• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I post a classified ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElevenBravo

How do I post a classified ad? I cant find anything that jumps out at me and says "click here to post an ad" link or button... Maybe time for new glasses... ha ha.

Andrew

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad."

robert c neth

Banned
this site is nice ,ive been buying military parts for 40 years and never needed this site .if less than a hundred posts you probably wont get a response unless a lot of money is involved good luck.

LV2XLR8

"Classified Ads: These free ads are for the benefit of our membership. To encourage forum participation, and discourage people from joining just to post a free ad, a minimum of 100 posts will be required before a user can place an ad."

I completely understand why this rule applies but when someone first acquires a military vehicle and needs info and parts, craigslist and ebay dont cut it. I've also tried them all with little to no success. I did get lots of fantastic info here from all you awesome members and appreciate it all. I'm currently trying to find a set of tires (wont get into it because I dont want a spanking) and the ones I want are not listed here in classifieds so I wanted to post a WTB classified and can not. It's my only critisism of this site whatsoever. Maybe the number could be lowered in the future?

Scrounge41

I get the idea behind the 100 post threshold and I don't know if it could be separated out, but "want to buy" does seem like something a newb such as myself would benefit from, and would benefit those members who have stuff to sell. What would be the downside?

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe the number could be lowered in the future?
A lower number was the problem to begin with. We had a lot of people sign up and post "junk" in threads to get to 5 so they could have access to the classifieds and after they got their ad up they disappeared.

The classifieds are for the benefit of the site "users" i.e. folks who intend to use the site for more than just peddling their wares. I'm not saying you fit that description just telling you why the required number is such that it discourages "drop-ins."

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We all were newbe's at one time. If people would read posts, ask questions, or originate posts they would log 100 in no time and learn lots in the process. Work with it, don't fight it. :idea:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There's nothing wrong with discussing your interest in other tires. Post it on one of your (related)existing threads, and do not "word it" as an ad. It's that simple.

Motorcar

I get it and still don't have enough posts...but then again I learn more by keeping my mouth shut and listening to the vast amount of knowledge here. There are lots of sources for parts for those willing to do the research, the only thing I haven't stumbled across is a coil and plug for my flame heater, haven't been trying that hard yet either..;)

Last edited:

3dAngus

I get the idea behind the 100 post threshold and I don't know if it could be separated out, but "want to buy" does seem like something a newb such as myself would benefit from, and would benefit those members who have stuff to sell. What would be the downside?
No downside from my perspective. Just my opinion. I believe there is an admin issue in seperating the two due to some software restraints. The site is undergoing some vast improvements with some new software hosting all the classified, as well as all the forums. We should also get the tech manuals back up, and have a chat line as well.

Maybe they will be able to implement a fix after the new software is up and running where newbs can post WTB which, IMO, would be a win/win situation.

Hang in there....

ETBaals

I have not figured this out 100% either,
I have been a memember here for a few years, And i have posted items for sale.
But as of a few months ago I am also unable to post not only items for sale, but i cannot creat a new post for general info.
I agree this is a nice place with lots of good people and info, jsut not the easiest to navigate.
Since the site will not let me post or send a question to the moderators, con somebody look into why i cannot post anywhere, but as a responce?
Thanks
Ernie
Ernie

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ernie, I don't see any reason why you cant post a new thread.

What do you get when you try?

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks