• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I can provide power steering CHEAP & RELIABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueduce

What blows me away is the entire tone of this thread. By that I mean what this Nation of ours has turned into. It sickens me to think what John Browning or Sam Colt would think if they read this thread. Instead of being excited and encouraging invention we have been reduced to this. Warning an inventor away from invention because of liability issues. The only people that strike it rich anymore are the attorneys and insurance companies. Big, fat pompous over paid, over fed corporate America. Imagine if Henry ford or Eli Whitney gave up because they couldn't afford the insurance premium. I do not condone anyone for trying to steer him away from his idea. This concern only shows that we look out for our own. I just think it's a sad, sad, sad state that we even have to go there. Invention, Inspiration, forward thinking, all attributes that used to make us the greatest nation in the world. These qualities are now discouraged in exchange for less noble careers in infomercials, fast food and mega malls. Our nations leaders have been extremely successful in dummying us up and scarring the crap out of us if we think outside there box. Tell my wife and kids I Love them if I mysteriously disappear in the next few days.

broadsword71

Your correct it just vaporware until its released. I agree. Either way I'm going to release the idea...and people can do what they want with it. I actually have 3 total p/s ideas that I have tested in the past with success. This current is proving thus far the most practical. Final results pending.
What blows me away is the entire tone of this thread. By that I mean what this Nation of ours has turned into. It sickens me to think what John Browning or Sam Colt would think if they read this thread. Instead of being excited and encouraging invention we have been reduced to this. Warning an inventor away from invention because of liability issues. The only people that strike it rich anymore are the attorneys and insurance companies. Big, fat pompous over paid, over fed corporate America. Imagine if Henry ford or Eli Whitney gave up because they couldn't afford the insurance premium. I do not condone anyone for trying to steer him away from his idea. This concern only shows that we look out for our own. I just think it's a sad, sad, sad state that we even have to go there. Invention, Inspiration, forward thinking, all attributes that used to make us the greatest nation in the world. These qualities are now discouraged in exchange for less noble careers in infomercials, fast food and mega malls. Our nations leaders have been extremely successful in dummying us up and scarring the crap out of us if we think outside there box. Tell my wife and kids I Love them if I mysteriously disappear in the next few days.
WELL SAID! I envy my grandfathers time in this respect.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've built several towbars and sold them on here. There were several that said I would be sued into the poorhouse for doing this. I just labeled them "off-road only" and sold them. I'm confident in my work and so far I know of no problems.

I wouldn't let the product liability prevent me from offering the kit but you just need to realize the risk. ;-)

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The problem is anybody can sue for anything and they do . Just look back a few years when a bunch of cities banded together to sue gun manufacturers , did the gun manufacturers win ? Yes but only after spending millions to fight it . This where the the problem is with liablity . You can't even built your own trusses for a house anymore without a drawing of them with a engineers stamp on it .

m816Buch

HELLO!!!!! Wasn't this thread about a power steering conversion kit????

What happened to it.......please tell us more and show photos of what you have done so far

broadsword71

Full Hydro system cost.

I know what it cost me...I'm interested in What is the average pricing folks are paying for FULL HYDRO steering? Anyone know? This is for off road use only and I won't recommend this for highway use. And this is NOT the hydro assist system I'm purposing that is for highway use. Just want to be clear with that. I've read some radical pricing on this site that surprised me.

dmetalmiki

Hmmmmmmmm...When this thread started I was seriously interested..BUT imediately thought.." that will get nipped in the bud for sure" and guess what?!..I only had to go from post 3 to end post to see the result of this exellent offering. "ZILCH"!
(why not) come over to blighty make them sell them get rich and enjoy (many other inventions).:deadhorse:

markmontana

Hold on- I'm typing this is in the dark on a manual typewriter- because Edison didn't invent the light bulb and Steve Jobs dropped the Apple PC idea- due to liability worries.

NOT!

There have been naysayers for every good idea I've ever had. If I listened to them I would still be milking cows. Go with your gut- things will work out - if they are meant to. If it's really a good solution- you will be able to deal with the legalities in time.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most of the people here want it and want him to succeed, just not at the expense of ruining his life by some bozo suing over it.

BTW Edison did NOT invent the light bulb any more than Marconi invented the radio.

Blueduce

I know what it cost me...I'm interested in What is the average pricing folks are paying for FULL HYDRO steering? Anyone know? This is for off road use only and I won't recommend this for highway use. And this is NOT the hydro assist system I'm purposing that is for highway use. Just want to be clear with that. I've read some radical pricing on this site that surprised me.
P/S "kit" on ePay for $2,850 with free shipping. It is a full bolt on hydro kit but you do have to cut your steering column. His itemized list has no disclaimers or "off road only" statements.

broadsword71

P/S "kit" on ePay for $2,850 with free shipping. It is a full bolt on hydro kit but you do have to cut your steering column. His itemized list has no disclaimers or "off road only" statements.
Can you send me that link? If its a true full hydro system that's the biggest rip off yet. Are you sure it's not an actual p/s system for the deuce? And if it is a true full hydro system and doesn't have a disclaimer that doesn't mean you should drive it on the highway. Im sure most of you know this. The problem with full hydro steering is 1 major issue. You lose pressure you lose steering. In the woods at 10mph or less it's a hassle if it goes down. Doing 65mph on the highway with an M35 and it goes down people die. If this is a full hydro system I could provide it for a fraction of the cost...brand new.

joshs1ofakindxj

Probably sign me up for one if this is as good as it sounds.

I would also be interested in a simple bracket kit and parts list option like the TM America alternator kit.

I hope you're mounting the pump elsewhere on the motor and not above the generator where I mounted my 12V alternator!

PLEASE next time you do something like this don't make such a TEASE thread the suspense is killing me. Wait till you're done to post!!!

Ridgerunner

Boy, I’ve never met a bigger group of worry-warts. I’m sure glad I don’t live my life with that type of mentality. The sky is falling.......the sky is falling. I think he gets what your saying, and that’s not what this thread is about.

If the original poster can build/provide a Deuce power steering kit, and sell them as “Street legal”, “Off road use only”, or even for all I care, label it “Do not use”. If it’s a good solid kit, works like he says it will, and all for under $600, I’ll be in for one.

Last edited:

broadsword71

Boy, I’ve never met a bigger group of worry-warts. I’m sure glade I don’t live my life with that type of mentality. The sky is falling.......the sky is falling. I think he gets what your saying, and that’s not what this thread is about.

If the original poster can build/provide a Deuce power steering kit, and sell them as “Street legal”, “Off road use only”, or even for all I care, label it “Do not use”. If it’s a good solid kit, works like he says it will, and all for under $600, I’ll be in for one.

I get it for sure...I think everyone is just speaking the obvious and the sad reality is we do sue everyone for everything here in America these days. I know the liability is there. But I the same note I am confident in my workmanship, and am not overly worried about it. I would put any/all of my young kids in the front seat of my deuce without a worry in my mind about the steering. I should have better info for everybody very soon. I will be in the hydro shop all day tomorrow working away. By the way my deuce is still under construction being bobbed and I am in 12 different directions with mods on it aside from the p/s. The P/S system came up because I was in the process of completing my own personal kit. I decided to tweak it a bit more so its more user friendly for the masses after the huge response in about 24 hours. That is the main holdup here. I tried to stress to all that the system was not complete or ready to be sold to the public. I don't have endless amounts of time to just work on the p/s system for a deuce. I wish I did...I enjoy the challange and love to fabricate. Most folks here understand that...a couple are impatient. No worries here. If I provided the system right now I would be above my 600.00 goal. So standby gents...if I fail at this it wouldn't be the first time, or the second, third, or 50th at something. But I don't like to lose either and am a poor sport and stubborn as all get up...so I will have a positive result at the end of the day. As I said I have 3 different ideas with p/s that I have applied and they work and are much lower in cost than the common advertised amount. So at the minimum I will provide a detailed alternative.

KsM715

I have a few issues to add to this whole liability "thing" ( I 'm not going to spend time going back and doing multiple quotes so just bear with me)

1. way back broadsword71 asked if there were any lawyers here on the forum. Yes there are and you'll notice none of them will make any statement here in a public forum in reguards to your liability issues because they know that would make them liable for the opinions they give you.

2. You want to put together a kit for people to use on their trucks knowing full well they will use them on road but think that listing it for "off-road only" or "experimental use only" will clear you of any liability issues. If a lawsuit were to happen and a good lawyer got ahold of this public thread, your screwed.

3. Liability, "the way our country is going", and lawsuits? anyone know the common issue? Answer, lawyers. Until we get the laws changed to where the loser pays all costs associated with going to court, nothing is going to change. The biggest hurdle with that is the majority of congress is made up of lawyers.

4. The last thing I'll say about getting sued. Most of you that have never been sued and just dont think its that big of risk.............I look at it this way, It like drinking and driving. Most people dont think its that big of a deal and dont really worry about it. Until it happens to you or someone close to you, (getting hit by a drunk, or a drunk family member dies) then and only then do you realize just how bad it is.

Is putting your whole life (finacially) and your families lives worth the risk of getting sued by an ambulance chaser?

*edit* Im an electrician by trade but I do not own my own company and therefor do not have liability insurance in my name. I bet I get asked 3-4 times a week if I do work on the side. My answer is always NO. I could make good "under the table cash money" doing that but it just is not worth the risk because someone else did work in a house that I worked on and caused a fire. I too am very confident in my work and dont think anything I would do could cause a fire, however that does not mean that at some point in the future a fire doesnt happen and the lawyers dont try to come after me for doing work in that house.

Last edited:

broadsword71

I have a few issues to add to this whole liability "thing" ( I 'm not going to spend time going back and doing multiple quotes so just bear with me)

1. way back broadsword71 asked if there were any lawyers here on the forum. Yes there are and you'll notice none of them will make any statement here in a public forum in reguards to your liability issues because they know that would make them liable for the opinions they give you.

2. You want to put together a kit for people to use on their trucks knowing full well they will use them on road but think that listing it for "off-road only" or "experimental use only" will clear you of any liability issues. If a lawsuit were to happen and a good lawyer gotaholdof this public thread, your screwed.

3. Liability, "the way our country is going", and lawsuits? anyone know the common issue? Answer, lawyers. Until we get the laws changed to where the loser pays all costs assoiated with going to court, nothing isgoing to change. The biggest hurdle with that is the majority of congress is made up of lawyers.

4. The last thing I'll say about getting sued. Most of you that have never been sued and just dont think its that big of risk.............I look at it this way, It like drinking and driving. Most people dont think its that big of a deal and dont really worry about it. Until it happens to you or someone close to you, (getting hit by a drunk, or a drunk family member dies) then and only then do you realize just how bad it is.

Is putting your whole life (finacially) and your families lives worth the risk of getting sued by an ambulance chaser?

*edit* Im an electrician by trade but I do not own my own company and therefor do not have liability insurance in my name. I bet I get asked 3-4 times a week if I do work on the side. My answer is always NO. I could make good "under the table cash money" doing that but it just isnot worth the risk because someone elsedid work in a house that I worked on and caused a fire. I too am very confident in my work anddont think anything I woulddocould cause a fire, however that does not mean that at some point in the future a fire doesnt happen and the lawyers dont try to come after me for doing work in that house.
I understand and respect your concern here. Thanks for the insight and comments.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Wow...this thread took off quick and some good comments have been made!:)

HOWEVER...the OP has not perfected his product and from what I understand just wanted to know if anyone is interested in buying a kit IF he decides to sell it.:whistle:

I think the answer is a resounding YES!!:)

I think we should all just take a chill pill and let him do his thing and when he is ready and has done whatever due dilligence he is comfortable with he will come back and post his product in the classifieds where we will either buy it or not.[thumbzup]

Attachments

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think I'm going to sue all the posters on this thread for making my head hurt and causing emotional stress.

Just kidding of course but the fact is I could very well follow through with it. I might even actually win ( I've seen worse that won). Even if I loose I could still cost all of y'all a bunch of money fighting it. I'm just trying to point out that people can sue you for almost anything but it doesn't hurt to limit your exposure as much as you reasonably can.

You build a $600 kit and I'll buy one and you can call it a espresso machine if you like. [thumbzup]

JasonS

Put your idea out on the forum already. If it is the Garrison setup, pay them to design it and you have exclulsive rights to sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.