• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Add a Winch

503m715

I sent you an email with some pictures from a stock winch truck. As far as parts I have for sale, they are already spoken for. My friend sold them to another member here in the Portland area. I was not aware of this until tonight. Sorry for the trouble.

TroyHog

M16TY

Thanks for hanging in there. I will take some pics of my trucks underside. Are they fairly easy to post? I know there is a hydraulic tank hanging on the side of the truck now. I am starting to grasp the theory and difference between pump and motor. Your saying that the "thing" that the in out cable runs to is neither? It is a valve that just changes flow direction. Seems like it had some pretty big hoses running to it, and why would it have a shaft running out of it?

Thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure it's a shaft or just the valve spool? There is no cable that goes to the pump on the stock setup. Like I said, pics would clear up most of the confusion on what you've got to work with.

No worries about "hanging in there". I like talking hyd. I just got finished modifying the hyd winch system on a M936 so I'm pretty familiar with it.