• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How do I post a classified ad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RealCavDog

Seems like I joined just a few months ago, and BAM ! was over 100 before I knew it !

And all the refresher courses and new information is just amazing ! All the mistakes and missteps I COULD have made . . . The money it has saved me from "wanting" instead of researching first . . . well . . . you get the idea !

Oros35

I get it and still don't have enough posts...but then again I learn more by keeping my mouth shut and listening to the vast amount of knowledge here.
^Yup

Been reading on here for quite some time now. Don't have many posts. Just got my first truck which wouldn't have happened if I didn't read here for so long.

Guess this is one more toward getting there :beer:
I have a few things that some people on here might want that I would like to post a for sale or trade. And there's a few things I'd like to post as wanted. Guess we'll have to wait.

blackrock

Funny i didn't like the 100 post rule until i found two 5 ton trucks for sale on craigslist. I ended up buying them both for 5000 and we started talking and i found out he was a member on here. I said why didn't you post them on the classifieds? he said "That ***** 100 post rule"
My response was well thank god for that rule lol. Guess i was at the right place at the right time.

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

fdf.aspx.jpg

dg.aspx.jpg

Attachments

Glenssurplus

While I too can understand the 100 post requirement before being able to post a classified ad, it kills my coming to this site. I have been searching for a part to repair my business' M35-A3 parade vehicle, and the last guy I talked to said, "eh, go over to Steel Soldiers! I bet you someone on there has one."

So I came over, went through the registration. Went through all the threads that I had to read to be able to post. Accepted the rules, and was ready to post my classified ad.

I went to classifieds, checked it out, figured I would probably get someone who could at least tell me where to find one of these things at, and couldn't figure out how to post.

A little searching (ok, not really. I went back to the front page of the forum, and this was the active topic in the website help forum), and here I am.

Ebay and Craigslist don't have the part I'm after. My google-fu led me into the land of ISO RFQ's and NSN numbers. All of them telling me that its not 'financially beneficial' to help me find a single part. Finally the Idaho Motor Pool was the first guy who said. "Yeah... I know that part. That's a tough part to come by!" while everyone else said "I don't understand why it is so hard to come by."

I guess I will poke around, but as a guy at work trying to find this part, I can't spend a ton of time poking around a forum to get to 100 posts while I'm supposed to be working on other things, and searching for parts in my spare time.

:deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse: I think the Moderators and the Site Administration has adressed this 100 times, there will not be a change to the classifieds until the site is upgraded. Let's face it, the rule seems to make more sense when your first post is to complain about the rule.

Glen,
Start a discussion about this OOber rare part, someone may lead you in the right direction to find it.

steelandcanvas

Let's face it, the rule seems to make more sense when your first post is to complain about the rule...
You hit the nail right on the head.

Glen,
Start a discussion about this OOber rare part, someone may lead you in the right direction to find it..
Doghead did say in a post, it depends on how you word it. Let me start, what are you looking for?

Glenssurplus

If you mean that the rule makes sense because it keeps the number of classified ads to a minimum, yes. it works. It also probably ensures that the people who are using the classified section of the site are members in good standing. I get all that, I understand it, and if this were my board, I would probably find it to be a great rule.

I have started a discussion about it, and I have tried to keep from it being an advertisement to purchase as much as possible.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hello people, is it really that difficult to play within the rules?

Do not title your thread WTB, or F/S. Do not start the first sentence(for those of you literate types) with, For Sale, or Wanted... Do not include any sentences or utterances of for sale or wanted to buy.

Nobody said you can't post a thread talking about your trucks, and their problems....

For the really slow guys, post us a story about your MV, and tell us how we can help you.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And as for discussing this particular rule, it's a waste of time posting your complaints. It is what it is.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
The 100 rule is because a former menber COULD NOT abide by the low post count rule that we had in the past to sell, as the member posted CRAP post to raise the post count, the post count kept going up, even after being kicked off and then reinstated the CRAP post kept comming, so after all the dust cleared, the member is a Xmember and the 100 rule.

I do feel that if CHAT that we were told CAN NOT be fixed can be fixed , that the NEEDED COUNT for WTB can be changed to LOT lower number.

KsM715

Thanks DH, I keep coming back to this thread to see what the complaint is this time and while reading post 24 and 25 I was thinking the same thing. How hard is it to register on this site and introduce yourself, tell us about the "new" truck you just got and what it has and what it doesn't have that you need to start tracking down. The last part of that sentence is the key, and well within the rules. Once you get that out of the way the posts start rolling in from guys that have those parts or know where to find them.

Atomic

Yeah I cant understand it either "The rules say" What more do you need to continue?

This has been beat to death so many times. I HAVE TRIED TO PURCHASE STUFF FROM PEOPLE THAT POSTED 5 TIMES AND LEFT. That is beyond agravating. I have money in hand and you can't/won't/don't care to get back to me.

You as the OP said you have nothing further to talk about. Well, with respect, I ask you to get a hold of the Mods so you can be removed from the site as you have nothing left to contribute. THIS IS A FORUM FOR DISSCUSSION, not some OD version of craigslist. If you need a part I will help you out:

www.whiteowl.com
www.tnjmurray.com
www.easternsurplus.net
www.desertdeucesurplus.com
www.saturnsurplus.com
www.idahomotorpool.com
www.vintagemilitarytrucks.com
www.100dollarman.com
www.ccsurplus.com
www.memphisequipment.com

If you need to sell something might I suggest www.ebay.com or www.craigslist.com or your local paper.

We have rules in life for a reason. Some need to be changed and some need to followed. This isn't one to change.

But let me end it positively,.......... please vote in 2012.

Last edited:

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't worry about the 100 post rule. The classifieds as they are now are overrated anyway. :p

All joking aside, I was looking last night and every single add I looked at was posted by people that hadn't logged in to the site in a year or more. I'll never understand why the "auto renew" feature was ever enabled and why people choose it when they post a add.

big block 88

Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo, is it you need 100 posts to post a for sale add, or is it you need to have 100 posts complaining about the classifieds???

This is all far to complex for me to comprehend:shock:

Oros35

While I'm not complaining about the rule, It is what it is and I'll gladly abide by it, I'll eventually get to the 100 post mark, it will take me a while cause all the info I'm looking for is already here just need to keep reading. I don't need to post questions to things that have already been answered thus my low post count. I'm not new here, just don't have the post count.

A question came to mind. I have some light sets that I have no use for but by the auction results someone else does and they are probably something a forum user would want. I would like to trade them for some deuce parts. Am I out of line starting a thread asking for trades? By my reading that would be out of line.

I could use other methods, online auction or other forums. But I think my best audiance and people that would benifit from the deal most would be here. Plus I want to deal with people I trust (like here on SS) rather than who knows who on the WWW. I haven't been to any kind of swap meet and don't plan to, just not my thing.

I guess I'm also asking what other ways can I use to reach the right audiance for trades?

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
You might be better off posting what you "won" in one of the GL threads, then maybe mention you'd be interested in a trade. Starting a thread with a "wanted ad"(wanting to trade is a want ad) is not allowed by the site owner. I don't like the rule either, but I do like to drink and drive. Sadly I can't do that either.

Mac53

I do like to drink and drive. Sadly I can't do that either.
That actually made me laugh pretty hard.

As for the 100 post rules... When I first read that I just gave up. I'm a lurker, if I have a question, I use the search feature...somewhere here, its always already answered. Sure I need a part here and there, but I'd rather give my business to people that want it than fill threads with 100 posts they don't really need.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
As stated in other posts in this thread, there are ways of going about LOOKING FOR PARTS, without LOOKING FOR PARTS, I beleive the I WANT TO SELL is the Big burr in the butt that seems to be a neverending. The WTB and WTS should be on seperate counts

mmeridith

Don't worry about the 100 post rule. The classifieds as they are now are overrated anyway. :p

All joking aside, I was looking last night and every single add I looked at was posted by people that hadn't logged in to the site in a year or more. I'll never understand why the "auto renew" feature was ever enabled and why people choose it when they post a add.

This is so true... I have been on here a few weeks and responded to several of the F/S adds with no replies back, dead ends that seem to live on forever...

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks