• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I post a classified ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Folks, help us help you. If you know of these ads and they run on, members is MIA or you can't get a response from the poster, click on the "commit to buy" button. That will take the ad out of the current ads. You guys know what you see over and over, I don't. If someone fails to list a price, "commit to buy" and send him your address. When they ask for payment, advise there was no price in the ad, you assumed it was free. There are ways that you can self police the ads until the admins are unearthed and brought back to make the future changes.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok Kenny, I just "commited" a few adds listed by people that hadn't logged on the site in 8 months or more. If these people come out of the woodwork and start a big sh** storm wanting payment I'm going to send them to you. :)

jterry usaf

Im new to SS, 100 post seems a bit excessive. My opinion! I think that maybe the amount of time as a member should be taken into consiteration as well, not just the amount of post. John

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
:deadhorse: DID YOU CHECK THAT YOU READ THE RULES, :deadhorse:

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im new to SS, 100 post seems a bit excessive. My opinion! I think that maybe the amount of time as a member should be taken into consiteration as well, not just the amount of post. John

Great, I agree. Tell us what you think in about a year from now.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone think we should bump the post count requirement up one, for every comment posted? I bet we'd be around 1000.

Here's my advise. Stop wasting everyones time with this topic.2cents
and use spell-check

Ressoldier

New member of just a couple weeks. It does not take much to hit the post count. I have been reading thread after thread trying to educate myself on the trailer I bought and then threads on vehicles I am familiar with from my Military career. When you have a question or valid input simply post a reply and they add up quickly. Please do not post just to post, I have seen this on way to many other forums and feel the 100 post rule is a great one. :deadhorse: and the fat lady sings

ElevenBravo

I guess, I *could* post a bunch of pix and do a writeup on the many repairs Ive done on my truck, I can also post links to many of my youtube videos that I put up, all directly related to the repairs I did on my truck.

Mine is a silly-vilian model K5 Blazer with 6.2, theres not a terrible lot different between the two, mechanically... Head gaskets are head gaskets for the 6.2... Mostly the CUCV has a 24/12 volt bastage setup for the electrical system, mine is pure 12v, but when t comes time to do a rear main seal, both will be the same process...

I guess I can try to answer a few question post, but Ill likely be too late, and someone else will have already answered, so I hate to answer a question on a forum that has already been answered.

Ive lost count now, I guess I have about 95 more post to go, and I can go to the classified and post the one item I really want to buy for my Blazer, which again... is not on egay or craiglist.

Cheers all,
Andrew

(Feedback as to weather my post about my vehicle repairs would be worth while to the members here would be welcome)

Tinwoodsman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe SS should add a check box saying that if you gripe about the 100 post count rule, you will be banned. Draconian but this issue is getting real old.

KsM715

I guess, I *could* post a bunch of pix and do a writeup on the many repairs Ive done on my truck, I can also post links to many of my youtube videos that I put up, all directly related to the repairs I did on my truck.

Mine is a silly-vilian model K5 Blazer with 6.2, theres not a terrible lot different between the two, mechanically... Head gaskets are head gaskets for the 6.2... Mostly the CUCV has a 24/12 volt bastage setup for the electrical system, mine is pure 12v, but when t comes time to do a rear main seal, both will be the same process...

(Feedback as to weather my post about my vehicle repairs would be worth while to the members here would be welcome)

Actually thats the way it should be done.

Go to the CUCV forum and do just that. Tell us how you got your truck and even though its a civy truck, you wanted to try to convert it...and so on. Mention that is "almost complete" you just need a front bumper and brushguard to finish the look.

Usually that type of post is welcomed from the more senior members and will result in other members sending you PM's offering to sell you the parts your missing.

ElevenBravo

Very helpful information sir, I hope to do just that in the following daze... Kinda got my time slots full with work, and hope to have some free time soon to sit down and put proper wording on the keys.

Cheers,
Andrew

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thread is several years old and the classifieds rules have changes since then.

You must be a premium member to post a for sale classified ad.

I'm going to close this thread because the info is outdated.

Victor, I see you are a premium member so you should be able to post a classified ad. If you are having trouble, send me a PM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks