• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hummv rims om M1028

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Section II. TM 9-2320-280-24P-1 Figure 167. Wheel and Runflat Assembly.

Samyguy

thank you' for the link, pretty much straight forward.
So in my case I'll keep my air psi down and won't add 8000# of
steel plate to my CUCV like they had been doing on HUMMERs

allrevup

Thanks for ALL the links doghead! Also the #9 post on the pirate4x4 tred link about the way it would blow OUT or IN is a very good observation.

I feel that you could used radials on 8 bolts wheels as long as you do not exced the wheels 30psi. max air pressure and that at that max tire air pressure you have enought tire for the vehicle/application that they are under.

What Is structuraly different to makes one 12 bolts wheel/tire combination have a higher Weight Rating then the other= alingment hole instead of a washer and a different "O" ring= 3,900lbs. How?

Last edited:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Look at the picture from the Tpub. You can see the design difference there.

I think there is a thickness difference.

On my truck, I regularly run my tires at 45-50 psi. I trailer and haul loads in the bed. I played with tire pressures and found 45 to be about the best for me(temp, wear, contact, sidewall flex).

I would hate to have someone read the sidewall max pressure and think they were safe to inflate to that , if my tires were on the 8 bolt rims.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
That I don't know.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks