• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many more HUMVEES for sale on Gov Planet?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I thought only around 40 of them were going to be sold, the rest scrapped? It was posted on the internet, so it must be true! The 3960+ you've seen auctioned off aren't real.

Kidding. No one can know/say honestly. Years ago, we never even thought they'd be for sale. But I would venture a guess that we've exceeded 4K trucks thus far. I also want to say I recall that AM General has supplied DoD with over 280,000 variants. Now, with that said, I have no way to know how many are unarmored. How many we've scrapped already. Or how many we've given away/lost/exc. But it stands to reason, that if we only took a 1/4 of that number as unarmored/available/exc, we're still looking at 70K units. Now, let's say we're only able to get a 1/4 of that number. You can see there's likely still a large number to be sent to surplus.

This is all speculation on my part. And high speculation at that. This and a $1 might get you a cup of coffee.

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
And no one is ever going to know....GP knows how many trucks they have sold, and they know how many they have on hand and are most likely contracted to sell, but do you really think they are going to tell us? Yea...not gonna happen.
that would be showing there poker hand....and that is not smart business.

ArizonaGasMonkey

I watched them cut up a couple Slantback models at Davis Monthan AFB in Tucson, AZ last week. There is a line of them going to the scrapper. Maybe whom ever gets that scrap can score some parts or deal on parts.

vinhvinny

And no one is ever going to know....
that is an excellent point. if everyone knows their stock, folks would know how to wait for better price or wait to the very end.

I am, on the other hand, still saving from my bi-monthly pay checks. That s why I need to know. In the mean time, I just borrow my friend's humvee.

Last edited:

Katavic918

And no one is ever going to know....GP knows how many trucks they have sold, and they know how many they have on hand and are most likely contracted to sell, but do you really think they are going to tell us? Yea...not gonna happen.
I guess it depends how many they have. If they were running low I'm sure they would make it known to increase demand.

Katavic918

And don't worry. Since I just bought one, the supply will most definitely increase and prices will plummet. That's my luck anyway.

Gunzy

I was given information that somewhere around 30000 will go through before all is said and done.

tobyS

One recent scrap contract out of Crane was about 500 vehicles. They are harvesting some parts but LOTS of great materials being entirely destroyed...just amazing. What national security risk is letting us US citizens have a shot at a hydraulic crane or 16.00 tires nearly brand new, for use in US entrepreneurs hands? And I'm not talking about exporting, it's us they are prohibiting from getting the valuable components at real surplus prices. Hey Trump...give US citizens a break and see if we can be productive!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A secret source told me that GP Will buy back all the trucks that anyone paid over $500.00 for so that the buyer does not lose any money....it's part of the IRonclad guarantee and the roll out for an even newer warranty campaign called "No customer left behind"

:roll::roll::roll:

Last edited by a moderator:

gottaluvit

One recent scrap contract out of Crane was about 500 vehicles. They are harvesting some parts but LOTS of great materials being entirely destroyed...just amazing. What national security risk is letting us US citizens have a shot at a hydraulic crane or 16.00 tires nearly brand new, for use in US entrepreneurs hands? And I'm not talking about exporting, it's us they are prohibiting from getting the valuable components at real surplus prices. Hey Trump...give US citizens a break and see if we can be productive!
Darn thing only lets me thank you once!! X10!

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter

the problem is it takes one idiot to screw it all up for the masses....case in point, the entire US Navy is prohibited from consuming alcohol in Japan due to literally a few losers. So now, everyone will suffer....

Last edited by a moderator:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks