• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

high horsepower & extremely high torque transmissons?

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You definitely need to make sure you communicate this to your builders. That's going to add a whole different equation to the giant ball of wax!!! Weight is weight .... But your talking unsprung, rotating mass weight! You need to rethink those tires, there are a lot of awesome options out there...

Last edited:

Ibexe666

The reason i picked the tires is because of them being solid rubber 60in and super wide with tread depths of 7.6 in if you have any idea on other tires like that let me know :) and i am going to be doing most of the building unless i need help thats why im trying to get lists and stuff together

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

You've got two choices.... Get to the bottom, or float on top... The HP/TQ numbers your talking won't come close to floating a 30k rig, 12k of which are tires!
Your going to the bottom. Stay as light and keep the tire speed as fast as possible

M925A2 with dump hoist

Ibexe666

PHP:
I thought that but width of the overall vehicle come into play monster truck tires are usually 45" wide most im willing to go is 25" wide tires. The axles are going to be as shorted as much as possible to try and fit the tires as close to the width of the vehicle to prevent rubbing its gonna be lifed a fair bit

Jbulach

Steel Soldiers Supporter

OK, I would forget puncture proof, and go with some bad ass r2's, they will break any drivetrain you can throw at them with your engine #s

M925A2 with dump hoist

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks