• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I Bought a Mog

FM5332FF

Parts, Parts, Parts.... Engine Covers, Carb Rebuild kit, new Keys :) It will all be here tomorrow... Then soon to follow Pertronix Civilian Ignition Conversion :)

91W350

That appears to be a very nice truck! I have a buddy with a four door Mog, it just makes me sick! Oh well... He wants to sell it, but it is beyond my means right now. The way those things move around off road is unreal, but that is what they are known for. It would look great in my driveway! Nice find, Glen

Wolf.Dose

Hey,
step by step!
The outer of the cab looks like a lot of work.
The canvas needs to be a new one (old ones are expensive as new ones useually).
The gunmount on the dash is intended for a UZI MP.
The gun mounts in the body are for the G3 intended.
The inside boby photos make the impression that only the radios are missing, the other electric seems to be complete (however, is it still in working order?)
The photo of the backside if the stool tells me, that this Mog at least for some time was used at the ABC Abwehrkompanie 110 in Emden which is in northern Germany.
The Schwingfeuerheizgeraet probably is unusealble, need to be replaced by a better one or best would be by an unused from the Depot. Rebuilding these is somewhat dangerous for with a leaky burner co will enter the body.
Anyway, a lot of work before this rig can bee used for a MV meeting.
I would not remove the body from the Mog except for restauration.There are enough possibilities the modify it for a camper body and keep a good part of its original function alive.
The trailer air brake system supplys, if working propperly, 6.3 bar filling pressure for the trailer (red coupler )and a maximum of 6.3 bar brake pressure on the yellow coupler. US trailers do not realy fit for this!
Mogs are tough, never perfect, however somehow always running.
Good luck!
Wolf
P.S.: Which are the options never seen before. May be I can help.

FM5332FF

A little Update, My new wires, plugs, cap, rotor, and Pertronix Ignition is here, I have not had the time to install it yet, I finshed my house, moved in, and got married all in the same week. So the mog has been on the back burner, My Wife wants it finished as much as I do so It will be done soon hopefully. :)

dc3coyote

Does your NDIX work? I am not opposed to having a spare.
And Congrats on getting married. Now you have to ask permission to buy guns, trucks and to go have fun.

FM5332FF

I brought the mog out to my house today, I had some time so I decided I would install the pertronix ignition, coil, plugs, cap, rotor, and wires. [thumbzup] It got dark so I will be setting the timing tomorrow. even not timed perfect it seems to start faster and run alot better. :)

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks