• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Home at last: 94 M998A1

kojo0513

I didn't have a lot of time tonight, so I needed a quick project. I had picked up a couple of the 6TL adapters for my Redtops and some battery terminal covers. This seemed like a good one to get done as I want to start installing my 12v equipment.
What do you mean by this seemed like a good one to get done? I plan on installing some 12V equipment this next month also.

What do you mean by this seemed like a good one to get done? I plan on installing some 12V equipment this next month also.
Oh, I just meant that the adapter trays and terminal covers had been tasks that I had wanted done before I started installing my 12v stuff. The batteries were literally the very first things that I did when it arrived to me. It was dead on pickup and I already had the redtops ready when it arrived. But I had no trays as they're a bit hard to find if you don't know where to look (here).

KansasBobcat suggested the terminal covers and I found it to be a good idea that I had overlooked.

Tomorrow night I plan on running the additional ground harness. Once that is done, installing the 12v converter and fuse box is next.

kojo0513

Oh, I just meant that the adapter trays and terminal covers had been tasks that I had wanted done before I started installing my 12v stuff. The batteries were literally the very first things that I did when it arrived to me. It was dead on pickup and I already had the redtops ready when it arrived. But I had no trays as they're a bit hard to find if you don't know where to look (here).

Someone suggested the terminal covers and I found it to be a good idea that I had overlooked.

Tomorrow night I plan on running the additional ground harness. Once that is done, installing the 12v converter and fuse box is next.
Ah gotcha!!!

Mine came alive and well. I also plan on the red tops when/if that time comes.

Very interested in the 12V converter + fuse box install... Post pics if you can! That's one of the things I want to tackle

Ah gotcha!!!

Mine came alive and well. I also plan on the red tops when/if that time comes.

Very interested in the 12V converter + fuse box install... Post pics if you can! That's one of the things I want to tackle
Here's what I will be using. The fuse block is a Blue Sea 6 circuit. My plan is to install the inverter in the storage compartment next to the batteries and the fuse block will be installed on the back of my switch panel/12v power outs.

uploadfromtaptalk1444712335999.jpg

bob69302

Dr. May I ask what battery terminals you used and what covers you used? Do you have links? Truck looks KILLER!!
Thank you!

bob69302

Mine have the terminal over the top and two small screws and the main stud to connect the battery cable. They are a PITA to tighten! Thanks for the link!

Before and after:

uploadfromtaptalk1444877750105.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1444877812587.jpg

Install was a breeze and took about 10 minutes. Now I don't have to worry about my dad borrowing the HMMWV without permission

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All you need to do is splice a switch in between the hot lead on the start switch to a remote toggle of your choice and you don't need a keyed starter. You can put the switch anywhere, even make it keyed if you want.

kojo0513

My problem is that I want to do this conversion but don't want to permanently change the truck to do it
If you ever want to go back, you can just use that washer. Believe me, the piece of mind that your HMMWV is a little bit less likely to be stolen, is a good one.

mattrains

Great job so far, we're on the same track with our new hmmwv. Just a quick question. Since you're running the arctic kit would you want to sell the rear 4 man curtain that was on it in the pics.

Great job so far, we're on the same track with our new hmmwv. Just a quick question. Since you're running the arctic kit would you want to sell the rear 4 man curtain that was on it in the pics.
Possibly. I have not decided whether I am going to use the other top in warmer weather. I'll PM you if I decide to sell it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks