• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Have you named you truck?

Tahoe

Not exactly.

A super collider is a high energy particle accelerator.

I kind of bastardized the phrase.

My definition of super collider is heavy metal accelerator (about 13,000 lbs worth of metal).

Eventually it gets accelerated to highway speed where it's potential energy might even split atoms - or at least a Prius or Hippy bus.

Tahoe

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not exactly.

A super collider is a high energy particle accelerator.

I kind of bastardized the phrase.

My definition of super collider is heavy metal accelerator (about 13,000 lbs worth of metal).

Eventually it gets accelerated to highway speed where it's potential energy might even split atoms - or at least a Prius or Hippy bus.

Tahoe
Hehehe....

I understood your play on words with your initial post :-D

I just couldn't resist "taking it to the next level".

I DO like your choice :grd:

ecschreier

I just call mine Sarge. I was gonna call it Martha. The name sounded kinda slow and clumsy. My old LandCrusier was nicknamed 'Elsie' of course.. but as one friend pointed out .. Do not give THAT truck a girls name.

Here's Sarge BTW

Attachments

rednckii

i calll mine "klunkerella" when i first got it didnt have the door seals so goin down the road they would klunk around drowning out the motor even guys at work scared to ride in it thought they were going to fall out names stuck since then

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:idea::idea::idea: Thanks to this and another thread giving me "food for thought", I think a worthy name for our next truck - particularly if it's a 5-Ton or larger - might be:

TESTOSTERONE

or maybe:

TESTOSTERONI

or possibly:

TESTOSTERONUS

Hmmm...
I'll have to run this by my "Soldier B" of course :D

azwarpig

WARPIG is the name. 1970 m35a2 bobbed with freightliner airride and power steering. I (My good friend TJ was the master mind) did the airride and power steering before xtreme4x4.

i dont feel so bad now after reading some crazy names.My m1008 as yall know is painted red Courtesy of the USDA forrestry service Down in SC with that being said my Mom Named my truck for me SHe dubbed my 1 ton Cucv m1008 Clifford as in the big red dog at first wasnt reall keen on it but its kinda grew on me hahahahahah Gotta love MOM [thumbzup]

Attachments

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
i dont feel so bad now after reading some crazy names.My m1008 as yall know is painted red Courtesy of the USDA forrestry service Down in SC with that being said my Mom Named my truck for me SHe dubbed my 1 ton Cucv m1008 Clifford as in the big red dog at first wasnt reall keen on it but its kinda grew on me hahahahahah
Clifford IS a good name for a "big red truck" :!: Looks like a good one, too :-D

Gotta love MOM [thumbzup]
You're absolutely CORRECT.... EVERYBODY loves MOM......

Attachments

Last edited:

br44

I named mine Big Brother

1st because it was manufactured 1984
2nd because my big brother Picked it up from nellis for me :driver:

Clifford IS a good name for a "big red truck" :!: Looks like a good one, too :-D

You're absolutely CORRECT.... EVERYBODY loves MOM......

No doubt i do love my mom as for M1008 Aka Clifford it has defintely come along way since that pic and still a work in progress i love it its one of the better Cucv Bodys i have seen i got lucky its an old air force m1008 so the body aint beat to bad the cab is awesome except for the holes for the light bar the usda had on it minor though im workin on fixin that Thanks again God bless our military and the Old mvs that all of us are lucky to own :]

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks