• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummv rims om M1028

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Section II. TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 Figure 167. Wheel and Runflat Assembly.

Samyguy

thank you' for the link, pretty much straight forward.
So in my case I'll keep my air psi down and won't add 8000# of
steel plate to my CUCV like they had been doing on HUMMERs

allrevup

Thanks for ALL the links doghead! Also the #9 post on the pirate4x4 tred link about the way it would blow OUT or IN is a very good observation.

I feel that you could used radials on 8 bolts wheels as long as you do not exced the wheels 30psi. max air pressure and that at that max tire air pressure you have enought tire for the vehicle/application that they are under.

What Is structuraly different to makes one 12 bolts wheel/tire combination have a higher Weight Rating then the other= alingment hole instead of a washer and a different "O" ring= 3,900lbs. How?

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the picture from the Tpub. You can see the design difference there.

I think there is a thickness difference.

On my truck, I regularly run my tires at 45-50 psi. I trailer and haul loads in the bed. I played with tire pressures and found 45 to be about the best for me(temp, wear, contact, sidewall flex).

I would hate to have someone read the sidewall max pressure and think they were safe to inflate to that , if my tires were on the 8 bolt rims.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That I don't know.