• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to Add a Winch

503m715

I sent you an email with some pictures from a stock winch truck. As far as parts I have for sale, they are already spoken for. My friend sold them to another member here in the Portland area. I was not aware of this until tonight. Sorry for the trouble.

TroyHog

M16TY

Thanks for hanging in there. I will take some pics of my trucks underside. Are they fairly easy to post? I know there is a hydraulic tank hanging on the side of the truck now. I am starting to grasp the theory and difference between pump and motor. Your saying that the "thing" that the in out cable runs to is neither? It is a valve that just changes flow direction. Seems like it had some pretty big hoses running to it, and why would it have a shaft running out of it?

Thanks

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you sure it's a shaft or just the valve spool? There is no cable that goes to the pump on the stock setup. Like I said, pics would clear up most of the confusion on what you've got to work with.

No worries about "hanging in there". I like talking hyd. I just got finished modifying the hyd winch system on a M936 so I'm pretty familiar with it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks