• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How much is your Deuce's Insurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeepMan

Re: RE: Re: How much is your Deuce

drthunder33 said:
$8 a month state farm for antique.
My agent says they broker thru JC Taylor.
I would still think about personal coverage to protect what you've worked for all your life.

wsucougarx

RE: Re: How much is your Deuce

Has anyone had to make a claim using Gulfway Insurance? I'm just asking b/c I don't see much reference to them online. How was your claim processed?

NorthPatrol

You guys also need to keep in mind there are other factors that affect costs of policies. Things like the zip code where the vehicle is registered and even your credit history.

I'm not sure if the antique insurance is figured the same way.

steelandcanvas

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How much is your Deuce

CCATLETT1984 said:
Just wanted to share a little something about Hagerty, your vehicle MUST be GARAGED ie. in a locked building, when your not driving it.
I do not have this requirement in my Hagerty policy. My only stipulation (other than the normal ones) is I can't haul passengers in the back cargo area.

wsucougarx

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: How much is your Deuce

Hagerty was the first to say NO GARAGE, NO COVERAGE. Stipulation is if they find I have no garage, get in an accident, they find out...no insurance:-( Definately not a time to be dishonest, actually it's never a good time to be dishonest.

Ruppster

Steel Soldiers Supporter

I posted this link a while ago in another thread about insurance - http://www.insurance-marketplace.com/. I called them about coverage for a 1966 M52A2 5 ton 6x6 tractor. With a garage I was quoted $400 a year for Alaska. He told me without a garage the price for the policy would be about $700 a year. I just got off the phone with the Progressive commercial policy division about a different truck (a 1970 Dodge CT800 semi truck with a GVWR of 50,000 pounds, $5,000 replacement value, $500 deductable) and they gave me a quote of $760/year.

My cars are with USAA and they consider anything over 10,000 pounds to be a commercial vehicle. I think they go through Progressive anyhow for their commercial policies. Several months ago I got a quote from the USAA commercial people for a 1994 Ford L9000 semi truck and it was something like $2,500 a year (this was for non-commercial use). I can't use Gulfway since they don't write policies for Alaska (along with several of the antique vehicle insurance companies). I tried State Farm but the quote for the Ford was higher then the quote USAA gave me. I think they gave me a quote for the 5 ton 6X6 and it was about $2,000/year.

Ruppster

kcimb

I pay about 50$ a month for a 1980 Mercedes. 22 years old, no accidents, no tickets (EVER!).

Geico.

I'm saving this thread so if my whole armor ambitions don't work out...buy a deuce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks