• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

I found a V8 Deuse

Elwenil

Boat anchor? What?!?! Lol. Admittedly the old industrial engines are not very powerful but they have tons of torque for a gas V8, work hard without overheating and generally have low compression so they will run on whatever watered-down gas is put in them. Of course anything from a 440 SixPak to a 426 Hemi will bolt in place of it. Of course with gas at close to $4 a gallon, I don't think I would want a big block powered anything right now, lol.

Billy Bobbed

I hate to say it,it got scraped.I got the 1/8" metal top front springs the pto and pump.I tryed to save as much I could.The sheet metal was in nice shape but the owner wanted the metal for scrap.I still have the windshield brakes and drums and front springs.

Last edited:

Gunfreak25

Oh well, you saved what you could. She's probably ended up on display at walmart as chinese patio furniture. And the TAPS play........

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If that hard top is in good shape and for sale I'd like to discuss it. I am using a military HT and it's OK but it need something a bit more stout for a project.

I believe that is the one loosely described as a "B" block. Which happens to be a big block. The most typical sizes were 383 or 413 or 440.

Can't imagine a reason that would make me put that much work into the swap. The diesel is more efficient (better mileage) and already there.

Then again some people just want to be different. Got that one covered;-)

e

Elwenil

It has already been identified as an RB industrial engine. B series are 350, 361, 383 and 400. RB series are 413, 426 and 440.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks