• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

"How to get a HET in life..." - M1070 Acquisition thread

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A buddy of mine has a het and modified the front end of his truck with a brush guard. Not sure what it came off of but it looks factory to me. The guard folds forward then the hood. The lights go to a wrecker I believe. He didn't post here very often and I hope he didn't mind me posting these pics.
The lights are for a freightliner unimog tractor flu419 auxiliary lighting mounted close to the mirrors.

BradBMI

Just drove a het 1300 miles from Sparta WI to NYC.

The HET drives like a big car 47mph was my top out but in the hills of PA it went up every hill without losing speed

My butt hurts from the military no frills sheet ouch!

BradBMI

Diesel in Sparta W! was $3.29 per gallon. I took as much as i could carry! Ohio was about $3.98 PA and NJ were about $4.89 per Gallon. I just checked the receipts looks like about $729 in total fuel. Either way it wasnt as bad as I had expected.

Truck had 1/2 tank when i picked it up so there is the descrepency

maxtor

I have a chance to purchase one very cheaply, that is in very good shape. What do you guys do with them once you purchase one?

Artisan

I have a chance to purchase one very cheaply, that is in very good shape. What do you guys do with them once you purchase one?
If nothing more, they are smile generators.
Drive one thru town and you will see what I mean.
I only own a measly M925A1 and an M916 and they generate
more than their weight in smiles every time I hit the go peddle in them.

Hawssie

I was comparing the drivetrains of the M1070 versions available to us and the newer Cat powered version the military is upgrading to and was surprised. I know I will never be able to get a hold of a C18 to re power with and it would be too long at the current spot. (A C18 would cost twice or more then what you can buy a whole m1070 for now).But what a difference it must make, I am not talking so much about the HP increase which is definitely significant (+200) but more importantly the torque. I haven t found an exact torque rating on 8v92 version used in the M1070, but it appears to be around 1250. The CAT C18 in an industrial rating (I have never found one rated as a vehicle power plant other then in the new 1070) for one putting out 700 hp is in turn rated at 2419 ft. pounds. If these numbers are correct thats **** near double the torque, then add another 2 gears.. But ours do have a 2 speed transfer case which to me is a decent plus. They also look better!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks