• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Here we go long distance deuce recovery

reb87

dang I live right close to york ne, if youre still here I have a nice shop and tools 17miles north of York. Ross402-527-5212

usmc deuce cpl

Damn i wish i logged in later this morning, alls well though. The truck is running well and doing good on milage. We made it to Cheyanne tonight. will be starting out early tomorrow. It is time to see how it will do in the hills. First of the good pulls Will be over Sherman pass, I think.
We found an Awsome MV museum in Nebraska MM 237 I80. Don't remember the city name right now. Sure someonw will chime in thou. I have pics of most vehicles. I will try to get pics up of trip and museum on tuesday.
Thanks for the support. Post more tomorrow. Dave

usmc deuce cpl

Here I am! sorry guys i stayed in the one hotel in pocatello that didn't have in room internet, I think. My but was tired, I mean I was tired. I'll tell ya what this truck pulls good. I think it's been turned up. I have been takinjg it easy on the truck just incase, I downshifted and 2/3 throttle to keep from building too much turbo heat. Been a long time since i had to do that. First truck i owned (I know glutton for punishment, Incase you hadn't figured that out yet) had a big cam 4 400 and you had to do that.
Alls well made some miles today, but got numb, dumb. take your pick. Am in Prosser, Wa. so under 200 miles left. Thanks for the support. And I will try to post pics on tues or wed. I will also probably start another thread on the museum with pics.
Talk to ya tomorrow guys. Thanks Dave and Doug.

wsucougarx

Holy smokes you're almost there! Outstanding! Glad to hear everything is going well for you. Did you encouter much snow? Any recommendations for a long recovery such as yours?

Wild Horse Hans

You are my new hero man! I have done some long distance rides on horseback and was sore as can be, but long distance in a deuce is a whole different thing. A horse is way more comfortable than a deuce.:-D
All the best wishes for the last 200 miles.

usmc deuce cpl

sorry guys I came down with the flu thats going around on sunday night on the way home. dad drove the rest of the way home on monday morn. i went to my appointment at 4 and to home and bed, havn't moved much since. this flu bug is really nasty this year.
I tried to download pics off of the camera but i don't have the software for the computer i have. I have other ways to get pics off cam, will try to get tomorrow or saturday.

wsucougarx

Gosh, so how many miles total in the deuce or approximate? Almost did a similiar type of transcontinental recovery, but didn't win the FT Riley M109A3 I was eyeballing. Oh well, no hurry. Just need to keep my eyes open

MWMULES

Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
What was the total in days, food, fuel, rooms and repairs? I am planning a trip from Drum down to the midwest and was trying to get a ballpark in costs. Hope you are on the mend.

usmc deuce cpl

I spent 2 half days working on truck to try to get the transfer case leak fixed. I left tuesday late morning and arrived home on monday arround noon. 2500 miles at approx 400 mi a day. Rooms at double occupancy ranged 65 to 73 a night. Fuel milage was 8 mpg at 50 mph across the midwest.
I bought parts but didn't have to pay for any repairs.
Food was 1 sitdown meal a day and some munchies. sometimes we also had fastfood for 2nd meal. I spent 1500 for fuel for jeep to Al and deuce from Al to seattle towing or carying jeep.
I hope that answers some questions

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks