• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Hydrogen Generator

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
inquiring minds want to know?
Read the facts.

If someone starts posting that adding quartz pebbles in your fuel tank will increase the cetane, will you just do it because it was posted, or look into the facts to understand why it works(or does not work)?

bugei

i did dabble in moth balls and a few other fuel additives that i borrowed from various places. now i find out quartz would have worked. i was using the quartz to guide the space vehicles in.

boy, do i feel stupid

Stalwart

How about some cow magnets along the fuel line, my step-father fell for that one. He made me put headers on his 460 powered F150 for fuel mileage and wouldn't let me re-jet the carb, he ended up ruining the engine due to the lean condition.

Boss Doug

I had to go do something for the wife. What I’m talking about is all the negative attitudes that are not backed up by facts but opinions, likes or dislikes. If you have facts than post them. But don’t shoot an idea down because it is different.

Boss Doug

Stalwart,
Thank you, what happed is your father saw something and thought that just might work, so he tried it. What this world needs is more people like your father who just didn’t sit back and do nothing but tried something. Did your father look at this as a failure or did he try something else?

LuckyDog

... What I’m talking about is all the negative attitudes that are not backed up by facts but opinions, likes or dislikes. If you have facts than post them. But don’t shoot an idea down because it is different.
Ok, I'll bite the bait....

Doug, did you read doghead's link on the first law of thermodynamics?

Then look up the second and third laws...

Key word "ENTROPY" ; Fact, Know it, live it, hate it!!!! Entropy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Conversion of energy from one form to another ALWAYS increases entropy. The best we can do is decrease the rate of increase. I.E. Don't waste precious fuel to change water to gas.

And that my friends is why perpetual motion machines will only work in ........... Now where was I when I saw that? darn thing never did stop.

Last edited:

Stalwart

Stalwart,
Thank you, what happed is your father saw something and thought that just might work, so he tried it. What this world needs is more people like your father who just didn’t sit back and do nothing but tried something. Did your father look at this as a failure or did he try something else?
He tried it, the magnets did nothing but cost him a few bucks. The headers cost him the engine. In the end, he felt like a fool with a broken truck.

Last edited:

bubba_got_you

[FONT=&quot]Ok I think BossDoug meant is that until you have tried it don’t say it “wont” or “can’t” work. The correct thing to say in this instance is I don’t “think” or “believe” it will work. Just because science says it wont work doesn’t mean it or a variant of it wont. If Edison, Columbus, or Einstein just figured something wouldn’t work or accepted what others told them we would have gone NOWHERE and we would still think the earth is flat and we would be in the dark. So the point is don’t poo poo an idea (even if it doesn’t work) because it might bring around a better one that does. Now do they work YES they do, will they generate more than they use? maybe not but that’s no reason not to give it a shot anyways. The best reason to NOT do it is because YOU don’t want to. All we can do is give an opinion, or try it and accept what we find and try something else.
[/FONT]

Stalwart

The difference is Einstein and Edison were pushing science and were working within the law of thermodynamics. Why must we try something that can't possibly work? That is INSANE! Must we try to turn lead into gold to know that it can't be done with current technology?

TRY reading for a change, some of us did! The following is stolen from the website DogHead cited:

Well the first thing is to work out how much energy it requires to keep an average vehicle cruising at(say) 65mph. According to this source it takes around 20HP to cruse at that speed.

Let's convert that to electrical energy by multiplying by 746 (the number of watts in a horsepower). We get 14,920, or roughly 15KW.

Now, if we want to replace 40% of that power with energy from HHO gas, we'll need to use at least 15KW x 0.4 which comes to 6,000 watts (6KW).

If we assume that the electrolysis cell which converts electricity into HHO gas is 100% efficient (which it certainly isn't) then that means we'll need a massive 6000W/12V or 500 amps of current to make that much gas.

Suddenly those 30A wires are looking rather inadequate aren't they?

What's more, since the average car's alternator can only deliver about 80A of current, this means the battery would have to deliver the other 520A and (in the case of even a good 80AH unit) would be flat in under 10 minutes.

bubba_got_you

The difference is Einstein and Edison were pushing science and were working within the law of thermodynamics. Why must we try something that can't possibly work? That is INSANE! Must we try to turn lead into gold to know that it can't be done with current technology?

TRY reading for a change, some of us did! The following is stolen from the website DogHead cited:
[FONT=&quot]I READ the article already and accept it, it makes since. Why do you have to get so defensive and make yourself look like an a**? All I was saying it that without trying something you will never know it works or doesn't work. [/FONT]and one of the Key statements in your post is CURRENT TECHNOLOGY.

Last edited:

Stalwart

By fiddling in your garage you aren't gonna stumble upon some magical solution, those times are past. The fact is, YES we can determine that something WONT EFFING WORK, if it violates some basic laws. We don't need to test it, it has been tested, it WON'T do anything but lighten your wallet. You obviously have never had a basic physics class have you, and calling me an A$$ doesn't help your arguement. :evil:

bubba_got_you

1st I never called you an a**.I said that you where making your self-look like one. By the way you where replying
2nd I am not working under the delusion that the hho gen works because it has been tried and tested and proven wrong. I know this because I looked in to it back when it first started.
3rd you do not understand my point apparently
4th if you think you can make no discoveries in your garage by tinkering then I feel sorry for you.
5th I am done with this thread and will not be posting back on this one, as it will achieve nothing. You will understand what I mean or you wont. And for the record I have seen your post true the years I have been here and I have the up most respect for your knowledge. And I do not believe you are an a** I believe you are not understanding my point and are responding irresponsibly.
[FONT=&quot]Thanks [/FONT]

G-Force

I'm still waiting for a response on another thread as to whether you can burn Jergens Lotion in a multifuel engine.......:mrgreen:
Play nice boys......

Darwin T

dh,

btw, i have a machine that turns lead into gold. i would offer it for sale, but .........
Alchemy 101 - the ability to turn Silver into Gold. Take a long piece of silver duct tape and put it over a loud mouth and wrap around the head, golden silence. :jumpin:

Alchemy 101.1 - the ability to turn Silver into Gold. Take a loud mouth to a bar and use your silver to buy a round of drinks, and shut him up that way again golden silence. :beer:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm still waiting for a response on another thread as to whether you can burn Jergens Lotion in a multifuel engine.......:mrgreen:
Play nice boys......
Vaseline yes, Jergens no.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'm pretty sure all the negative comments we're meant to keep somebody from spending a bunch of time and money on something that will not work for intended purpose. Call it whatever you want but if in the end it keeps somebody from wasting time and money, I'd say they did a good thing. 2cents