• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrogen Generator

RDUKW

Injecting hydrogen in to a diesel acts similar to propane. I have a customer that sells hydrogen generators for trucks and heavy equipment primary for the emissions reduction. The bigest thing he claims besides better emissions is the mpg.

Stalwart

My gosh someone is a gullible teenager. "Free spooling generator" is another bit of hogwash, every watt of power extracted from an alternator REQUIRES extra fuel from the engine to turn it. There is no free lunch people, if it worked as advertised, the major manufacturers would be using it. Further, disconnecting an O2 sensor and adjusting timing AFTER TDC . . . :roll:

That's almost as funny as calling a replica GT500 with a Chevy engine "a piece of history". Your history perhaps, but not to anyone else. To those of us that have or had a REAL Shelby vehicle, it is an insult. :soapbox:

BTW, who peed on my cornflakes this morning? C'mon man up and admit it!

Last edited:

army_nurse

There are sites out there that are making the hydrogen gens out of titanium plates and sealing them inside thick plexiglass. at 24 volts they are claiming over 2 liters per minute of hho gas produced. this is real and from my understanding diesel seems to like the hho gas. look up smacks booster on the net and youtube. the guy does great videos and has real numbers to back his clains. he also puts the plans to his hho gen on the net so you dont have to buy one you can build your own. this is on my to do list. just my 2 cents worth.

Stalwart

Yes, you can crack water into it's component parts with electricity, but you don't EVER get more back than you put into it. And because of thermal and frictional losses you get back LESS than you put in.

Thermodynamics, do a little reading, it will open your eyes.

"A fool and his money are soon parted." - old wisdom, from the 1500's

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since I live along one of the Great Lakes(endless supply of free water), I decided to experiment with a hydrogen generator on my Deuce last summer.

Here's how I did it.

Step 1: Using electricity from the battery, the system separates water into oxygen and hydrogen. Keep in mind that the electricity in the battery is simple stored electricity from your engine. The engine creates electricity by turning your alternator, which powers your headlights, turn signals, etc., with any extra charging your car’s battery.
Step 2: The oxygen from the separator is added to your air intake. More oxygen in the air makes for better combustion.
Step 3: The hydrogen from the separator is added to your fuel, reducing the amount of diesel your truck uses.
Step 4: Hydrogen and oxygen re-combine during combustion in your engine, releasing energy and making your truck go. Unfortunately, the engine also needs to send electricity to your hydrogen separator in order to continue the process. That brings us back to step one.

This summer, I am working on a helium generator, to help with parking.

http://aardvark.co.nz/hho.shtml

Last edited:

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for giggles has a 400hz gen ever been tryed for a power source.
How about one of the gas turbines GL has 28volts 30 amps or something like that.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately, the first law of thermodynamics states quite clearly that the energy generated by recombining the hydrogen and oxygen through combustion can only ever be equal to the amount of energy it took to separate them.
In fact it's worse than that.
Because there all sorts of losses involved in the generation of the electricity, the delivery of it to the electrolysis cell and then the combustion process, we actually recover far less energy from burning the hydrogen than it took to create it.
So, once those losses are taken into account, these useless devices will actually cause your car to use *more* fuel - that extra fuel doing nothing more than heating the water in that electrolysis cell and the wires that lead to it.

bugei

dh,

what if clausisus was wrong? and the people selling the water crackers know more then him. after all, alot has changed since 1850 when he wrote the law.

"he fought the law, but the law won"

btw, i have a machine that turns lead into gold. i would offer it for sale, but .........

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
We need to trade notes sometime, I dabble in alchemy too!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So, now the truth (aka Facts), are negative?

My car runs on marshmellows...

bugei

doug,

actually, this site is pretty supportive about "out of boxing". i watched a hydrogen cracker get shattered on a motorcycle site, not because his idea was good or bad, mostly, because he was a jerk. there may, or may not be valid science to support (or deny) the crackers, personally, i dont really care, i think the concept is cool, and experiments are great.

a few of my own experiments have failed, but i did make a really cool tool that tripped electrical circuit breakers when i was a kid. the home made parachute was kinda a fail. and a few of my motorized creations probably should have had less motor and more breaks (brakes it's a wash).........

this site has supported some crazy bobbers, some psychotic repowers, some fairly nutso 109 conversions. every kind of fuel being shoved down the injectors of a multifuel, some lift kits of cucvs that were "over the top". i think that it really has come down to the "tone" of the poster. and face it, if you say you made your duece go over 65 other than out of the back of a c130, you better have video

army_nurse

its some what like teaching my oldest brother to use a computer then trying to tell him that Bill Gates didnt make it that way just to make it hard for him and only him. Not saying that the hho thing works just that change is harder for some than others. The question that started this post remains.

1) has anyone used a hydrogen generator on the M35A2

2) did it do any good?

inquiring minds want to know?

Stalwart

This site has gotten to be so negative towards people who like to think outside the box!!!
My gosh, if it breaks all scientific laws concerning what it is proposed to do, then we are negative? The science behind it doesn't work!!!

It would take HUNDREDS of amps to get the desired results, that kind of amperage has to be MADE somewhere.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks