• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I did a bad bad thing

XchaosX

I went and bought another deuce. I couldn't help myself and without telling the wife. Lucky I have a amazing wife and was very understanding when I broke the news to her. I just have to buy her a new vehicle now.

I caught this green desease hard after buying my first deuce in April. I have rebuilt or have gone through a lot of that truck now. Cruising craigslist and classifieds constantly for green machines and parts. Last night on the internets happened on a 1988 USAF M35A2 in Scranton. I was already heading down to Kublos today for parts for my deuce so I figured whats another hour driving.

Only down side to truck was that it wrecked in a front end collision. The truck does have a bunch nice and expensive parts: dual airpacks, air assit steering, hard top and 395s on Mrap rims. I got it cheap enough so hopefully I can find someone to haul it for a reasonable fee.

Anyone in the Scranton area know any histroy on this truck. The junkyard owner said the story he heard on the accident was the ebrake was left off and the truck rolled down a hill into a wall. Title I got shows it was titled in Pa in 08 and salvaged in 11.
00K0K_8AobQyuSduX_600x450.jpeg00c0c_U20c4Oi0fr_600x450.jpeg01313_1q8aV9GBHid_600x450.jpeg00f0f_2XbQWYVR8Gw_600x450.jpeg2013-11-18 12.55.35.jpg2013-11-18 13.00.20.jpg

XchaosX

Thats what I thought at first, slap some new fenders on it and she would good to go. Thought about towing it home with my deuce but after seeing the front axle I dont dare to. After crawling underneath and seeing the damage to the driveline I dont know it if makes sense to repair it. Plus there is a hole in the oil pan and some idiot removed the oil filters.
2013-11-18 12.59.58.jpg2013-11-18 12.51.24.jpg2013-11-18 12.58.36.jpg

XchaosX

My other truck is a dropside also. I figured if I don't rebuild it, i'll use the bed for a trailer. The instrument under the dash is a boost gauge.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After some more detailed inspections, it may still be repairable. A late model Air Force Deuce is worth some $$$.

The hole in the oil pan and missing filters are more than likely from the scrapyard removing hazardous liquids. Our salvage yards here do that.

I have one that has been named The Bismarck. It is simular to yours as it also has been wrecked. However the impact was at the left front frame rail. Both frame rails are bent to the right, it turns to the right, thus the reference to the Bismarck. (the Bismarck had it rudder jambed and would only turn left before she was sank)

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?84780-So-you-want-a-cheap-GL-Deuce

Last edited:

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
I doubt it would be hard to find an oilpan and oil filter cans. Heck, I think I have some filter cans left over from my spin on filter swap.

ATPTac

If you got it for a good enough deal I'd start sourcing parts and see if you can get her up and running again. If not, you have an excellent parts truck with some pricey upgrades to swap over to your other Deuce.

On a side note that steering wheel looks pretty funny in that truck... :lol:

XchaosX

After some more detailed inspections, it may still be repairable. A late model Air Force Deuce is worth some $$$.

The hole in the oil pan and missing filters are more than likely from the scrapyard removing hazardous liquids. Our salvage yard do that here.
Well the yard has loaders with the big ass forks and there is good chance thats what punctured the oil pan. Thats not what scares me, see how the drive shaft is wadded. When I was under there it looked like the engine had been shoved into the transmission bell housing. Can say for sure til I get home and tare into more.

XchaosX

If you got it for a good enough deal I'd start sourcing parts and see if you can get her up and running again. If not, you have an excellent parts truck with some pricey upgrades to swap over to your other Deuce.

On a side note that steering wheel looks pretty funny in that truck... :lol:
What you don't the blinged out wheel? I paid just a bit over scrap price for this truck, the junkyard had no clue what this truck was. They had it listed as a 1988 GMC 225. I am hoping to able to fix this truck up and swap all parts I want onto one truck. Keep one as back up or sell it off. I not then I have a parts truck, which I was looking for anyhow. Since I have had to get so many parts from Kublos in the past few months. Due the real lack of maintenance on my current deuce from it's past owner.

Last edited:

XchaosX

Thanks guys for offers on the oil cans, I apperciate it. But I do have a spare set with new filters since I have spin ons on my other deuce. I'm really surprized with this truck sitting a junkyard these past couple years more parts weren't taken off it. So far all I saw missing was the oil cans, the air box and the air intake assembly to the turbo, the front axle caps, and the battery box(which I was hoping for one since my trucks is rusted to ****).

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks