• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

How to check SF-97 progress??????

ida34

Most states that have titles require them to be provided when a vehicle is sold. Even scrap vehicles need a scrap title but who wants to spend the money to fight them on it? It would have to be a class action suit but I don't have money to get the ball rolling. The best thing we can do is bring it to the attention of our state attorney generals and hope they lean on GL.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
ida34 said:
Most states that have titles require them to be provided when a vehicle is sold. Even scrap vehicles need a scrap title but who wants to spend the money to fight them on it? It would have to be a class action suit but I don't have money to get the ball rolling. The best thing we can do is bring it to the attention of our state attorney generals and hope they lean on GL.
How much money are we talking about?, I mean, If they (NM) don't waive the late fees, plus the BS 60.00 per title/SF97 charge from GL..... for me, I've spent/will spend, close to 500.00 and not gotten a da mn thing except one SF97 for my 1008. I would be willing to spend 60.00 if I could get my paperwork in a timely fashion, but this is complete BS........ :evil:

goldneagle

Here is a conversation I had with Meredith about my SF-97:

Meredith: Is the document in your name or a company name?

Zev Weis: My name

Meredith: Okay, it is in the process and you should receive your documents in about 3 weeks

Zev Weis: That is what I was told 3 weeks ago!

Zev Weis: Also, I am suposed to have a $200 credit in my acount but was charged the $60 out of my Credit card

Meredith: It was just sent to the DRMS on the 27th of this month. I spoke to the titling department and they advised 3 weeks.

Meredith: If you would like to have management review your complaint, please submit it in writing to: info@govliquidation.com

Meredith: Put "ATTN MANAGEMENT" in the subject line

Zev Weis: Last time I chatted I was told it was waiting to be sent to me by Fedex 2 day air.

Zev Weis: I sent the form in in mid December. Why did it take so long just to send to DRMS?

Meredith: We have an unusually high volume of vehicle sales right now. They are being processed in the order they are received.

Zev Weis: 6 months after winning the auction and I still can't use the truck. What a way to do business! Not very good customer service!

Meredith: Sir, I can assure you that the titling department is processing them as they are received. As I have stated, we have been experiencing an unusually high volume and we are taking steps to alleviate the situation. If you feel that this is something management should review, I recommend you send an email to their attention so that they can address the issue.

Zev Weis: Maybe you can write me a note that I can give to the POLICE OFFICER when he pulls me over for not having registration for my truck.

I wish we could combine forces and a good lawyer and file a class action law suet against GL... :evil: :deadhorse:

EdMontana

goldneagle said:
Here is a conversation I had with Meredith about my SF-97:

Meredith: Okay, it is in the process and you should receive your documents in about 3 weeks

:

From GL management......"" is 60 to 90 days waiting right now, we are selling 5 times more trucks than before and don't have the staff to take care this volume""

Also

""All the information we have is basically what I told you, about the fees being waived until the process time is back down to 30 days" after that will be charged again.
We have no information on current positions in line for each customer.""

All the 3 weeks or 30 days period is over long ago......Also, is no such "list" to anyone look either, so don't waste your time contacting them for that.

And folks...will only get worst, I know just one place that will have 500 trucks for auction pretty soon!!

ida34

FMJ said:
How much money are we talking about?, I mean, If they (NM) don't waive the late fees, plus the BS 60.00 per title/SF97 charge from GL..... for me, I've spent/will spend, close to 500.00 and not gotten a da mn thing except one SF97 for my 1008. I would be willing to spend 60.00 if I could get my paperwork in a timely fashion, but this is complete BS........ :evil:
Enough to pay an attorney or attorneys to file and fight a lawsuit with GL. It would be a very easy case based on case law of guarantee of merchantability. I may be off on the term but the basic points are you must be able to use a product as it was intended to be used. We could also file for an injunction that would compel them to comply with state laws that require a title on any vehicle exchange. Either way someone has to pay the lawyer and the deep pockets that GL has to fight a law suit will mean large amounts of money will need to be put up for the lawyers to fight GL's lawyers. It would cost a lot more than $500. You could probably sue you neighbor and win with that amount of money but not a corporation. As to exactly how much, a lawyer will have to speak up and fill us in on that.

GM72K10

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CAlled and spoke to a live person, sent two emails, FINALLY received my SF97 Thursday, 2 and a half monthes after paying for my truck. AND now, who knows, another at least 4 week wait for the title from the state of Pa. What a way to do business!

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Too bad we don't have an activist club that would take care of this. I know something like the NRA would do it for their membership. We need an MV Collecters Club.

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
GM72K10 said:
CAlled and spoke to a live person, sent two emails, FINALLY received my SF97 Thursday, 2 and a half monthes after paying for my truck. AND now, who knows, another at least 4 week wait for the title from the state of Pa. What a way to do business!
Did they charge you the 60.00 for the expedited service you received?

Blythewoodjoe

EdMontana said:
From GL management......"" is 60 to 90 days waiting right now, we are selling 5 times more trucks than before and don't have the staff to take care this volume""
I was just talking with my wife about this last night. The biggest problem with GL is no compatition. What does that bring? Poor customer service and poor efficiency. Any other company would hire enough people to make the customer happy. Other wise the customer would go some place else. When people don't have a choice the company can do what ever they want and that means what ever makes the owner the most money. Hiring too few people to do the job is one way. Haveing all the cell phones in the field come out of their home state is another.

Well after going to the DMV here yesterday I am thinking their practice of selling vehicles without a title or form 97 is illegle. I plan to visit with the managment at the DMV some more on Monday and come up with a plan before I call the state attorney generals office. It's an election year and that is the best time to get the government to do something. I also think they should not collect state sales tax on vehciles here. The DMV has told me in the past that the DMV had to collect sales tax at the time of taking the application for a title. I have to visit the state department of revenue next about some sales tax stuff, so I plan to bring that up too.

I must offer an apology to you guys. I have sat back and read about GL and their BS for some time and never really worried about it. I was not having trouble with them so I didn't get involved. I hope I can make up for that now. If anybody wants to get organized and try to make these guys act like they should I will pledge my time and money to the cause.

On a sad note, if the American public makes some foolish decisions this november, we have a lot more of this BS to look forward to as government, instead of corporations, start to run more of our lives. The privite sector has it's problems, but govenment control is much worse.

Joe Trapp

TheBuggyman

Well, I hate to state the obvious but if the issue is pushed about getting your title at the same time as your truck then they (GL) will simply hold your truck until the SF-97 comes through. Just like with an EUC.

I disagree with the way that they do business also, but at least I can work on my truck during the 2-3 months while waiting for the SF-97.

Blythewoodjoe

Well here's a question. Why doesn't GL get the SF97 when the decision is made to sell the truck? It would seem logical if GL is going to sell the truck that they, being a LLC would have proof of ownership before they collect money for a vehcile. It would seem logical they would sit on the truck and collect the 97 from the feds before they put it up for auciton. I don't see any other agency doing things the way they do.

The funny thing about the truck I just bought is that they sold it months ago and the buyers never paid. If they knew they where going to auction it off again why didn't they get a 97 then. I know why. They don't care if I am happy and they probably don't care if they are abiding by state law out side of Arizona. I have had considerable experiance lately dealing with people not worrying about civil law. If you don't want to spend the money on a lawyer no one will make anybody abide by civil law. Only in criminal stuff does the government foot the bill. DISCLAIMER: I am not a lawyer but a law abiding citizen.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Remember folks, when GL first started selling, they did provide the SF97 at pickup time. This entire crock about being backlogged and charging us money is GL generated. They have made some type of arrangement with DRMS to prepare the SF after the sale. SFs used to be prepared and delivred to GL when they got posession of th truck. If you all recall correctly, the $60 fee cam after they took heat for selling entire sales of vehicle "No SF97". How about a word on this one Robyn?

ida34

I got an SF-97 with my Deuce and my first cucv. Technically they were SF-97's assigned to GL then GL would provide an affidavit saying they sold the truck to me. Do the new SF-97's that are received after the fact come assigned to GL with an affidavit or do they come with your name on them?

Blythewoodjoe

I like the whole "request to obtain title to a vehcile" form. I believe the title is part of the vehicle. When I bought the vehcile the state of South Carolina requires me to register all vehciles. Why do I have to request a form that by law I am entitled to?

But wait, there's more. They want me to provide the year and manufacturer of my truck. I have to way no provide that. It is not on the truck and I don't know it. They did not provide that with the auction description. Oh wait, I get it. They want me to provide that info so they don't have to find that out. They will take the form I send them and have that info put on the 97. That saves them another employee and makes them more money. I also like the statement that I must sign the form and that by doing so I will agree to pay the $60. Can you say scam. That's what those cheesy law firms do with settlement check. "By signing this check you agree this matter is settled". I've been around long enough to develop a very good BS detector and mine in the red on this stuff. I'm going to go crazy this week end waiting for the DMV and Attorney Generals office to open back up.

EdMontana

TheBuggyman said:
Well, I hate to state the obvious but if the issue is pushed about getting your title at the same time as your truck then they (GL) will simply hold your truck until the SF-97 comes through. Just like with an EUC.

I disagree with the way that they do business also, but at least I can work on my truck during the 2-3 months while waiting for the SF-97.

I don't agree with your logic as not everyone need to work in the trucks, I have a 1999 A3 with 3,000 miles that needs nothing and I cannot drive!!and that is getting really frustrating, also, the other 3 trucks that I have they all drive reall good too.....

First of all...the SF-97 should be WITH the truck when it goes for auction so no wait, after the auction they affidavit it to you.

If they make us wait for the SF-97 like the EUC, would be good because they will NOT receive the money until they get all the paper work together....believe me, it will be real fast because they are all about our money.

I think the fact that they force you to pay the State tax where the truck is at may not be legal, you should pay sales tax ONLY in your State when registering and getting your own title...and some folks will ended up paying tax twice depending where they live.

The $60 fee for the Government SF-97 that is giving to GL for free is no to pay for the SF itself but for their internal "work", a very expensive labor just to be in the middle passing the paper.

On March 21 will be 3 months of waiting for me and if I don't get the two SF-97's I will be contacting my Senator and the Attorney General. And I just sent another two SF-97's so now I am waiting on four SF-97's....

Ed @ HDPS

goldneagle

Can we say "CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT"? If you file it as such and win everyone who got screwed by GL wins. It would cost them tons of money! We should campaign to have them removed as the OFFICIAL seller of gov't surplus. This way when their contract expires they will not be renewed. There has got to be a Lawyer out there that would be willing to take them on for all of us poor saps that are caught in this GL nightmare.

As far as that $60 waiver..it's BS. I was charged the $60 on my credit card for the SF-97 a few weeks ago and I had a so called $200 credit in my GL account for the missing parts STOLEN from my truck while waiting for EUC. I was told I still had 3 more weeks to wait for the form. I filed mid December '07.

Blythewoodjoe

Well I just read the GL agreement that I "click" on each time. Boy am I tired. Talk about a "you have no rights and we can do what we want" agreement. I guess I agreed to pay the $60. I am still checking out the law on these things with my DMV. They are almost as slow as GL. I even called the governors office today too. I guess the attorney general office will be next. I don't want to send my "request for SF-97" form until I get some answers from these guys. For starters, what are the chances GL doesn't know all the info needed to get a title. I wonder if they even have the serial number for my truck on file. I pointed that out to the DMV folks, you know the ones that where concerned about fraud. That's why we have "titles" in the first place. So people can't steal a vehicle and get a title for it. Or so people can't send in a "request" form with a serial number for a nice vehicle instead of the piece of junk they just won. Of course I just won a nice truck. I have no need to lie.

Well I am waiting on the public servants now before I do any more with the swine. By the way my father in law wants my new truck so, being the good son in law I am, I will be giving it to him. Back on the mother in laws mud list.

Armada

Heres the latest from GL on my SF97:

Dear Sir,

The Titling Department has informed, they are very behind and your SF 97 will be another 3 weeks, possibly. Due to the delay of providing the SF97, the $60.00 charge will be waived.

We hope this information has been helpful; feel free to contact us if you require additional assistance and have a great day!

Regards,

Customer Service Department
Government Liquidation, LLC
DOD Surplus, LLC

I faxed my app. to them on 1-10 and after the standard 30 days I called and they told me 2 more weeks. I called again after 2 weeks and they told me 2 more weeks. After 60 total days I called again and they said they would have a manager contact me. Thats when I got the email. They can take as long as they want to now. I titled my truck without it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks