• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How many more HUMVEES for sale on Gov Planet?

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Are there any thoughts about lowering the starting price? I saw one last week starting at $500. Was that a typo? I think the final sale price was still about the going rate.
Yeah a simple forgot to add a zero and an "oh *&^%&" moment that once it was caught and was too late. Luckily it worked out.

TNriverjet

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They will still sell for the "real" value, determined by interested parties.
Exactly, well said. It's also nice to occasionally have the validation that the starting bid isn't set too high. I was encouraged to see that one starting at $500 sell for the same final price as others in similar condition.

For GP, it's assurance that the starting price isn't a hindrance to bidders and the auction will run smooth and quick.
For buyers, it's assurance that the starting price isn't artificially high and the market will realistically support some selling price above the starting bid.

vinhvinny

Somebody above mentioned that DLA might stop selling humvees altogether, for two reasons:

1. Too many, if not all, folks go around the law and register them for street legal

2. The price has dropped so much, $6000/vehicle is peanut for the Goverment and less commission for GP.

Do you think they will stop selling for those reasons and may be better off scrap them!

Jwade more than anyone else know this subject well.

Vinny

tage

What's the feds take? 70ish%
That's still 1000 times more then scrap. Especially considering the price of scrap tanking.

As for the registration. That's a valid point. We shall see when someone kills themselves, or a senators kid before that even gets traction....

1 Patriot-of-many

Steel Soldiers Supporter
"1. Too many, if not all, folks go around the law and register them for street legal" What is this law you speak of?

"2. The price has dropped so much, $6000/vehicle is peanut for the Goverment and less commission for GP." 5tons sell for less and scrap value is much higher.

Last edited:

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I believe that's called a policy. Not a law.
Well it is part of the contract that you sign to buy it , so it could be considered contract law. It is really a no loose for the government , you violate the contract by putting it on the road , they sieze it and sell it again . It's just a matter of time till they start tracking illegally registered HMMWV's down and reclaim them . You never really own it they just let you use it.

tage

That will never happen. The Charlie foxtrot of how GP handled the paperwork. I don't see it ever happening. Sure we all filled out an end of use. And most people like myself put "farm work". Then again the sf97 was never in my name, and legally the truck was transferred to gp from dla. Let alone altering an official federal document....
As the Texans told the Mexicans in 1831. Come and take it.

Disclaimer. I do not recommend breaking any laws, or registering a truck against dla policy. The policy is in place to help the stupid people from not getting hurt.

Last edited:

vinhvinny

they sieze it and sell it again . It's just a matter of time till they start tracking illegally registered HMMWV's down and reclaim them . You never really own it they just let you use it.
Whut? Whut?

That sounds like a bunch of thugs!

M151 MUTTs were considered unsafe and illegal to drive on the
road, too But was never reclaimed. I have one, registered and driven all over town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bocephus

How many Humvees are left????

Anybody know how many Humvees are left to be auctioned off?

Kind of curious if once they get down to the last few, if we will see the prices of them go back up.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Hmmwv's are still being rebuilt every day and sent back to units. Then they in turn deactivate them just as often. They will be sold for awhile unless they do a rolling stock stop on sales. Which anything is possible. You weren't around when they were selling M939 trucks 3 to 400 a week and it was a endless flow for years.

parklandtrans

I remember them days...seems like the bottom would never show itself..!! I do like Govplanet over the days of the "Govliguidcheaters"...remember when you went to pick up your winning item...it didn't look anything like what you bid on..??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks