• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is this LARC worth?

drjconley

gimpyrob, thank you for all your answers and the time to help do a search for me. i appreciate it. it is funny how we get all excited about the little stuff. look around, there are a lot better things to be angry and upset about. a joke and a bump isnt one of them.
jim

Blake

Larcv

Mike I really think it depends on whether it was manufactured by Consolidated Diesel Electric or Westinghouse. Who is yours made by?

HSFDChief600

Hmmm I may have worked on that machine while I was in G'port. Thats a baby compared to the 2 big suckers we re-furbed for the Army.. Each wheel had a Detroit to them. I cant remember what the size was but for some reason 100 ton sticks in my mind....Funny thing is after we got 2 finished the Army decided that it was too expensive to ship them after spending some serious duckies on them. Last I saw them they were sitting in a field with pallets under each tire to keep them from flattening.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'd better watch your cholesterol, Kenny, That's a lot of popcorn!

Mike_Pop

This is not a store....nor is it customer service. You are asking people to do you a favor.....
Yes, and my favor was to see what it is worth, not what some smart ass wants to give me for it. I could do the same thing on many other threads but I don't need to post useless information to feel special.

Many, many thanks to the replies from the people who actually posted valuable information for me to research this LARC. As I said before, it's not even mine and on top of that, it's 300 miles away from me.

Geez mike loosen up a bit. You can give gimpy crap but yet you can't do a google search???
I'm loose and usually very easygoing. I just don't like wasting my time on b.s. If it were you, stuck on the side of the road somewhere and you needed information from the great guys on SS, I am sure you wouldn't want wisecracks for answers.

Why do a Google search when the experts are all right here on Steel Soldiers and I can share a topic with other enthusiasts? Besides, whenever you search for a military vehicle, the search will return a thread on Steel Soldiers anyway.

Last edited:

Michael

Hmmm I may have worked on that machine while I was in G'port. Thats a baby compared to the 2 big suckers we re-furbed for the Army.. Each wheel had a Detroit to them. I cant remember what the size was but for some reason 100 ton sticks in my mind....Funny thing is after we got 2 finished the Army decided that it was too expensive to ship them after spending some serious duckies on them. Last I saw them they were sitting in a field with pallets under each tire to keep them from flattening.

This sounds more like the ones I remember selling a while back, but like I said, it has been a while.

madsam

I think this forum is not only for information, but for conversation. Gimpy has helped me in a lot of threads. Some times he just has had a joke, which I don't mind. Others might have some info if I am asking a question. I do not consider a joke BS as it is just conversation.

madsam

Yes, and my favor was to see what it is worth, not what some smart ass wants to give me for it. I could do the same thing on many other threads but I don't need to post useless information to feel special.
I don't mind if you do that on my threads. I find it funny. Give it a try, you might enjoy it.;-)

If it were you, stuck on the side of the road somewhere and you needed information from the great guys on SS, I am sure you wouldn't want wisecracks for answers.

I did not read from your first post that you were in trouble, as I am sure gimpy didn't. Maybe next time you are in trouble you might say so at the first so I don't put any 'BS' in.

madsam

You know, ,,,some times I just write things because I like to write things. Of course that could well be considered 'BS'. So please forgive me for that.

Mike_Pop

Once again...many thanks to the guys who actually contributed useful information in this thread. And for those of you who don't know me, don't assume that I have no sense of humor. I'll accept your banter once you get to know me and will give it back when appropriate. When seeking information, I don't find the sarcasm appropriate or useful. The sarcasm and banter is what really pushes newbies away from this site. It's a shame. This really is a great site with a wealth of information.