Wednesday. We will have the M1009.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Kip, he PMd me and asked if he could bring a civy truck!
Good to finally meet you guys in person Sat at Findlay and I would have said bye if it weren't for the pouring rain and everyone scrambling to get out of it.... :-(

I mentioned to stretch the possible reason for taking a civy truck to Haspin. I may not be able to drive either of the Deuces because of my shoulder. I am pretty sure that I ripped the right rotator cuff during a fall 3 weeks ago.

Well, after leaving Findlay it got worse. I'll be spending tomorrow pleading for quick surgery.

I still plan on being at Haspin even if I can't drive an MV. I can load a generator (5500watt gas) in the back of the 4x4 to bring if you'll need it on Wednesday. (Not by hand...)

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, just over 3-1/2 weeks to go! I can't believe it's almost here!

Sounds like this year is going to be pretty huge, by the number who have showed interest. Record number of vehicles and Steel Soldiers there, we might as well rent out the whole park - but then the fun of seeing other ATVers gawking at us would be lost, and we can't have that!

tm america

i cant wait :-Dnow it's coming up to quick i dont think i'll be able to have the expandable camper ready but i'll be trying like crazy .how are the camping grounds there what hook ups do they have electric:?:sewer:?:water:?:just so i know what i need to have ready .cuz if i cant get the expandable done i'm gonna set up my m105 to sleep in.ohh ya did anyone get the shirts made

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
HAHA! Hookups! No way dude, you pay to get in and use a community restroom/shower.

It was good meeting you to SWB.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
HAHA! Hookups! No way dude, you pay to get in and use a community restroom/shower.

It was good meeting you to SWB.

Thanks to you and Dennis for looking for (and finding) shackles for my truck.

$5 is a lot better than the guy selling a set for$75. (But his sure were painted pretty.)

oilcan

Well crud. It looks like like I'm down to one truck ( XM818 ) and a trailer (M200A1/MT6950TRC). And I seem to have lost contact with everyone that was supposed to go with me.

There's still time to get all my ducks in a row, though.

ccequipment

Last weekend we picked out a M35A2 to take to haspin, so we took it on a little test run in the woods. Of course like most of my trips to the woods turn out we had to walk back. I have about 15 winch trucks sitting here on the place and we took one of my future parts trucks out, it has a knock in the motor and missing the doors for my crew cab project, but other than that its cherry. So on the final creek crossing we got stuck, so try to grab the winch, but of course the shear pin was broke. So we had to walk home, because I had none with me. Put a new pin in it and winched it right out. So I got her broke in and ready to go as long as the motor stays together, might be interesing to see how it will last, I think it will be fine. I am going to haul it over on a trailer. I hate to bring a nice truck, because it seems like everytime I go to Haspin in a jeep or sandrail it tends to end up on its side or something like that for some reason :-D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks