• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheels for Your Deuce are READY TO ROLL!

KsM715

I havent flipped mine yet. and Im not going to on the M818, I prefer the look of the stock hub with the HEMTT wheels. Now when I get the deuce and bob it and put the modified wheels I will flip the hubs and probably replace seals and that stuff since it will be torn down that far anyways.

If you do a search for flipped hubs Im confident you will find all the info you need and more.

donkdonk

That is a cool truck but I was talking about a BLACK truck like my chevy dulley Base Coat Clear Coat BLACK:-D My gut is screaming NO NO NO Don't do it but I don't know if I can keep myself from makeing this mistake at least once. That is unless someone has a photo of some other dummy that has tried it and I can see for myself that it is a huge mistake.
It is your truck so you can do as you please, but I just want to let you know that it is VERY hard to make a deuce look good with a base/clear paint job. Brand new the trucks were never prepped for that type of paint; things like body seams and places where there are tack welds are all over the truck, you just don't see them because of the flat paint. Most trucks that I have seen that are shiny look bad IMO because it's hard not to focus on the wavy body lines.

On top of that you have 3-8 layers of paint to either smooth out or sandblast off. I have painted 10 or so trucks and to just make one look good with flat paint takes over 100 hours for body work, prep, and paint. If you want a nice gloss finish that looks good, at least triple that.

I once painted a truck 24087 which is a semi-gloss and it amazed me how much more noticeable scratches and imperfections were.

bambambam22

That is kind of what I was thinking but I did not factor in 300 hours but now that I look at the truck I can see it. It is sonething that I want to do but I really know better and would probably be very very unhappy with the way it would look in the end. My expitations would far exceed the final product. Maybe some day I will win the lottery and can afford to do one ( Note to self ; buy a lottery ticket some time in your life ) I can not afford to gamble, I do to many other stupid things like buy way to many green trucks no lottery ticket money left over. And thanks for your openion I was asking for it.

Yohan

Has anyone used these on a non-bobbed deuce with, say, 42" tires? If so, could a pic be posted... please?

conductorx

I have a question perhaps you gentlemen can clarify for me. On the TV-Show Extreme 4X4 the host has implied a number of times that bead lock wheels are illegal to use on the street. Any idea if this is true or why it would be a problem?

donkdonk, I think your wheels look awesome and I like the price.

Gary

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why yes, it is.
Frodobaggins, I beenmeaning to ask, one cat to another, why is your avatar kitteh so devlish-looking? I mean, I have known some really mean kittehs in my nine lives, but that one is scary! Is Relative of Basement cat? lol(cat) Maybe was owned by a little girl from a '40's jam ad?

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

I have a question perhaps you gentlemen can clarify for me. On the TV-Show Extreme 4X4 the host has implied a number of times that bead lock wheels are illegal to use on the street. Any idea if this is true or why it would be a problem?

donkdonk, I think your wheels look awesome and I like the price.

Gary

Most beadlock wheels are not DOT approved. Neither are donkdonk's wheels but that wouldnt stop me from running them.

powerhouseduece

Thanks, I am still thinking it needs something...maybe a tiger stripe or two...what do you think?

Thumbs up to Matt T. for building the truck. I am more of the detail and style guy. David

I don't know how I missed this but thank you!!! It is a very strong truck to start with!

It was my brothers idea (Hedelta) for the black grill and black stack. I just knew it had to have black wheels!

bambambam22

I guess I am bumb and blind but I am going to have to ask. Where are the photos of this truck everyone keeps talking about I can not find it and I have been through every post in this thread and all I see is photos of wheels. I would very much like to see this truck! Thank you,
Rick

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce

We have been talking about a couple of trucks, the flamed & bobbed truck is Donkdonk's and he built it. He also builds the HEMITT wheels for use on deuces. My truck is below which I bought off of Matt T. And which I have done quite a bit of detail work to and added the wheels and tires. The singled out Deuce 6X6 is Casey's.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks