• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to check SF-97 progress??????

M543A2

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I waited about two months for my last one. I got tired of waiting, and went to the license branch with my bill of sale and other paperwork. They issued a title no problem because it had been government owned and never titled before. Naturally, the SF97 arrived about a week later!! I will probably never request one again, especially since they are charging for them. I just bought another Deuce from them, so we will see if it goes the same way.
Regards Marti

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not so much to check the progress but today I logged on to live chat and they at least confirmed that they got my sf97 request FAX.

ida34

Angus1 said:
How does waiving the fee alleviate back log?
Half the time to process the application is taken up by them processing payment. By not having to process the payment they can do double the amount of applications in the same amount of time. At least that is what was told to my by them.

EdMontana

Recovry4x4 said:
Not so much to check the progress but today I logged on to live chat and they at least confirmed that they got my sf97 request FAX.
This is what happen to me, I called and was on hold....while on hold I went to the Live Tech Support....that told me that my request was there.....I still holding my phone and after several minutes I got a tech....well, I gave her my information just to worth all the time I was waiting for and to double tap the information...guess what? she come back saying that my request was not found there......them I told her that the live tech just told me that was there and she said, well, it's not.

I had to fax 3 times until I had a real positive confirmation ( I hope) that my request was there...what makes me wonder if their fax machine is real close to the trash can...still no tittles and going to two months

The G.L. staff that comes here (Robin) said that they are going to improve the SF97 system as by now I guess that have had a number of complaints and I just hope this improvement start taking effect real soon, I am about to send 2 other requests.....

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My live contact chat was Meredith. I believe she has some expertise in the SF97 area. Not only did she confirm it was there, she gave me the date received. Since she knew that I'm confident it is there. Of course that doesn't mean it will be there in a month when they start working on it. I have to views on the system. One is like calling into a radio. At some point, they dump all the lines and start over. Second is it kinda works lik fast food, hurry up and get the order and money, we'll worry about getting them the food later. If they come back and say they never had it, their FAX machine will b ever so sorry. I'll FAX it twice daily until they call me begging me to quit.

goldneagle

I chatted with Meredith 3 weeks ago and was told the form was processed and would be sent by Fedex 2 day in about 2 weeks. When I chatted yesterday she told me it would take 3 weeks more??? Here is a bit of the conversation:
Meredith: Okay, it is in the process and you should receive your documents in about 3 weeks

Zev Weis: That is what I was told 3 weeks ago!

Zev Weis: Also, I am suposed to have a $200 credit in my acount but was charged the $60 out of my Credit card

Meredith: It was just sent to the DRMS on the 27th of this month. I spoke to the titling department and they advised 3 weeks.

Meredith: If you would like to have management review your complaint, please submit it in writing to: info@govliquidation.com

Meredith: Put "ATTN MANAGEMENT" in the subject line

Zev Weis: Last time I chatted I was told it was waiting to be sent to me by Fedex 2 day air.

Zev Weis: I sent the form in in mid December. Why did it take so long just to send to DRMS?

Meredith: We have an unusually high volume of vehicle sales right now. They are being processed in the order they are received.

Zev Weis: 6 months after winning the auction and I still can't use the truck. What a way to do business! Not very good customer service!

Meredith: Sir, I can assure you that the titling department is processing them as they are received. As I have stated, we have been experiencing an unusually high volume and we are taking steps to alleviate the situation. If you feel that this is something management should review, I recommend you send an email to their attention so that they can address the issue.

Zev Weis: Maybe you can write me a note that I can give to the POLICE OFFICER when he pulls me over for not having registration for my truck.
GL staff is full of ---t . One day they tell you one thing. 3 weeks later a new excuse!! Sounds like those cheap bastards won't hire any more people to process the forms!

Can you imagine buying a car at a dealership and not being able to use the car for 6 months waiting for paperwork? How long would they stay in business?

I think we should complain to the Feds as a group. Maybe then we can get some action from GL.

kfleeman

I'm a bit confused about the SF97 fee right now. Robyn from GL told us that the SF97 fee had been waived, but I asked "Meridith" today on GL's live chat and she said the fee was still in effect. Which is it?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
kfleeman said:
I'm a bit confused about the SF97 fee right now. Robyn from GL told us that the SF97 fee had been waived, but I asked "Meridith" today on GL's live chat and she said the fee was still in effect. Which is it?
Wait a day and see if Robyn updates us on this topic. There still is a $60 fee, but it may be temporarily waived under certain circumstances.

FreightTrain

Banned
You know what you could do if the Fax keeps going missing and you have the old paper feed type fax that sucks the paper in the top and spits it out the bottom.....Take 2 or 3 pieces of paper(With SF97 request on all them,Tape them all together into one sheet,Feed the first one in.When it comes out the bottom,Tape the last sheet to the first sheet so you have a tube.Now walk away.It will loop the fax till the other machine runs out of paper.I had this done to me several years ago by a buddy.White pages don't work since some machines won't accept it and shut down thinking there is no data.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks