• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can provide power steering CHEAP & RELIABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Power assist from a forklift I assume, fitted into the steering column?

Also, just because it came off the shelf, that DOESN'T get you out of liability when you market it as a kit. Just sayin'...

broadsword71

Power assist from a forklift I assume, fitted into the steering column?

Also, just because it came off the shelf, that DOESN'T get you out of liability when you market it as a kit. Just sayin'...
No it's not a forklift steering system...but i like the way you think, and I'm not sure about the liability, that's why I'm going to see an attorney this week. This unit is not from an exsisting system thats going to retrofit the M35...I would be surprised if a forklift steering system like you stated is that cheap. But I know nothing about forklifts. It is completely fabricated. What I meant was the items used to create the p/s system are brand new.

KsM715

Exactly. If you put the kit together and you sell it as a kit then that makes you liable. On a side note, I dont know that its possible to get a patent on a kit that you assemble from other manufactures parts. Once the first kit goes out it would be fairly easy for others to piece a kit together by simply buying all the parts.

Last edited:

4x4 Forever

Emerald Shellback
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the crabbing I am reading....

Spill the beans or taunt somewhere else. Sorry, but you've had 3 chances to explain away and show...[

Little impatient are we???

I was interested in how many people would respond to the price vs application. You can re-read my initial post if you'd like sir. Explaining exactly how it works really doesn't give me much credit. It's been a lot of leg work. Gonna have to standby until its completed.
A little impatient? Not quite BS,

I am working on a ship quite South of you for the next 4+ weeks and the wait would not kill me at all. And, I have re-read your initial post thrice. You simply stated that you had kits READY, depending on the responses you got. I would say that 4+ pages of responses show that there is enough to merit a posting of the 'kit' in the advertisement section. This, and not answering questions that have been asked, refer me back to the original post that I placed.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
No it's not a forklift steering system...but i like the way you think, and I'm not sure about the liability, that's why I'm going to see an attorney this week. This unit is not from an exsisting system thats going to retrofit the M35...I would be surprised if a forklift steering system like you stated is that cheap. But I know nothing about forklifts. It is completely fabricated. What I meant was the items used to create the p/s system are brand new.
Not the complete forklift steering section, there's just one part that is a torque multiplier. Another vendor here actually sells a kit. Basically you cut up the steering column and install the unit there. It forces the stock steering box to steer like power steering. (Increases the torque going into the steering box from the steering wheel) I bought one, but haven't had time to build one. I think I gave $300-350 for it new on ebay.

broadsword71

Not the complete forklift steering section, there's just one part that is a torque multiplier. Another vendor here actually sells a kit. Basically you cut up the steering column and install the unit there. It forces the stock steering box to steer like power steering. (Increases the torque going into the steering box from the steering wheel) I bought one, but haven't had time to build one. I think I gave $300-350 for it new on ebay.
That's very cool I like the sound of that system. I will check those out.

M1075

As you can see, there would be a lot of interest! I just don't think you can pull it off as you say. If you do, I'll buy plenty of kits!

broadsword71

A little impatient? Not quite BS,

I am working on a ship quite South of you for the next 4+ weeks and the wait would not kill me at all. And, I have re-read your initial post thrice. You simply stated that you had kits READY, depending on the responses you got. I would say that 4+ pages of responses show that there is enough to merit a posting of the 'kit' in the advertisement section. This, and not answering questions that have been asked, refer me back to the original post that I placed.
Re-read the post again...it doesn't say anything about the kits being "READY". And almost every other posting I wrote stated it was still being completed. And it would require some minor fabrication but I would still classify it as a bolt on kit. And I'm pretty sure I've answered everyone who asked a question. Again the plot to this posting was to find out if people were interested. So far about 97% of the rest simply stated "yes"...except you and a couple others. Anyway...enjoy your float. Always hated them.

broadsword71

As you can see, there would be a lot of interest! I just don't think you can pull it off as you say. If you do, I'll buy plenty of kits!
I'm working on it...we shall see. Without doubt I can create the system at a fraction of the cost. Im waiting on a few more responses from suppliers.

Blueduce

Interested.

Does your system require splicing into the steering column as stated before. I would like to have ps in my truck. I would love to have ps in my truck for under $800. I would not fancy loss of positive control should the system go down.
I'm Also curious to know If it has been tested in off road conditions. ( not just a trail ride).
My other concern is the reliability of a hydro assist system for members living in colder climates. Would it be realistic for members in PA or CO where it's winter six months a year. 2cents

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re-read the post again...it doesn't say anything about the kits being "READY". And almost every other posting I wrote stated it was still being completed. And it would require some minor fabrication but I would still classify it as a bolt on kit. And I'm pretty sure I've answered everyone who asked a question. Again the plot to this posting was to find out if people were interested. So far about 97% of the rest simply stated "yes"...except you and a couple others. Anyway...enjoy your float. Always hated them.

Post 1 :
If I could provide brand new power steering systems for the M35 for under 600.00 dollars maybe even cheaper than that. How many would be interested? I have a bolt on kit that requires very little mechanical abilities, fail proof, and heavy duty. I can provide an endless supply of these systems complete with instructions tailored for the M35.

Post 13 :
Wow that was fast!!! OK...I'm working on the kit as we speak. Its still being designed but very close to completion. I have used this same principle on other vehicles since I was about 15 years old. I was building it for my own deuce and thought... why not provide this to the masses. Paying 3k just seems so insane. I'm down here in S. Florida and the rain has been non stop and has slowed me down quite a bit. Standby on the pics/kit and more accurate pricing. Again I was interested in how many responses I'd get. But I am now motivated to complete it. Give me a few more days. I'm working on the pump brackets at the moment.

In post # 1 you stated you HAVE a kit . In post # 13 you state it is still being designed . I have re-read post 1 and it says you have a kit which by mow everyone here knows you don't have . I will agree that it does not say you have kits ready for sale , but in your own words you say you HAVE a kit.

broadsword71

Interested.

Does your system require splicing into the steering column as stated before. I would like to have ps in my truck. I would love to have ps in my truck for under $800. I would not fancy loss of positive control should the system go down.
I'm Also curious to know If it has been tested in off road conditions. ( not just a trail ride).
My other concern is the reliability of a hydro assist system for members living in colder climates. Would it be realistic for members in PA or CO where it's winter six months a year. 2cents
No splicing. And yes it has been tested in extreme off road conditions. I've never had it fail from a hard use standpoint. Ive punctured a line once...but the system will steer if hydraulic pressure is lost. Now about the cold...what are your concerns??? I know oil can thicken in cold environments but that should not apprehend its capabilities. If cold was an issue how do rack and pinion steering systems operate in the cold? I do not think it will be an issue at all.

Sleep time!

Bob H

Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the crabbing I am reading....

Spill the beans or taunt somewhere else. Sorry, but you've had 3 chances to explain away and show...
Maybe you'ld like him to list each and every part as well as the assembly instructions. :roll:

1st he has to estimate quantities, contact the suppliers to get pricing & delivery based upon said quantities. Once that is accomplished he could list them for sale and show pictures of the kit.

Being low budget myself, I doubt I'll cough up six bills for power steering.
Afterall Arnstrong power steering is still free................

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks