• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here I go again new M1009

CPAPPY

Here DSC_0224.jpgDSC_0223.jpgDSC_0222.jpgDSC_0221.jpgDSC_0220.jpgare some things I did today. Primed inside and out 2 coats inside and 3 coats out side . also primed the tailgate with 2 coats . And was able to sand fenders and doors and all of the truck today. Also worked on my daughter Grandam GT I went to move her car this morning to get ready to prime and tried to rollup her window and the window fell down both clips are broken. But anyways here are a couple of pics.

CPAPPY

Here are some more pictures, just put 2 coats on inside doors and jams also inside fenders . One coat of paint to the interior and exterior of truck. Primed and sanded shell Topper.DSC_0225.jpgDSC_0226.jpgDSC_0227.jpgDSC_0228.jpgDSC_0229.jpgDSC_0230.jpgDSC_0231.jpgDSC_0232.jpgDSC_0234.jpgDSC_0235.jpg

Lild

View attachment 450448View attachment 450449View attachment 450450View attachment 450451View attachment 450452View attachment 450453View attachment 450454View attachment 450455View attachment 450456View attachment 450457 Good evening SteelSoldiers members, I have some more picture . I was able to prime the doors and the fenders with 2 coats of 2k primer and plan on sanding on Sunday and try to get them painted with one coat of green 2 coats on door hinge area, fenders sand and get a coat on of the green. Also in the morning I will get 2 coats of 2k primer on the rest of the truck. Today I cleaned and pressure washed the truck exterior and pressure washer inside and out and then got 2 coats of epoxy primer on.
a tip, after you get the epoxy primer on, wait about an hr then put your primer on. this is called a wet on wet process. for future reference.

CPAPPY

Hello Lild , Yes I am aware about when I can apply the primer I just ran out of time . You can apply it 30 mins after the last coat of epoxy primer and it must be recoated within 72 hr. otherwise it must be scuffed up.

CPAPPY

Here are some more pictures . Finished cleaning up engine compartment today, and painted one more coat of green on backside of tailgate and also 2 coats of paint on hood and topper inside and out.DSC_0261.jpgDSC_0260.jpgDSC_0259.jpgDSC_0257.jpgDSC_0256.jpgDSC_0254.jpgDSC_0253.jpgDSC_0251.jpgDSC_0246.jpgDSC_0242.jpg

CPAPPY

Hello Buzz, yes I am going with black interior. Having seconds thought on painting it Camo I am not sure witch one will sell better . I have one that is just green and I kinda like it any thoughts Buzz or members. I guess I could always camo it later if someone wanted a camo paint job . I guess we will see later..

Buzz

I like both the green and the camo. The camo is a pain in the butt in my opinion, lol. Whatever you decide I know it will be cool.

CPAPPY

Hello Buzz, RUNS What paint did you use, are the runs in the green or on the black and brown . I have painted some of them camo and yes it is a pain, I have never painted a M1009 before . I still don't know whether to paint it green or Camo. We shall see soon ..

Buzz

CPAPPY, The runs may be in all colors, I used the sw carc allthree colors, that's what happens when its hot and sweat gets in your eyes, after staring at the paint for a while in the sun it seems like it gets hard for me to see. I am colorblind so it was challenging. I was trying to get paint on before winter and me and my son put rocker panels on both sides. The paint that was on it was wearing real thin.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks