• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is this LARC worth?

drjconley

gimpyrob, thank you for all your answers and the time to help do a search for me. i appreciate it. it is funny how we get all excited about the little stuff. look around, there are a lot better things to be angry and upset about. a joke and a bump isnt one of them.
jim

Blake

Larcv

Mike I really think it depends on whether it was manufactured by Consolidated Diesel Electric or Westinghouse. Who is yours made by?

HSFDChief600

Hmmm I may have worked on that machine while I was in G'port. Thats a baby compared to the 2 big suckers we re-furbed for the Army.. Each wheel had a Detroit to them. I cant remember what the size was but for some reason 100 ton sticks in my mind....Funny thing is after we got 2 finished the Army decided that it was too expensive to ship them after spending some serious duckies on them. Last I saw them they were sitting in a field with pallets under each tire to keep them from flattening.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You'd better watch your cholesterol, Kenny, That's a lot of popcorn!

Mike_Pop

This is not a store....nor is it customer service. You are asking people to do you a favor.....
Yes, and my favor was to see what it is worth, not what some smart ass wants to give me for it. I could do the same thing on many other threads but I don't need to post useless information to feel special.

Many, many thanks to the replies from the people who actually posted valuable information for me to research this LARC. As I said before, it's not even mine and on top of that, it's 300 miles away from me.

Geez mike loosen up a bit. You can give gimpy crap but yet you can't do a google search???
I'm loose and usually very easygoing. I just don't like wasting my time on b.s. If it were you, stuck on the side of the road somewhere and you needed information from the great guys on SS, I am sure you wouldn't want wisecracks for answers.

Why do a Google search when the experts are all right here on Steel Soldiers and I can share a topic with other enthusiasts? Besides, whenever you search for a military vehicle, the search will return a thread on Steel Soldiers anyway.

Last edited:

Michael

Hmmm I may have worked on that machine while I was in G'port. Thats a baby compared to the 2 big suckers we re-furbed for the Army.. Each wheel had a Detroit to them. I cant remember what the size was but for some reason 100 ton sticks in my mind....Funny thing is after we got 2 finished the Army decided that it was too expensive to ship them after spending some serious duckies on them. Last I saw them they were sitting in a field with pallets under each tire to keep them from flattening.

This sounds more like the ones I remember selling a while back, but like I said, it has been a while.

madsam

I think this forum is not only for information, but for conversation. Gimpy has helped me in a lot of threads. Some times he just has had a joke, which I don't mind. Others might have some info if I am asking a question. I do not consider a joke BS as it is just conversation.

madsam

Yes, and my favor was to see what it is worth, not what some smart ass wants to give me for it. I could do the same thing on many other threads but I don't need to post useless information to feel special.
I don't mind if you do that on my threads. I find it funny. Give it a try, you might enjoy it.;-)

If it were you, stuck on the side of the road somewhere and you needed information from the great guys on SS, I am sure you wouldn't want wisecracks for answers.

I did not read from your first post that you were in trouble, as I am sure gimpy didn't. Maybe next time you are in trouble you might say so at the first so I don't put any 'BS' in.

madsam

You know, ,,,some times I just write things because I like to write things. Of course that could well be considered 'BS'. So please forgive me for that.

Mike_Pop

Once again...many thanks to the guys who actually contributed useful information in this thread. And for those of you who don't know me, don't assume that I have no sense of humor. I'll accept your banter once you get to know me and will give it back when appropriate. When seeking information, I don't find the sarcasm appropriate or useful. The sarcasm and banter is what really pushes newbies away from this site. It's a shame. This really is a great site with a wealth of information.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks