• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

HEMTT Wheels for Your Deuce are READY TO ROLL!

KsM715

I havent flipped mine yet. and Im not going to on the M818, I prefer the look of the stock hub with the HEMTT wheels. Now when I get the deuce and bob it and put the modified wheels I will flip the hubs and probably replace seals and that stuff since it will be torn down that far anyways.

If you do a search for flipped hubs Im confident you will find all the info you need and more.

donkdonk

That is a cool truck but I was talking about a BLACK truck like my chevy dulley Base Coat Clear Coat BLACK:-D My gut is screaming NO NO NO Don't do it but I don't know if I can keep myself from makeing this mistake at least once. That is unless someone has a photo of some other dummy that has tried it and I can see for myself that it is a huge mistake.
It is your truck so you can do as you please, but I just want to let you know that it is VERY hard to make a deuce look good with a base/clear paint job. Brand new the trucks were never prepped for that type of paint; things like body seams and places where there are tack welds are all over the truck, you just don't see them because of the flat paint. Most trucks that I have seen that are shiny look bad IMO because it's hard not to focus on the wavy body lines.

On top of that you have 3-8 layers of paint to either smooth out or sandblast off. I have painted 10 or so trucks and to just make one look good with flat paint takes over 100 hours for body work, prep, and paint. If you want a nice gloss finish that looks good, at least triple that.

I once painted a truck 24087 which is a semi-gloss and it amazed me how much more noticeable scratches and imperfections were.

bambambam22

That is kind of what I was thinking but I did not factor in 300 hours but now that I look at the truck I can see it. It is sonething that I want to do but I really know better and would probably be very very unhappy with the way it would look in the end. My expitations would far exceed the final product. Maybe some day I will win the lottery and can afford to do one ( Note to self ; buy a lottery ticket some time in your life ) I can not afford to gamble, I do to many other stupid things like buy way to many green trucks no lottery ticket money left over. And thanks for your openion I was asking for it.

Yohan

Has anyone used these on a non-bobbed deuce with, say, 42" tires? If so, could a pic be posted... please?

conductorx

I have a question perhaps you gentlemen can clarify for me. On the TV-Show Extreme 4X4 the host has implied a number of times that bead lock wheels are illegal to use on the street. Any idea if this is true or why it would be a problem?

donkdonk, I think your wheels look awesome and I like the price.

Gary

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Why yes, it is.
Frodobaggins, I beenmeaning to ask, one cat to another, why is your avatar kitteh so devlish-looking? I mean, I have known some really mean kittehs in my nine lives, but that one is scary! Is Relative of Basement cat? lol(cat) Maybe was owned by a little girl from a '40's jam ad?

Attachments

Last edited:

KsM715

I have a question perhaps you gentlemen can clarify for me. On the TV-Show Extreme 4X4 the host has implied a number of times that bead lock wheels are illegal to use on the street. Any idea if this is true or why it would be a problem?

donkdonk, I think your wheels look awesome and I like the price.

Gary

Most beadlock wheels are not DOT approved. Neither are donkdonk's wheels but that wouldnt stop me from running them.

powerhouseduece

Thanks, I am still thinking it needs something...maybe a tiger stripe or two...what do you think?

Thumbs up to Matt T. for building the truck. I am more of the detail and style guy. David

I don't know how I missed this but thank you!!! It is a very strong truck to start with!

It was my brothers idea (Hedelta) for the black grill and black stack. I just knew it had to have black wheels!

bambambam22

I guess I am bumb and blind but I am going to have to ask. Where are the photos of this truck everyone keeps talking about I can not find it and I have been through every post in this thread and all I see is photos of wheels. I would very much like to see this truck! Thank you,
Rick

82ABNMP

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Deuce

We have been talking about a couple of trucks, the flamed & bobbed truck is Donkdonk's and he built it. He also builds the HEMITT wheels for use on deuces. My truck is below which I bought off of Matt T. And which I have done quite a bit of detail work to and added the wheels and tires. The singled out Deuce 6X6 is Casey's.

Attachments